Timpson @ Garrison Friday 7pm

Bear9T1

Garrison vs Timpson   

45 members have voted

1. 1. Can the bears take the district crown?

This poll is closed to new votes

Timpson has got to figure it out upfront. That’s why these games keep being close when the athletes they have should be absolutely blowing these games open. I’d hate to be right about them struggling due to it. A three way tie for first would be amazing to see considering the way people were handing Timpson the state title.

59 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

It's good to have a game like this right before playoffs.  Just from the some of the Timpson folks, I wasn't expecting it to 

43-38 garrison has ball 42 seconds left

Honestly you can’t expect too much less out of this game. It is a great rivalry. These two always play hard against each other. I expected Timpson to win by a little more but it’s not surprising. Congratulations to the bears on an undefeated regular season. Region 3 has some tough teams top to bottom. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Crawford said:

That was close. Did the Bears sit out some players?

No, starters played all the way ... Garrison fumbled twice in the 2d half ... Timpson scored on big plays .... still scratching my head why we would kick off to Bussey .... we kicked to him twice, he ran one back for a TD, almost ran the second one back ... smh ...  it was a tough physical game .... we were able to run on their defense pretty consistently ... but the big plays killed us .... 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

No, starters played all the way ... Garrison fumbled twice in the 2d half ... Timpson scored on big plays .... still scratching my head why we would kick off to Bussey .... we kicked to him twice, he ran one back for a TD, almost ran the second one back ... smh ...  it was a tough physical game .... we were able to run on their defense pretty consistently ... but the big plays killed us .... 

Y’all played a great game.  We seemed flat and unenthusiastic the entire game.  We couldn’t even convert a first down on the two turnovers.  Hats off to the dawgs they wanted it

Edited by Bear9T1

Just now, Bear9T1 said:

Y’all played a great game.  We seemed flat and unenthusiastic the entire game.  We couldn’t even convert a first down on the two turnovers.  Hats off to the dawgs they wanted 

Classy post giving credit to the other team.  Good to see the respect between these two programs.

• Thanks 1

On 11/1/2022 at 6:58 PM, Hayseed said:

The Battle of the Attoyac has had some fairly unpredictable results sometimes. I think it was around 2010, coach Washington's final season at THS. Timpson (1-7?)went to Garrison who was undefeated 8-0 I think. Lorenzo Young broke a long run for a score and a big kid playing defensive tackle ( coulda been a relative of Bussey's I believe) picks up a Dawgs fumble and races 95 yards to set up another score. State ranked GHS escaped with a narrow win 22-21 despite being highly favored.

Boom. Add tonight on to the Attoyac Battle collection! Awesome game.

• Like 1