Chapel Hill @ Kilgore

Stankylegg

Chapel Hill @ Kilgore  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who becomes district champion?

This poll is closed to new votes

I just hope we got healthy over the bye week and we have all of our players available for this one...we got pretty banged up against Athens. Mainly our starting RB who went out with a knee injury of some sort..??...he didn't play most of the 4th qtr against Athens and was on the sideline with ice on his knee....hopefully, he is ready to roll. Also, heard we "could" be missing a few others...??....hopefully, I heard wrong on that part...either way it will be an exciting game

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LetsGoEagles said:

I don't really see either team losing to El Crapo

Agreed!

Kilgore's bye week was definitely needed. Just getting guys healthier not going to say 100% because at this point in the season not team is 100% healthy.

I also believe Kilgore defensive line will be the key in slowing CH running attack down and kinda force them to throw the ball more than they want.

While I agree with Kilgore's defensive line being a huge key, it's actually the ability of the LB's to contain and keep contained after the D-line has penetrated that I see as key. CHill ran a bunch of jet sweeps on us, and what killed us was our inability to get penetration to disrupt the sweep. The speedsters from CHill simply waited until a hole opened up and turned it up field and took off. If we could have penetrated that seam we could have disrupted their speed from being so effective. Kudos to Chills O-line, they played great and CHIlls game plan was solid. Kilgore's defense is a different animal than ours. The way to slow down elite speed is to hit hard and punish them, make those small thin WR's afraid to get decked and they will begin to wonder when the next hit is coming and then not be so fast to turn and burn. They're head will be in a swivel. Again, line play will be huge. CHill is gonna score. That's a given, but I can see this game being a shootout. I'd say 75 total points minimum. 

Edited by LetsGoEagles

Kilgore is playing in their third straight district title game and are the reigning district champs. The Chapel Hill Bulldogs are the reigning region champs. This is going to be fun.

And after Henderson, Athens, and Bye... thank the Lord we finally have someone to talk to.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

All I can say is it will be a dogfight! Pun intended! Kilgore def the better defensive team but CH offense has proven they can score and score fast. Stewart is running like a man possessed and Trevor Brooks is playing lights out on the defensive side of the ball. CH is banged up a bit but what team is not this time of year. Next man up. Kilgore by def came at the perfect time. Either way this game goes, I can see a rematch in about 3 weeks. Friday can’t get here soon enough! Too bad sombrero burnt lol. I could use some papa nachos. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CHDog77 said:

I don't see the jet sweep being a great option for CH against Kilgores speed. Gotta mix in the pass effectively for any chance to win. Oline and Dline play will definitely decide this one.  

Agreed. No one has had success running laterally on us this year. 

30 minutes ago, Chill5000 said:

All I can say is it will be a dogfight! Pun intended! Kilgore def the better defensive team but CH offense has proven they can score and score fast. Stewart is running like a man possessed and Trevor Brooks is playing lights out on the defensive side of the ball. CH is banged up a bit but what team is not this time of year. Next man up. Kilgore by def came at the perfect time. Either way this game goes, I can see a rematch in about 3 weeks. Friday can’t get here soon enough! Too bad sombrero burnt lol. I could use some papa nachos. 

That's the worry for Kilgore. If this game turns into a shootout... advantage Chapel Hill. A tired defense is no defense.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bigchum55 said:

Hope everyone is healthy for this one, loser plays Rueban Owens in the second round.

I'm not going to say that he's over-rated, because he has the size, speed and agility to be an All-American RB and a potential NFL draft pick. But, from what I saw of him against us and other playoff games I've watched of theirs.... he's not hard to get on the ground if you can make contact with him. And as fast as he is, he's not going to get that 1-dimensional offense with an average defense out of the 2nd round. 

3 hours ago, Aggie98 said:

I'm not going to say that he's over-rated, because he has the size, speed and agility to be an All-American RB and a potential NFL draft pick. But, from what I saw of him against us and other playoff games I've watched of theirs.... he's not hard to get on the ground if you can make contact with him. And as fast as he is, he's not going to get that 1-dimensional offense with an average defense out of the 2nd round. 

He has size but isn't physical from the games I've seen. Rather run out of bounds then lower his shoulder.

9 hours ago, HJR7 said:

He has size but isn't physical from the games I've seen. Rather run out of bounds then lower his shoulder.

That’s exactly right. When they played Lindale last year that’s what he did. He is really good but when it came to being hit he would just run out of bounds

• Like 1