***Week 11: Carlisle Indians (9-0 | 4-0) @ Alto Yellowjackets (6-3 | 3-1) - THURSDAY | 7:00 p.m.***

StingEmALTO

Carlisle @ Alto  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/05/2022 at 12:00 AM

4 minutes ago, LetsGoEagles said:

Serious question: How good is Carlisle this year? Region contender? 

Definitely. I see them challenging Mart. Lovelady will also have something to say about that. Might be their best team in school history. But the Carlisle folks can speak more on that. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StingEmALTO said:

Definitely. I see them challenging Mart. Lovelady will also have something to say about that. Might be their best team in school history. But the Carlisle folks can speak more on that. 

Not taking one single thing from this team. Being the best?  I could argue that with ya.  However, they may be in the best position with the classification drop and all, to make the deepest run. If we stay healthy and play clean mistake free football we might be playing several more games. 😎

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LetsGoEagles said:

Serious question: How good is Carlisle this year? Region contender? 

Honestly...they have the firepower to contend for state title.But yall know that takes a little luck too,a break here or there and so on..staying focused is key rite now and not getting out in left field ✌️

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RipperRipper said:

Not taking one single thing from this team. Being the best?  I could argue that with ya.  However, they may be in the best position with the classification drop and all, to make the deepest run. If we stay healthy and play clean mistake free football we might be playing several more games. 😎

Makes sense!

Area Football: 

Carlisle (9-0, 4-0) at Alto (6-3, 3-1)

Despite having a successful district season, this will be Alto’s last game due to being suspended from the postseason for enrollment issues. The Indians are looking to finish the regular season and enter the playoffs with a perfect record.

Alto enters its final game with 309 completions for 2,567 yards and 24 touchdowns on the ground and have completed 62-of-107 passes for 908 yards and 16 touchdowns. Rashawn Mumphrey leads the rushing attack with 144 carries for 1,459 yards and 15 touchdowns. Jackson Duplichain has 46 carries for 320 yards and seven touchdowns. Keegan Davis has 108 carries for 696 yards and two scores. He also leads the team as the starting quarterback by going 59-of-103 for 899 yards and 16 touchdowns.

Landon Cook leads the Yellowjackets in tackles with 105, 14 of which were made behind the line of scrimmage. He has either caused or recovered six fumbles. Duplichain has made his mark on the defensive side of the ball as well with 76 tackles, eight tackles for a loss and three passes broken up. He has one interception and the team’s only defensive touchdown.

The Indians have thrown for 1,999 yards and rushed for 2,380 yards and 38 touchdowns. Fernando Espinoza is currently 99-of-152 for 1,954 yards, 20 touchdowns and two interceptions. Brody Eaves leads the rushing attack with 99 carries for 1,490 yards and 25 touchdowns. Next in line in that category is Clayton Hart who has 32 carries for 428 yards and five scores. Espinoza has no shortage of weapons at receiver. Hart has caught 28 passes for 492 yards and five touchdowns. David Deleon has 17 receptions for 308 yards and six touchdowns. Trent Eaves has 23 catches for 421 yards and four scores while Brody Eaves has 13 catches for 386 yards and four touchdowns.

Alexis Martinez leads the defense with 71 tackles and five tackles for a loss. Juan Garza has 53 tackles, 11 tackles for a loss and five sacks. Trent Eaves has five interceptions, five passes broken up, on forced fumble and two fumble recoveries. Brody Eaves has three interceptions, five broken up passes and four blocked field goals.

Carlisle will look to enter the postseason with a perfect record as the Yellowjackets hope to be the only team to beat the Indians before the playoffs.

Kickoff is scheduled for 7 p.m. Thursday at Cam’ron Matthews Field in Alto. Senior Night Festivities begin at 6:15 p.m.

https://www.dailysentinel.com/sports/article_2a77a297-c37a-5f57-aa37-a62f9cd2ee88.html#tncms-source=login

12 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

Don’t forget about wortham their fans aren’t even worried about Carlisle 😂 

• LOL! 1
  • Wow 1

I think these Wortham fans should be a little worried. Heck they ain't (sorry for usage) done anything since the days Leonard Davis was on the team. Think that team played at Student Field if mind is still thinking logically. Maybe they got a little something over that way, that I wasn't looking at beginning of the season. Promise you thou, they don't want them Carlisle Indians!!!

55 minutes ago, Cowboys1970 said:

I think these Wortham fans should be a little worried. Heck they ain't (sorry for usage) done anything since the days Leonard Davis was on the team. Think that team played at Student Field if mind is still thinking logically. Maybe they got a little something over that way, that I wasn't looking at beginning of the season. Promise you thou, they don't want them Carlisle Indians!!!

They are thinking they are getting maud and west Sabine again this year