Timpson @ Garrison Friday 7pm

Bear9T1

Garrison vs Timpson   

45 members have voted

1. 1. Can the bears take the district crown?

This poll is closed to new votes

Some of y’all might need to count to 10 before you post. 😂 Stop panicking. And stop bashing the coaches. My gosh. Therwhanger has done a heck of a job at Timpson and y’all have beat some major competition this year. Not to mention the two semi-finalist appearances in a row. Calm down; take a deep breath. Y’all are just fine.

Those boys have it going on and you can thank the coaches who have provided excellent leadership in the process of building something really special at Timpson. Total respect for Timpson AND Garrison programs. It was a rivalry game. You knew Garrison was gonna bring it. That’s who they are. Be thankful for another historic 10-0 season and now focus on what’s ahead. Y’all got this. 

Edited by StingEmALTO
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

Some of y’all might need to count to 10 before you post. 😂 Stop panicking. And stop bashing the coaches. My gosh. Therwhanger has done a heck of a job at Timpson and y’all have beat some major competition this year. Not to mention the two semi-finalist appearances in a row. Calm down; take a deep breath. Y’all are just fine.

Those boys have it going on and you can thank the coaches who have provided excellent leadership in the process of building something really special at Timpson. Total respect for Timpson AND Garrison programs. It was a rivalry game. You knew Garrison was gonna bring it. That’s who they are. Be thankful for another historic 10-0 season and now focus on what’s ahead. Y’all got this. 

Lol 😂. Rite...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JMS1971 said:

Timpson better find some coaching! That was horrible tonight. I’m sure I will butt hurt somebody, but that’s too bad. I’ve kept my mouth shut long enough. Nothing against Garrison, they played their rears off, but this game shouldn’t have even been close. Timpson wins in spite of coaching. That will end soon enough. It’s a shame to see that much talent wasted

I didn't see the game and don't really know much about Timpson's coaching staff, so perhaps you're right.  But, this is a typical response from some fans when their top tier team gets pushed or beaten, immediately jump to bashing the coaching. 

A team can have all the talent in the world and remain average without coaching, even at the 2A level.  I'd be inclined to give the Timpson coaches the benefit of the doubt considering Timpson's run over recent years.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Everide2016 said:

I didn't see the game and don't really know much about Timpson's coaching staff, so perhaps you're right.  But, this is a typical response from some fans when their top tier team gets pushed or beaten, immediately jump to bashing the coaching. 

A team can have all the talent in the world and remain average without coaching, even at the 2A level.  I'd be inclined to give the Timpson coaches the benefit of the doubt considering Timpson's run over recent years.

Exactly. All I'm saying is Lovelady doesn't have these type of athlete's and you see what he did there.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lambo said:

Exactly. All I'm saying is Lovelady doesn't have these type of athlete's and you see what he did there.

Yes, I think we're in agreement.  Therwanger has been successful at both, one with athletes and one not so much.  Successful programs don't just happen, He knows how to do his job.

Edited by Everide2016

11 hours ago, JMS1971 said:

Timpson better find some coaching! That was horrible tonight. I’m sure I will butt hurt somebody, but that’s too bad. I’ve kept my mouth shut long enough. Nothing against Garrison, they played their rears off, but this game shouldn’t have even been close. Timpson wins in spite of coaching. That will end soon enough. It’s a shame to see that much talent wasted

We ALL know why you are dragging the coaches..

Edited by bearfan88

8 hours ago, Everide2016 said:

First off not a knee jerk reaction. I’ve been watching this team long before this coach arrived. That’s a fair assessment from someone that hasn’t watched this team closely.

7 hours ago, Lambo said:

Did you see a drop off after he left Lovelady? Last I checked, they were undefeated. Kinda hard to compare many 2A schools with the athletes that are currently in Timpson.

This thread is not going to dissolve into a name calling and coach bashing festival. Personal attacks are not allowed on anyone. If this goes past discussion about coaching decisions, this thread will be locked and someone will probably be on vacation for the first round of the playoffs. You have been warned. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JMS1971 said:

This is the same kind of talk a few fans from Refugio were saying after they lost to a top ten 3A team early this year.  Those individual's have turned out looking rather silly as that program has had a fine season.  Did those folks come back and post that they were wrong?  Heck no.

It's the same thing I've seen in watching various programs with good coaching, but they get pushed or lose a game and then the haters, many with a personal axe to grind, come out of the woodwork.  Then when the team carries on and does just fine, those haters magically disappear, hiding behind a screen name.

I don't know that this is the case here, but it wreaks with the same smell. 

Edited by Everide2016
  • Like 2

It’s sad that these athletes and coaches put in so much time away from their families, went undefeated, won their third district championship in a row, and people are acting like they just lost. Why not celebrate? They did something amazing, and y’all can’t even let these kids be proud of themselves. If they do win state, but it’s only by 1, I don’t think that will be enough for some of you “fans”. Adults are the worst part of high school sports. This team is 10-0. Obviously they’re doing their job.