***Week 11: Carlisle Indians (9-0 | 4-0) @ Alto Yellowjackets (6-3 | 3-1) - THURSDAY | 7:00 p.m.***

StingEmALTO

Carlisle @ Alto  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/05/2022 at 12:00 AM

That is a lot of fall out from a hard fought game.  I had heard from a Cushing native the Gresham, who is originally from Cushing had just got released from being injured a couple of weeks ago… came back tonight, and had to go to the hospital with a possible back injury… only hearsay but I hope he’s ok and hope all the others heal ok and get back out there to do their thing.

1 minute ago, RipperRipper said:

I got to thinking Chain, This was good for us tonight. This one is a character builder. If our injuries are manageable this will help us later on I will bet.

No lasting injuries,everybody will play in trinity next week..will be the first time in all the years I've watched Carlisle play where all the starters will go into the playoffs somewhat healthy.

Winthorst was at the game till halftime then left...wonder what they are thinking when they see final scored...lol lol lol 😂 😂 😂 

Just now, upullinmychain said:

No lasting injuries,everybody will play in trinity next week..will be the first time in all the years I've watched Carlisle play where all the starters will go into the playoffs somewhat healthy.

Winthorst was at the game till halftime then left...wonder what they are thinking when they see final scored...lol lol lol 😂😂😂 

This one I’m talking about is an Alto player… I hope all the guys heal up on both sides and the Injuns take care of business one week at a time.👍

1 minute ago, HulaKat said:

This one I’m talking about is an Alto player… I hope all the guys heal up on both sides and the Injuns take care of business one week at a time.👍

Yes sir,they kept the injured low key on their sidelines.we knew they were getting banged up but they usually walked mostly on their own to the sidelines..

2 hours ago, RipperRipper said:

No offense intended, but I've never seen a clock run backwards before

Smh. Why spectrum can’t get that clock fixed is beyond me. It’s one of those things where you take your car into the mechanic and they can’t find anything wrong with it. In my opinion it cost us the game vs. Shelbyville. 😭

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jacketgrad06 said:

I want to say a couple things. This Alto team played all year knowing that this was this would be the end of the season.  For them to perform the way they did and to keep playing hard shows the character of the boys there. I am proud of them for that and for the coaching staff that is in place to keep them motivated to play. 

When I watched them play week one I believed that this Jackets team had a chance to be special. This season is special but for a different reason. I know some games were closer then what they should have been and the loss to Tenaha still has me scratching my head but I believe a lot of those are due to distraction. It is truly a shame for these guys that this is as far as they get to go. 

To the jackets on the field tonight especially the seniors we are very proud of y’all. 

Thank you for these words and sentiment @jacketgrad06.  Means a lot. Couldn’t get through reading it without some waterworks. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RipperRipper said:

Congratulations to Alto! Not quite sure how our wheels fell off, but you guys played a heck of a game. I know we sat some starters the second half, (not sure if it benefited us for playoffs) since both our running backs got hurt in first half, but Alto played with a lot of heart tonight. Glad to see y'all's Seniors go out on a good note.

Man, what a game. The crazy part is we lost basically our entire line in the first half. It was almost literally our backups/JV playing. #51 came back in but he was playing injured. #55 had to go to the hospital. #56 broke his left hand. At one point #54 was the only starting lineman. And a couple kids had to change jerseys to get on the line. #75 (#11) had to learn to play guard at the half. Insane. Such a physical game….on both sides. I’m still trying to process it all. Lol

Edited by StingEmALTO

1 hour ago, upullinmychain said:

Congrats alto on the dub.congrats to the Mean Sting seniors on your final game wearing the alto colors....you did your school and your community proud.enjoy the night with your brothers ✌️

Thanks, Chain. I hope those Indians win 6 more games. I honestly do. And we’ll be following y’all, too.

Appreciate your comments. You always keep it classy and real.

I’m probably gonna have more to say tomorrow after I’ve had some time. It’s been an emotional day, weeks, months.

All the best to Carlisle as you go forward. 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, FearTheSpear78 said:

Well they need to get it fixed for next season.  You should have a clock that works properly. 

Amen. I agree. It’s been so frustrating because it works properly when they test it and try to replicate the glitchiness. The officials have been made aware in case it does it. Most of the time it works just fine. Like I said, frustrating. 

Thanks brother,sorry about the kiddos getting injured,hell we always try to body slam each other every time we square off,it's just the physical way we play each other..But that's just the nature of our battles and well,it's jus us..

Chain, that’s how these Jackets and Indians roll!

I don’t know if you remember or not the JV game played when these seniors were freshmen. One of the best games I ever saw no matter the level. It was a physical smash mouth game and Alto was down 14-0 in the 4th. I’m gonna have to pull that film sometime because we came back and won but I don’t remember the score. Seems like 16-14 or something really close. It was played in Carlisle. 

17 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

Thanks, Chain. I hope those Indians win 6 more games. I honestly do. And we’ll be following y’all, too.

Appreciate your comments. You always keep it classy and real.

I’m probably gonna have more to say tomorrow after I’ve had some time. It’s been an emotional day, weeks, months.

All the best to Carlisle as you go forward. 

That's me ol son,keeping it real 100 percent all the time,always said to win with honor and lose with dignity and grace. Have a good night with ya boy and we'll see how it goes moving forward 

• Like 1

I had to ask to know for sure myself,after that jock loosening head shot he took down by the goal line in second quarter..dog gone good hit tho 🤷‍♂️

I know that kid. #21 vs #21.  Hope that young man is ok. He is a BALLER. My uncle used to call that kind of hit a schlobberknocker!

Edited by StingEmALTO

2 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

That's me ol son,keeping it real 100 percent all the time,always said to win with honor and lose with dignity and grace. Have a good night with ya boy and we'll see how it goes moving forward 

We’re all still up! Lol And he’s like “I don’t wanna go to school tomorrow.” 😂 But he’s going.

And that’s my philosophy too. Although sometimes it takes me a moment to pull it altogether after a loss….like that one to Tenaha! 😝 

Edited by StingEmALTO
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RipperRipper said:

Wow. I think the game took it's roll on both sides. I know the Seniors over there will cherish this one. Not sure what happens to the Injuns, but the wheels fell off and you guys were taking it to us. Thanks for the well wishes in the playoffs. Again, congratulations.

Y’all are gonna be fine in the playoffs. Sometimes a loss like this really ends up being a good thing. Makes you hungrier and kind of serves as a wake up call. They’ll fix what needs fixing and move forward stronger!