Basement Dwellers

MoveTheChain

6 minutes ago, MoveTheChain said:

Misery surely loves company, as times have taken a turn for the worse at San Augustine, Groveton and Grapeland.  I cannot remember all three being so down in the same year.  Who else is missing from this group of hard luck or hard times teams? 

My Arp Tigers. They've had a few rough years. I think we only had 3 Sr's. and new coach. Hope they get back on track.

Spud 

32 minutes ago, MoveTheChain said:

Misery surely loves company, as times have taken a turn for the worse at San Augustine, Groveton and Grapeland.  I cannot remember all three being so down in the same year.  Who else is missing from this group of hard luck or hard times teams? 

Thought Grapeland  had that state champion coach who came from somewhere up above Longview. Did they make a change?

7 hours ago, MoveTheChain said:

Pewitt,Henderson,several are down and out this year.wish they weren't tho..

8 hours ago, MoveTheChain said:

Spring Hill going 1-9 this year.  🙃

Looking like Normangee is gonna go 0-10, they've been pretty decent the last few seasons. Tenaha hasnt really looked like Tenaha this season. Kountze coming off a 7-4 run last year is gonna go winless as well. Trinity had a couple playoff runs in 14 and 15 with some good athletes and have been down ever since. Just to name a few

1 hour ago, GATA18 said:

Looking like Normangee is gonna go 0-10, they've been pretty decent the last few seasons. Tenaha hasnt really looked like Tenaha this season. Kountze coming off a 7-4 run last year is gonna go winless as well. Trinity had a couple playoff runs in 14 and 15 with some good athletes and have been down ever since. Just to name a few

Trinity isn’t really down just back to normal. I can’t remember them ever being really good at any team sports 

26 minutes ago, Lion1996 said:

Trinity isn’t really down just back to normal. I can’t remember them ever being really good at any team sports 

I reckon this is true 🤣 They were loaded with athletes in 14 and 15. They beat us in pre district in 15. Of course we got payback on em in the 1st round that year but they had a ton of athletes and huge lineman! I thought they had a pretty respectable basketball program?🤣

What ever happened to Crockett? They were loaded with athletes and had NFL size O lineman when they used to play CC in district! Never had much of a defense and that was usually their downfall but I know they had a few deep playoff runs 14-16. Haven't heard much out of them since. They're sitting at 4-5 right now

9 minutes ago, GATA18 said:

What ever happened to Crockett? They were loaded with athletes and had NFL size O lineman when they used to play CC in district! Never had much of a defense and that was usually their downfall but I know they had a few deep playoff runs 14-16. Haven't heard much out of them since. They're sitting at 4-5 right now

I think the town is drying up man. That hurts them 

13 hours ago, LetsGoEagles said:

Hendo is an absolute dumpster fire of epic proportions 

1 hour ago, Mojo1000 said:

Says a lot about Athens.

Henderson will be improved next year. New coach should make a difference.

Athens does not have the athletes that Hendo has. Henderson can beat Athens despite the coaching staff starting them in a 14 point hole.

1 hour ago, TIMRIGGINS said:

I think the town is drying up man. That hurts them 

Doesn't make much sense man they used to be in 3a-2 playing with schools like CC and Garrison that's now 2a-1 and they've been up at 3a-1 since 18 now! Idk how Crockett never won a state title with the teams they had in 3a-2. It was a track meet every week with those guys! But i reckon your right man

2 minutes ago, GATA18 said:

Doesn't make much sense man they used to be in 3a-2 playing with schools like CC and Garrison that's now 2a-1 and they've been up at 3a-1 since 18 now! Idk how Crockett never won a state title with the teams they had in 3a-2. It was a track meet every week with those guys! But i reckon your right man

Turn over coaches pretty regular. This year had quite a few kids quit the team. Not exactly sure of what all went on. The population in town is plummeting and in the younger sectors especially. Big part of the area are retired with grown kids. 

9 minutes ago, jacketgrad06 said:

Turn over coaches pretty regular. This year had quite a few kids quit the team. Not exactly sure of what all went on. The population in town is plummeting and in the younger sectors especially. Big part of the area are retired with grown kids. 

I hear ya man. In the years CC played em in district you couldve lined them up against any 5 or possibly 6a team in the state and you couldnt tell em apart size wise. Their line averaged around 300. Huge QB and receivers too! From what yall saying a possible drop back to 3a-2 for them in 24?

31 minutes ago, jacketgrad06 said:

Drying up for sure. Thompson would have taken them I truly believe but I think that’s the year Arp and the Overshown kid walked it off on like. 45-50 something yard field goal! 

CRAZY game!!!

1 hour ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

Henderson will be improved next year. New coach should make a difference.

Athens does not have the athletes that Hendo has. Henderson can beat Athens despite the coaching staff starting them in a 14 point hole.

Are they sure a coaching change is happening? Sounds like they made the wrong hire or let the other guy get away.

44 minutes ago, BEASTeastTX said:

Drying up for sure. Thompson would have taken them I truly believe but I think that’s the year Arp and the Overshown kid walked it off on like. 45-50 something yard field goal! 

CRAZY game!!!

That was my middle brother’s senior year. It was a great game.  I hated the way Crockett lost but that is the way the ball bounces sometimes. Arp was an excellent team that year and it showed on that field that night.

That group of seniors had been winning ever since peewee.  There was three or four of them that went on to play at the next level at some sort of capacity.  There is one of the lineman that was on that team that is playing arena ball still today.