Chapel Hill @ Kilgore

Stankylegg

Chapel Hill @ Kilgore  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who becomes district champion?

This poll is closed to new votes

43 minutes ago, VonG said:

That Gilmer game had Chapel Hill in a slump. The qb threw 4 int's in the 1st halve alone. Sloppy play carried over into the game vs Van. If they were to play today and both teams are healthy. It is my belief that Chapel Hill would win. Chapel Hill was not playing good football at the beginning of the year. It happens. They were reading all the newspapers clippings of how great they were and it didn't translate on the field when the season started. They let that #1 rankings go to their head. It took a few games for them to start gelling and realizing they could be a great team. They realized they had to put the work, sacrifice  for the greater good of the team, humble themselves, and understand every one was going to give them their best every week. A lost in the beginning of the season has no bearing on them in latter part of the season. A lost can do wonders for you if you are willing to learn after your lost.

I agree with all of that, including that CH would be favored to win if they played today.  

But to say that Van "COULDN'T" beat them is not realistic.  They DID beat them. 

• Like 1

I know, I know, I comment on CHill threads, get over it. I just love talking 9-4A ball. I do want to say something that stood out to me last night. I know we give each other hard time and all, and go back and forth, but I wanted to compliment #2, Deuce McGregor on something I saw last night. Several times last night I watched him go out of his way to go pickup the ball and take it to the ref/official who was busy doing other things, signaling penalties, helping move the chains etc..  Most kids don't do that now days, and it stood out to me as a classy move on his part in a time when a lot of kids just throw the ball down or drop it and act as thought the officials are there to wait on them and they can just do it themselves. Just pointing that out. It was cool to see   

• Like 2

Just now, Go Bucks said:

They did. CH didn't play well.

The officials didn't do so hot either.

CH scores a TD, it gets called back for a "holding" call. There was no holding.

A Van player loses his helmet, never has to leave the field.

A Van player on defense lines up on the CH deep snapper then plows him over....no flags.

Another Van player tackles a CH guy after the whistle blows - an official is staring at it, no flag. 

Van 100% has a tough team (when all healthy)...CH definitely did not show up playing as a team vs. Van. The officials didn't help. 

Tough to say where Van would fall in the District of Doom, but it is tough to judge from looking at a week 2 matchup. 

Lots of excuses in that,  but ok. 

My only point in all of this is that about 4 D2 teams COULD(not would) win D1 when they're healthy.  

In D1

Carthage - would be the favorite

Gilmer- would be one of the favorites

PG and Van(when healthy) -would have a chance. 

2 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

My only point in all of this is that about 4 D2 teams COULD(not would) win D1 when they're healthy.  

In D1

Thats fair to say. I agree with you.

7 minutes ago, LetsGoEagles said:

I know, I know, I comment on CHill threads, get over it. I just love talking 9-4A ball. I do want to say something that stood out to me last night. I know we give each other hard time and all, and go back and forth, but I wanted to compliment #2, Deuce McGregor on something I saw last night. Several times last night I watched him go out of his way to go pickup the ball and take it to the ref/official who was busy doing other things, signaling penalties, helping move the chains etc..  Most kids don't do that now days, and it stood out to me as a classy move on his part in a time when a lot of kids just throw the ball down or drop it and act as thought the officials are there to wait on them and they can just do it themselves. Just pointing that out. It was cool to see   

He’s a great kid! Leader of the team!

lead by example and others will follow. 

LOL, all the CHill jock hangers are out now that they have a good team and bright future.... classic! AHAHAHAHAHAHA ...... hey, I'm new here and talkin big crap now that we're good and I can swing on these boys jock and maybe be part of they crew if they end up going pro, what a joke. BWAHAHAHAH  Some of ya'll sure make me laugh. LOVE IT. 

Edited by LetsGoEagles

1 hour ago, trashyhound said:

I agree with all of that, including that CH would be favored to win if they played today.  

But to say that Van "COULDN'T" beat them is not realistic.  They DID beat them. 

Where did I say they couldn't beat them?

1 hour ago, trashyhound said:

In D1

PG and Van has a chance in winning the district championship in 9 4a d1. Neither has a chance at winning state in d1. The other 2 definitely has a shot. Matter of fact Carthage would win both without any hesitation. 

21 minutes ago, VonG said:

PG and Van has a chance in winning the district championship in 9 4a d1. Neither has a chance at winning state in d1. The other 2 definitely has a shot. Matter of fact Carthage would win both without any hesitation. 

I never said state, only this region.  

Dawgs would definitely be the favorites

Congrats to CH 🏆

To me both teams played a little sloppy last night. Fumbles, interceptions, bad kicks, etc. 

I sat on Home side (not from Kilgore). The crowd didn’t seem to be in to the game at all. It would be a big 3rd down on defense and I’d look over, maybe 7 people standing up and a few cowbells. Not what I’m used to. 

3 minutes ago, LetsGoEagles said:

It's pretty crazy how he waits to find a crease and then gone. Several times last night, I thought Kilgore got him and then bam...... he gone 

True story.....I was honestly surprised we were able to move the ball between the tackles last night. Our offensive line did a good job against a very athletic Kilgore defensive front. 

7 minutes ago, CHDog77 said:

True story.....I was honestly surprised we were able to move the ball between the tackles last night. Our offensive line did a good job against a very athletic Kilgore defensive front. 

They did, that 1st series Kilgore was fired up, then CHill o-line got going and were opening up big holes.