Jump to content

Week 11: Gladewater at White Oak


Sportsjunkiee
 Share

Week 11: Gladewater at White Oak  

26 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?


This poll is closed to new votes


Recommended Posts

Noah Carter averages 8 yards a carry and Dee Williams averages 6 yards a carry out of the spread. It’s easy to see who the best players on the team are. Grant also avgerages 6 yards a carry but his completions is only 45%. I don’t see why we can’t at least see if Carter can toss the ball better than grant or run a run heavy offense. Also the constant undermatched man coverages our DC calls is crazy. We had #24 against Jefferson’s #5 for a while till he scorched us. It’s like our coaches dont keep up with others team’s athletes. Last week we had #24 against Sabines fortson as well. What do other teams do against our playmakers? They double him. What do we do? Put our weakest players against there’s. It’s madness. Sometimes I feel like a blind man would call better plays. I remember a few years back when we played EF. We had a lil 140 lb DT go against a huge 6 foot 6 guard all night when our other DT was about 200 lb and a strong powerlifter. Play after play the small DT got blown off the ball and nothing was done to at least pull the player or switch them. If u aren’t good at football or are clearly overmatched then don’t worry you’ll still start and play here. Things are so bad that not even the best players get the starting job here. Look at 21 & 23. Time for a change! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just heard 8th and 7th got smoked again. I hear the 9th won. If it wasn’t for the 9th grade I think we’d have been swept nearly every week. Probably by the time the 9th grade gets to varsity some will transfer or quit. 

Edited by Racer55
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Racer55 said:

I understand superintendent Gray will probably hire Adams as the new HC here. Tired of the nepotism and good ole boy culture here! Time to drain the swamp and start fresh! 

I know the supt can recommend who to hire but ultimately the school board makes the hire.  Do you think they will just rubber stamp whatever the supt wants to do or will any of them buck what the supt wants to do.  Adams is the OC, correct? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Sportsjunkiee said:

I know the supt can recommend who to hire but ultimately the school board makes the hire.  Do you think they will just rubber stamp whatever the supt wants to do or will any of them buck what the supt wants to do.  Adams is the OC, correct? 

Yeah he’s the OC and his Dad is there too. I think this school board stamps anything and everything the supt puts in front of them. None of them and I mean none of them are from a good football background and it’s extremely frustrating to see. Also the school board doesn’t even hardly attend the games to see this quagmire in person. They get an update from the supt every so often on all the school programs but this school board is so non transparent we don’t know what’s talked about. They go into closed sessions all the time. They hire each others blood relatives, which I don’t know how they do it. There’s nepotism laws here. Just a lot of questions. I could see the writing on the wall back in 2017 & it’s a shame it’s come to this. 

Edited by Racer55
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Racer55 said:

Yeah he’s the OC and his Dad is there too. I think this school board stamps anything and everything the supt puts in front of them. None of them and I mean none of them are from a good football background and it’s extremely frustrating to see. Also the school board doesn’t even hardly attend the games to see this quagmire in person. They get an update from the supt every so often on all the school programs but this school board is so non transparent we don’t know what’s talked about. They go into closed sessions all the time. They hire each others blood relatives, which I don’t know how they do it. There’s nepotism laws here. Just a lot of questions. I could see the writing on the wall back in 2017 & it’s a shame it’s come to this. 

Whaaaaaa? You mean to tell me none of them's great great great grand pappy's were on any of the leather helmet teams that were plus .500? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Racer55 said:

Yeah he’s the OC and his Dad is there too. I think this school board stamps anything and everything the supt puts in front of them. None of them and I mean none of them are from a good football background and it’s extremely frustrating to see. Also the school board doesn’t even hardly attend the games to see this quagmire in person. They get an update from the supt every so often on all the school programs but this school board is so non transparent we don’t know what’s talked about. They go into closed sessions all the time. They hire each others blood relatives, which I don’t know how they do it. There’s nepotism laws here. Just a lot of questions. I could see the writing on the wall back in 2017 & it’s a shame it’s come to this. 

Preach

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Racer55 said:

Would be awesome to see WO go out with a bang though. Is it too much to hope we change much this week? A triple option offense or some kind of wish bone or flex bone would be nice. 12 Luke baker would make a nice FB, 23, & 21 at RB. We just can’t pass the ball with any consistency at all. For some reason coach brown, iske, or adams runs with 21 more than 23. If we would’ve run more or started every game with 23 he’d probably be over 1000 yards on the year. Why don’t the coaches let 6 throw the ball some? A lot of questions still going into the last game of the season. 

Gotta run the Double Wing Racer! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Sportsjunkiee said:

FgkV4XwWQAIGLOZ?format=jpg&name=900x900

 

Saw this on twitter.....22 senior Roughnecks.  Maxpreps shows 31 on the roster

@Racer55 how's the WO sub-varsity teams looking?  Looks like a lot of them will be moving up next year

Have these guys played the whole time? They shouldn't struggle like that with 23 seniors 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, TIMRIGGINS said:

Have these guys played the whole time? They shouldn't struggle like that with 23 seniors 

Maybe some of them left in the middle of the season to play golf with their dad or to go to Mexico to research shark medicine. 

  • LOL! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, centex1 said:

Maybe some of them left in the middle of the season to play golf with their dad or to go to Mexico to research shark medicine. 

I was going through it!  Think they got a friend that needs that research treatment? I'd do anything to help Street. Including taking his girl off his hands!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, TIMRIGGINS said:

Have these guys played the whole time? They shouldn't struggle like that with 23 seniors 

We have 22 Seniors and we will finish at 1-9.  I’d much rather be in Sabine’s position with a ton of 9th & 10 graders playing varsity and getting better for the future vs going 1-9 with 22 Seniors.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

We have 22 Seniors and we will finish at 1-9.  I’d much rather be in Sabine’s position with a ton of 9th & 10 graders playing varsity and getting better for the future vs going 1-9 with 22 Seniors.

Losing with young guys isn't bad if you are showing improvement. Losing with seniors hurts becasue you have to start over next year with younger guys. I have heard yalls JV is good so hopefully they can get going in a year or two 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...