***Week 11: Carlisle Indians (9-0 | 4-0) @ Alto Yellowjackets (6-3 | 3-1) - THURSDAY | 7:00 p.m.***

StingEmALTO

Carlisle @ Alto  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/05/2022 at 12:00 AM

RETIREDFAN1
This post was recognized by RETIREDFAN1!

StingEmALTO was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 25 points.

The Alto Yellowjackets will host the Carlisle Indians this THURSDAY night at Cam’ron Matthews Field at Jacket Stadium; kickoff is slated for 7:00 p.m. It is Senior Night and a special one at that. The Jackets and Indians will battle for the district championship! Carlisle is undefeated on the season and because of the Tenaha loss to Cushing, the winner of this game is the district champ. Carlisle looks to keep their season perfect while heading as the one seed to the playoffs. The Jackets are playing for pride, family, community, and their brothers on the field.  

Alto and Carlisle have played a total of 15 times with Alto leading the series 7-6-2. The last game played between the two was in 2020 with a 12-0 Carlisle win. The Jackets’ won the year before 29-7. Covid won in 2021 as the game was cancelled last season. There is no streak because since 2015 the teams have alternated wins every year.

The Mean Sting defeated Cushing in a game that was called at the half because of weather 30-6 Friday while the Indians whipped Overton 70-10 on their Senior Night Thursday.

Results for the 2022 season:

Shelbyville 48 - Alto 44
Alto 48 - West Sabine 22
Alto 22 - San Augustine 8
Garrison 28 - Alto 20
Alto 32 - Groveton 20
Alto 46 - Mount Enterprise 34
Tenaha 43 - Alto 42
Alto 32 - Overton 29
Alto 30 - Cushing 6

Carlisle 31 - Harleton 0
Carlisle 66 - Troup 47
Carlisle 60 - Arp 30
Carlisle 50 - Mildred 30
Carlisle 48 - Lone Oak 32
Carlisle 48 - Tenaha 0
Carlisle 49 - Cushing 20
Carlisle 35 - Mt. Enterprise 14
Carlisle 70 - Overton 10

ALTO-CARLISLE SERIES

All-Time Record for Alto:
     604 wins | 384 losses | 34 ties | 1,022 total games

All-Time Record for Carlisle:
     490 wins | 395 losses | 27 ties | 912 total games

All-Time Series Record:
     Alto - 7 wins | Carlisle - 6 wins | Ties 2

Alto’s longest winning streak vs. Carlisle:
     5 wins in a row (1965-2015)

Carlisle’s longest winning streak vs. Alto:
     No streak

Current streak:  No streak

Personally, I have dreaded this game since the schedule was made because I have a senior. UIL decision or not, it’s the last game for my son (#21) to play at Jacket Stadium. Factor in the rest, and it has been excruciating. I am happy that we get to go out with a chance to compete for a district championship. Gonna be a battle Friday night! Everyone knows we are the underdog. Carlisle has had a phenomenal year and total respect for their team. They are putting up huge numbers. Since 2015 when Cam’ron Matthews passed away during our game, we have shared a bond. I will be the biggest Carlisle fan through the playoffs and wish them all the best. I hope we can muster enough to make this a real game Friday night. We will have to minimize mistakes, score when we have the ball, and try to get a few stops. It will be emotional. I know our boys will lay it all on the line and play with heart; it’s who they are. The season has been dedicated to #9 and to finish with a win would mean everything. Good luck to both teams!

C2F0B17F-5B79-413A-BFC6-410A3820B6C2.jpeg

Edited by StingEmALTO
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

The Alto Yellowjackets will host the Carlisle Indians this Friday night at Cam’ron Matthews Field at Jacket Stadium; kickoff is slated for 7:00 p.m. It is Senior Night and a special one at that. The Jackets and Indians will battle for the district championship! Carlisle is undefeated on the season and because of the Tenaha loss to Cushing, the winner of this game is the district champ. Carlisle looks to keep their season perfect while heading to the playoffs. The Jackets are playing for pride, family, community, and their brothers on the field.  

Alto and Carlisle have played a total of 15 times with Alto leading the series 7-6-2. The last game played between the two was in 2020 with a 12-0 Carlisle win. The Jackets’ won the year before 29-7. Covid won in 2021 as the game was cancelled last season. There is no streak because since 2015 the teams have alternated wins every year.

The Mean Sting defeated Cushing in a game that was called at the half because of weather 30-6 Friday while the Indians whipped Overton 70-10 on their Senior Night Thursday.

Results for the 2022 season:

Shelbyville 48 - Alto 44
Alto 48 - West Sabine 22
Alto 22 - San Augustine 8
Garrison 28 - Alto 20
Alto 32 - Groveton 20
Alto 46 - Mount Enterprise 34
Tenaha 43 - Alto 42
Alto 32 - Overton 29
Alto 30 - Cushing 6

Carlisle 31 - Harleton 0
Carlisle 66 - Troup 47
Carlisle 60 - Arp 30
Carlisle 50 - Mildred 30
Carlisle 48 - Lone Oak 32
Carlisle 48 - Tenaha 0
Carlisle 49 - Cushing 20
Carlisle 35 - Mt. Enterprise 14
Carlisle 70 - Overton 10

ALTO-CARLISLE SERIES

All-Time Record for Alto:
     604 wins | 384 losses | 34 ties | 1,022 total games

All-Time Record for Carlisle:
     490 wins | 395 losses | 27 ties | 912 total games

All-Time Series Record:
     Alto - 7 wins | Carlisle - 6 wins | Ties 2

Alto’s longest winning streak vs. Carlisle:
     5 wins in a row (1965-2015)

Carlisle’s longest winning streak vs. Alto:
     No streak

Current streak:  No streak

Personally, I have dreaded this game since the schedule was made because I have a senior. UIL decision or not, it’s the last game for my son (#21) to play at Jacket Stadium. Factor in the rest, and it has been excruciating. I am happy that we get to go out with a chance to compete for a district championship. Gonna be a battle Friday night! Everyone knows we are the underdog. Carlisle has had a phenomenal year and total respect for their team. They are putting up huge numbers. Since 2015 when Cam’ron Matthews passed away during our game, we have shared a bond. I will be the biggest Carlisle fan through the playoffs and wish them all the best. I hope we can muster enough to make this a real game Friday night. We will have to minimize mistakes, score when we have the ball, and try to get a few stops. It will be emotional. I know our boys will lay it all on the line and play with heart; it’s who they are. The season has been dedicated to #9 and to finish with a win would mean everything. Good luck to both teams!

FC6A8B51-2FAE-45A2-8C98-D702F54771B0.jpeg

That's pretty close 

A lot of respect for Carlisle. Since their district stretches into Cherokee county I consider them county mates as well. LOL. The past few years this has become a great series and with the history between these two teams it makes for an exciting game every year.
I won’t be home this week or I would for sure be there at the game. I would have liked to have made one the past few weeks but I had a pretty rough bout with the rona that has taken me out of commission for a bit. 

Pulling for Alto to take this one but after that I want to see Carlisle playing in Jerry world come December. If y’all make it I will for sure be there. 

Looking  forward to a great game this week and I pray for a clean game with no injuries.

I do feel like this will be Carlisle’s toughest test since playing in pre district. 

With that said Jackets by 1. Lol

Edited by jacketgrad06
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, jacketgrad06 said:

A lot of respect for Carlisle. Since their district stretches into Cherokee county I consider them county mates as well. LOL. The past few years this has become a great series and with the history between these two teams it makes for an exciting game every year.
I won’t be home this week or I would for sure be there at the game. I would have liked to have mad one the past few weeks but I had a pretty rough bout with the rona that has taken me out of commission for a bit. 

Pulling for Alto to take this one but after that I want to see Carlisle playing in Jerry world come December. If y’all make it I will for sure be there. 

Looking  forward to a great game this week and I pray for a clean game with no injuries.

I do feel like this will be Carlisle’s toughest test since playing in pre district. 

With that said Jackets by 1. Lol

Prayers for your Rona.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MobBlackHole said:

Pretty sure Carlisle has already won the district championship. People can tell themselves different but Alto is not part of the district. Congrats to Carlisle on being district champs. This will be a good warmup game before playoffs. Hope y’all can make a deep run

Look at who’s being “classless” now lol

• LOL! 1

51 minutes ago, MobBlackHole said:

No just stating facts. What was said was not true….Thou shalt not lie, right?! I figured you would be a big proponent of that.

You need to look into the "Thou shalt not commit douchebagery" commandment.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

• StingEmALTO changed the title to ***Week 11: Carlisle Indians (9-0 | 4-0) @ Alto Yellowjackets (6-3 | 3-1) - THURSDAY | 7:00 p.m.***