***Week 11: Carlisle Indians (9-0 | 4-0) @ Alto Yellowjackets (6-3 | 3-1) - THURSDAY | 7:00 p.m.***

StingEmALTO

Carlisle @ Alto  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/05/2022 at 12:00 AM

1 hour ago, HulaKat said:

That is a lot of fall out from a hard fought game.  I had heard from a Cushing native the Gresham, who is originally from Cushing had just got released from being injured a couple of weeks ago… came back tonight, and had to go to the hospital with a possible back injury… only hearsay but I hope he’s ok and hope all the others heal ok and get back out there to do their thing.

Talked to his mom and he got a good report.  Severe whiplash and maybe a rotator cuff issue. He’ll have to go for a MRI to find out.

My heart hurt for this kid and his parents because he got a concussion and had to come out first half of the Tenaha game. Starting center and d-lineman….and a SENIOR. Warrior kid. Works so hard and really took it easy the last two weeks to be able to come back for this game. Doctor released him and he was good to go. Then the big hit on the punt return at the first of the game and it was just devastating. Thought he had broken a vertebrae in his back. He left by ambulance to get it checked out. I was on the phone with his mom in the last seconds of the game telling her what was going on….

Cool part was that both he and #56 (hand) were both at the same hospital and “celebrated” with the boys afterwards. They were FaceTiming the team and got to do the Senior Walk etc virtually. Both were seniors so definitely not what they had hoped for their last game. But the win helped….!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

No lasting injuries,everybody will play in trinity next week..will be the first time in all the years I've watched Carlisle play where all the starters will go into the playoffs somewhat healthy.

Winthorst was at the game till halftime then left...wonder what they are thinking when they see final scored...lol lol lol 😂😂😂 

Windthorst 

9 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

Y’all are gonna be fine in the playoffs. Sometimes a loss like this really ends up being a good thing. Makes you hungrier and kind of serves as a wake up call. They’ll fix what needs fixing and move forward stronger!

Yeah, we have a good group of Coaches. They will get the best out of the kids. I stand behind em even if I don't agree with a call etc...😂  I have a good friendship with the Bakers. They good people, and Coaches.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

Talked to his mom and he got a good report.  Severe whiplash and maybe a rotator cuff issue. He’ll have to go for a MRI to find out.

My heart hurt for this kid and his parents because he got a concussion and had to come out first half of the Tenaha game. Starting center and d-lineman….and a SENIOR. Warrior kid. Works so hard and really took it easy the last two weeks to be able to come back for this game. Doctor released him and he was good to go. Then the big hit on the punt return at the first of the game and it was just devastating. Thought he had broken a vertebrae in his back. He left by ambulance to get it checked out. I was on the phone with his mom in the last seconds of the game telling her what was going on….

Cool part was that both he and #56 (hand) were both at the same hospital and “celebrated” with the boys afterwards. They were FaceTiming the team and got to do the Senior Walk etc virtually. Both were seniors so definitely not what they had hoped for their last game. But the win helped….!

God bless those youngsters. We pray they heal up just fine. That win can go a long way in healing too. JS 🙏

• Like 1

11 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

Welp. I guess there’s always a chance. 😂 

Congrats to Timpson. Y’all go win state!

Congrats to Alto…… 31-6 and then rested the starters after halftime….. when you have nothing to lose playoff wise…. js 

• LOL! 1

9 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

Pretty sure that’s not the way it shook out but  all good. 

Doesn't matter either way,alto won the game and it was a show worth the price of admission,we got out without any serious Injuries going into the playoffs and stand a really good chance to make a legitimate run.

Alto was as good as advertised and was the kind of game we always want to see minus the alto injuries of course.

Proof of this was that both fan bases and both bands were standing and screaming the entire fourt quart.

Except me I was cussin that possessed game clock...lol 😂 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

Doesn't matter either way,alto won the game and it was a show worth the price of admission,we got out without any serious Injuries going into the playoffs and stand a really good chance to make a legitimate run.

Alto was as good as advertised and was the kind of game we always want to see minus the alto injuries of course.

Proof of this was that both fan bases and both bands were standing and screaming the entire fourt quart.

Except me I was cussin that possessed game clock...lol 😂 

I don’t think ANYONE was sitting towards the end of the 4th quarter! Dang good atmosphere.

• Like 1

Alto knocks Carlisle from undefeated ranks, Jacket defense shines

ALTO - Alto came away with the on-the-field district championship on Thursday night by upending Price-Carlisle 36-31 on Senior Night at Cam'Ron Matthews Field at Yellowjacket Stadium.

The loss was the Indians' first of the season. Carlisle will take a 9-1, 4-1 record into post season play and will be the first place team out of the district - an administrative error that led to Alto submitting an incorrect enrollment number last fall resulted in the UIL making the Yellowjackets ineligible for post season play.

The Mean Sting defense brought its "A" game Thursday night and forced Carlisle to turn the ball over six times (five fumbles lost and an interception).

Zack Battle, Jay Benton, Jackson Duplichain, Clayton Gresham and Elijah Lacy had fumble recoveries for the Mean Sting. Benton added two quarterback sacks and made one interception.

The 'Jacket defense held Carlisle to 15 points less than it had been averaging coming into the fray.

Landon Cook and Duplichain led Alto in tackles with 15 and 14, respectively. Nine of Cooks stops were solo take downs, while Duplichain came up with 10 solo stops.

Derek Mumphrey, Keegan Davis and Battle recorded eight tackles each.

Although know for its rushing attack, Alto went to the air on Thursday when Davis completed 6-of-14 attempts for 212 yards and three touchdowns. He hooked up with Khalil Reagan from 73 yards out, connected with Duplichain for a 70-yard touchdown and made a 42-yard pass for six points to Benton.

The Mean Sting tallied 376 total yards of offense with 212 coming by air and 164 by ground.

Rashawn Mumphrey finished with 104 yards rushing and one touchdown. Davis added 49 yards rushing and ran in for a touchdown and Duplichain netted 11 yards on the ground and scored once.

https://www.jacksonvilleprogress.com/sports/alto-knocks-carlisle-from-undefeated-ranks-jacket-defense-shines/article_399f5ea4-5c6f-11ed-8a72-0b30c24652c1.html

7CF906DD-895F-4A4A-BA6B-8A6B712C46E6.jpeg

Edited by StingEmALTO

On 11/6/2022 at 8:16 PM, RipperRipper said:

How is the Alto young man doing that possibly had a spinal injury? I got an update on the lineman that broke his hand. Just haven't heard about the other. Praying he's ok.

Talked to his mom this morning and they are scheduling a MRI. He’s wearing a sling because his shoulder is giving him problems. They suspect a rotator cuff issue but should know more soon. Appreciate you asking, Ripper!

Y’all ready for Friday? Go get ‘em!

Edited by StingEmALTO

33 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

Talked to his mom this morning and thrower scheduling a MRI. He’s wearing a sling because his shoulder is giving him problems. They suspect a rotator cuff issue but should know more soon. Appreciate you asking, Ripper!

Y’all ready for Friday? Go get ‘em!

Prayers for the youngun. I hope the bumps and bruises heal up for the Indians too. I have an early wake up Saturday morning. I am sure wishing that game wasn't in Trinity Friday.  

4 minutes ago, RipperRipper said:

Prayers for the youngun. I hope the bumps and bruises heal up for the Indians too. I have an early wake up Saturday morning. I am sure wishing that game wasn't in Trinity Friday.  

Thank you! I’ll let you know what the MRI says when I know something. He and his folks appreciate all the prayers.

When I saw Trinity, I thought…..”anyone own a map?” 😂 I think their turf is only a couple years old. We played there a few years back pre-turf in pre-district. I don’t recall them ever hosting a playoff game but someone might correct me on that. The big victory should make the ride home ok. Lol