Chapel Hill @ Kilgore

Stankylegg

Chapel Hill @ Kilgore  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who becomes district champion?

This poll is closed to new votes

8 hours ago, LetsGoEagles said:

you mean where people discuss football and things that have to do with HS football? Like why players may not be playing in a game or gone for the year?  LoL- got eeeeeeem! goodnight stankylip

Maybe the team didn’t want the public to know, until the individual could make a decision and release a statement on his own.  Maybe things and responses go deeper than you realize.

I know you’re fascinated with CH.

#wefasttoo

Edited by Stankylegg
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

This one is going to be interesting.

Chapel Hill has lost one of their best playmakers and has had one less day to prepare than a normal week.

Kilgore should be healthy and has had an extra week to prepare thanks to the bye week. I would also give the coaching advantage to Kilgore...

Give me Kilgore by 2 scores.

The coaching advantage….

I think you meant Chapel Hill had the coaching advantage….

5 hours ago, Stankylegg said:

Nope. Don’t got me, Miranda.  Maybe the team didn’t want the public to know, until the individual could make a decision and release a statement on his own.  Maybe things and responses go deeper than you realize.

I know you’re fascinated with CH, Miranda.

#wefasttoo

I think you meant #wekarenstoo

Keep your head up Kilgore...didn't play your best game last night and missed some opportunities... Congratulations Chapel Hill on a well deserved DC. That dang Stewart kid is going to be special!!!!....best of luck in the playoffs and hopefully we both take care of business and get the rematch...I like Kilgore's chances in a rematch

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Go Bucks said:

The coaching advantage….

I think you meant Chapel Hill had the coaching advantage….

Yep...may have been wrong on that one. I thought Fuller and his staff would have the Red Dogs ready to go after a bye week and with CH playing on a short week.

Kudos to Coach Riorden and his staff for getting their guys on the bus and winning the district title. CH Dogs could win the whole thing in my opinion. I sure hope for some rematches of our district in the 3rd and 4th round.

• Like 1

Its crazy how bent out of shape some of you get on here.
When Chapel Hill is losing, you hate that they know or feel they could have done better.
When they are winning, they are not allowed to talk a little trash and remind you that they are better. (This year)
Chapel Hill proved yesterday that they are the district champs.  Easily.....

• Like 1

Great game. CH’s defense has improved so much recently. Great energy and hustle. Much improved over last year and that just might be the diff we need to make a good run for state. 

Kilgores defensive line might be best we face. Impressive size and athleticism. Both teams missed scoring opportunities. The rematch will be a blast. 

Good luck Kilgore! 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mojo1000 said:

Chapel Hill got a great team but didn’t expect them to be District Champs. Kilgore and Chill probably meet again playing December football.

Absolutely. Congratulations to the Bulldogs. They’re definitely one of the favorites to win state. Great season. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, jamonit said:

Its crazy how bent out of shape some of you get on here.
When Chapel Hill is losing, you hate that they know or feel they could have done better.
When they are winning, they are not allowed to talk a little trash and remind you that they are better. (This year)
Chapel Hill proved yesterday that they are the district champs.  Easily.....

You know this.  CH gets kicked around a little.  It’s just the truth.  It’s the step-brother to Tyler.  When CH goes to the SC in the Tyler media outlets it’s “Tyler Chapel Hill.”   When a crime is reported it’s “Chapel Hill, a community outside of Tyler.”

The crazy thing is, in a place like smoaky, fans of teams that haven’t ever even won a SC will make comments like CH fans are always the victim or always make excuses.  I think it’s far from that.  CH (in general) doesn’t have a victim mentality, rather a rise above mentality.   If A has won more than B and is better than B, how can B call A the victim? Maybe B is just jealous and apathetic, so B resorts to immature titles and name calling of A.  🤷‍♂️ 

Places like Lindale have awesome facilities, awesome budgets, a lot going great in the community and school.  That’s great for them. I’m not jealous or bothered at all by that.  However, the average Lindale kid and the average CH kid live two very different lives. There’s nothing either kid can do about where they are from and much of their life circumstances.  It’s just the truth that some kids have a better setup for support and success than others.

I love to see all kids have support and be set up for success, both, the average Lindale kid and the average CH kid.  Both deserve a chance to rise above, but it’s just the truth that the CH kid probably has a few extra obstacles to fight through in order to rise above.

For many of these CH kids, being a part of something like the football team, the band, etc., that’s the difference in them having any type of positive parent-like influence and not.  I’ve first hand seen many kids live’s completely change trajectory, because of the influence and impact directly from being a part of one of these organizations.  So yes, it does bother me when I watch a kid that’s doing everything he/she can to rise above with little support from home get kicked in the teeth unfairly.  If me calling that out makes me a victim in some folks eyes, then so be it.

Edited by Stankylegg
  • Like 3

The simple fact is CH is better this year. They do have state championships where as Lindale doesn’t ( in football anyway). That being said just because Lindale hasn’t won state doesn’t mean they don’t have a right to talk some noise. At the end of the day when we’re not facing each other and playoffs start we support each other. I have seen tons of support from Lindale, CH, and Kilgore fans for each other’s teams. If our team isn’t going to go the distance we want to see our district mates do it. 

18 minutes ago, Jakeelee05 said:

The simple fact is CH is better this year. They do have state championships where as Lindale doesn’t ( in football anyway). That being said just because Lindale hasn’t won state doesn’t mean they don’t have a right to talk some noise. At the end of the day when we’re not facing each other and playoffs start we support each other. I have seen tons of support from Lindale, CH, and Kilgore fans for each other’s teams. If our team isn’t going to go the distance we want to see our district mates do it. 

It’s just funny to me how it happens.  How many CH fans are regularly on the Lindale threads “talking noise” and how many Lindale fans are on the CH thread “talking noise.”  Don’t think I’ve even opened a Lindale thread once this year, aside from when CH was playing Lindale. 

You are correct about the support for each other though.  I see it kind of like brothers fighting with each other and then going out and fighting other folks.  I’m 100% going to want my brother to win every fight, except for when he fights with me. 

Edited by Stankylegg
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Stankylegg said:

You know this.  CH gets kicked around a little.  It’s just the truth.  It’s the step-brother to Tyler.  When CH goes to the SC in the Tyler media outlets it’s “Tyler Chapel Hill.”   When a crime is reported it’s “Chapel Hill, a community outside of Tyler.”

The crazy thing is, in a place like smoaky, fans of teams that haven’t ever even won a SC will make comments like CH fans are always the victim or always make excuses.  I think it’s far from that.  CH (in general) doesn’t have a victim mentality, rather a rise above mentality.   If A has won more than B and is better than B, how can B call A the victim? Maybe B is just jealous and apathetic, so B resorts to immature titles and name calling of A.  🤷‍♂️ 

Places like Lindale have awesome facilities, awesome budgets, a lot going great in the community and school.  That’s great for them. I’m not jealous or bothered at all by that.  However, the average Lindale kid and the average CH kid live two very different lives. There’s nothing either kid can do about where they are from and much of their life circumstances.  It’s just the truth that some kids have a better setup for support and success than others.

I love to see all kids have support and be set up for success, both, the average Lindale kid and the average CH kid.  Both deserve a chance to rise above, but it’s just the truth that the CH kid probably has a few extra obstacles to fight through in order to rise above.

For many of these CH kids, being a part of something like the football team, the band, etc., that’s the difference in them having any type of positive parent-like influence and not.  I’ve first hand seen many kids live’s completely change trajectory, because of the influence and impact directly from being a part of one of these organizations.  So yes, it does bother me when I watch a kid that’s doing everything he/she can to rise above with little support from home get kicked in the teeth unfairly.  If me calling that out makes me a victim in some folks eyes, then so be it.

Edited by Chill5000

19 minutes ago, Stankylegg said:

I agree 100% man. CH is a tight group! A group that always takes care of its own. I have a player on the team and I’ve seen first hand some of the things a lot of these boys deal with. Some brought on themselves but a lot of other problems that the kid didn’t have any say in. Fact is CH is looked at as Tyler’s step brother. We’re not Lindale or Bullard with nice, new shiny facilities but we have some of the best coaches, admin, school board, boosters and parents I’ve ever seen. I’m very proud to be from CH and will always do whatever I can to help anyone of these boys, on and off the field. I hope Kilgore had a great run and I think a rematch is inevitable BUT it sure would be fun to give Lindale another 79 reasons to tuck tail and head back home! 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Chill5000 said:

I agree 100% man. CH is a tight group! A group that always takes care of its own. I have a player on the team and I’ve seen first hand some of the things a lot of these boys deal with. Some brought on themselves but a lot of other problems that the kid didn’t have any say in. Fact is CH is looked at as Tyler’s step brother. We’re not Lindale or Bullard with nice, new shiny facilities but we have some of the best coaches, admin, school board, boosters and parents I’ve ever seen. I’m very proud to be from CH and will always do whatever I can to help anyone of these boys, on and off the field. I hope Kilgore had a great run and I think a rematch is inevitable BUT it sure would be fun to give Lindale another 79 reasons to tuck tail and head back home! 

If CH and Lindale played again, Lindale would be lucky to score 14pts.

• LOL! 1

On 11/3/2022 at 9:47 AM, GoodOleBoy73 said:

This one is going to be interesting.

Chapel Hill has lost one of their best playmakers and has had one less day to prepare than a normal week.

Kilgore should be healthy and has had an extra week to prepare thanks to the bye week. I would also give the coaching advantage to Kilgore...

Give me Kilgore by 2 scores.

The truth is CH, Kilgore and Lindale are ALL three competitive teams. All three have great staffs that work their kids hard and all three have dudes that can play. They just happen to all be in the District of Doom together...otherwise I could see any of those schools making a deep run. Best of luck to all three going to playoffs - represent our district well!!!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Go Bucks said:

The truth is CH, Kilgore and Lindale are ALL three competitive teams. All three have great staffs that work their kids hard and all three have dudes that can play. They just happen to all be in the District of Doom together...otherwise I could see any of those schools making a deep run. Best of luck to all three going to playoffs - represent our district well!!!

Agreed. You look at the losses these teams have and it tells you...you've got to be really good to beat them.

CH - Lost to Gilmer / Van (this one is a little confusing)

Kilgore - Lost to Carthage / Gilmer / CH

Lindale - Lost to Kaufman (a little confusing) / Gilmer / Kilgore / CH

My point is this...it's still the DoD for 4A Division 1. These three teams could all beat any team on any night in my opinion. Clearly CH is the top team right now!

• Like 1

I'm a say this to Stankylegg and whoever else reads this from C-hill. I have seen on several occasions y'all claim the step brother of Tyler, TX. Y'all claim that title. You don't hear people from Tyler going around saying  C-hill is the step brother of Tyler. That's self proclaim. A title y'all gave yourselves. You are very much Tyler as well as any other school that's located in Tyler, TX. Of course JT and Lee are the big dogs in the city. They are part of Tylerisd. So yeah they will get the most coverage. They are the largest school district in all of East Texas. All I'm saying is quit playing this victim role of being lil step brother. You are Tyler, TX in Chapel Hill isd. Can't nobody take that away from C-hill. You have every right to Tyler as well as any other school district that's located in Tyler, Texas. Great luck Friday and I'm definitely following C-hill on their road to state.

Edited by VonG

43 minutes ago, Stankylegg said:

We’ll said. I admire you for this and respect it very much. Listen, I’m still gonna talk crap to you guys. It’s what we do in district. But if you guys are the last guys standing in the region, then I’m a CHill fan. We support each other once everyone else is gone. Us, Kilgore, Chill. That’s how I am. If Palestine made a run, I’ll cheer for them too. I’m very proud of 9-4A football and think across the state we don’t get the respect we deserve. This district is a gauntlet. And I think we prove how tough it is every single year. We fight until one of us advances, then it’s all about 9-4A doing as well as we can. I think that’s how most of us are truthfully. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

Don't be confused,  that was Van down only 2 starters. In that game and the rest of the season the vandals have been plagued by the injury bug. I think CH would have their way with Van with today.

8 minutes ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

Agreed. You look at the losses these teams have and it tells you...you've got to be really good to beat them.

Kilgore - Lost to Carthage / Gilmer / CH

Lindale - Lost to Kaufman (a little confusing) / Gilmer / Kilgore / CH

My point is this...it's still the DoD for 4A Division 1. These three teams could all beat any team on any night in my opinion. Clearly CH is the top team right now!

BTW, look at this list and all you D1 pumpers remember back to Van/ Lindale week when I said 4 teams in D2 could win D1. I was crucified for saying that Carthage,  Gilmer,  PG and Van COULD win D1. 

Those teams are 5-1 against 9-4AD1.

• LOL! 1

3 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

BTW, look at this list and all you D1 pumpers remember back to Van/ Lindale week when I said 4 teams in D2 could win D1. I was crucified for saying that Carthage,  Gilmer,  PG and Van COULD win D1. 

Those teams are 5-1 against 9-4AD1.

Come on man. You STILL think Van could win D-1? Please stop. Neither could PG. Carthage and Gilmer = definitely they could.