Should 1st & 2nd host first round of playoffs

Lion1996

4 hours ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

That's why they never get any playing time.....πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

I take it then you would be in favor of a baseball player losing his position on varsity if he went to a sanctioned fishing tournament instead of a baseball tournament on Saturday 😎

1 hour ago, Destry said:

So a kid has more chance of getting money to go to college on playing a sport than in a fishing tournament where different amounts are given out for diff place finishes?

If he is a starter he chose a TEAM sport......that means sacrifices.....

6 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Some facilities are not great in the lower levels. It is better for all to play at a neutral site with a better set up.

You said a mouthful then!!!! Plus at lower level the seating would be harder cus the crowds usually get bigger in my opinion, but I do believe the district champ should choose the neutral site without a coin flip imoΒ 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, TigerBlue09 said:

You said a mouthful then!!!! Plus at lower level the seating would be harder cus the crowds usually get bigger in my opinion, but I do believe the district champ should choose the neutral site without a coin flip imoΒ 

I’ve seen teams bring 50 fans for a 2nd round game. Same team flipped us with lobo stadium as their choice for the site. We played at Elysian Fields and you could literally count their fans.Β 

Did see a flip that happened a couple of years ago in Central Texas.Β  Hico had to travel to Windthorst in 2020 after losing the coin flip. Next year the same two teams had to meet in the 1rst round again .Β  SO Windthorst had to return the favor and travel all the way down to Hico.Β  Β 

Β 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BlahBlah said:

Did see a flip that happened a couple of years ago in Central Texas.Β  Hico had to travel to Windthorst in 2020 after losing the coin flip. Next year the same two teams had to meet in the 1rst round again .Β  SO Windthorst had to return the favor and travel all the way down to Hico.Β  Β 

Β 

That's how it works......

Gotta be carful what you ask when it comes to flipping.Β  Β I think it was 1983, Daingerfield tried negotiating a neutral field. The west Texas team wanted to flip for home field.Β  They flipped and Alexander had them enjoy their ride to Marshal for a decisive thumping of I think 52-0.Β  I just can't remember the team we played.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MuleSlicks said:

Gotta be carful what you ask when it comes to flipping.Β  Β I think it was 1983, Daingerfield tried negotiating a neutral field. The west Texas team wanted to flip for home field.Β  They flipped and Alexander had them enjoy their ride to Marshal for a decisive thumping of I think 52-0.Β  I just can't remember the team we played.

Was it the team "POST" ? We beat them 41-42-0. The Tigers beat Sweeney @ State in Waco

Edited by KrookedWolfe

1 minute ago, MattStepp said:

The UIL has taken superintendent surveys for 4A and below to hostΒ  in Rd 1 for 1 and 2 seeds, but there's not enough support for it.....last time not even 50% of the 4A superintendents supported it

Guess most schools don’t have confidence in their team being able to win district.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

7 hours ago, KrookedWolfe said:

Was it the team "POST" ? We beat them 41-42-0. The Tigers beat Sweeney @ State in Waco

No, I think we played Post in FortWorth.Β  That game was 42-0.

I'm thinking now it as Kaufman wanting to play in Dallas, and Alexander had them come to Marshal, and the score was more like 46-0. Most memorable thing of that game was a 4th and one, deep in their end of the field, and they went for it and lost about 5 yards. They had a bad TobinFrost running back that year. Daingerfield shut him down.

Edited by MuleSlicks
  • Like 1