Melissa Cardinals @ Lovejoy Leopards

CrankyOldMan

Melissa @ Lovejoy   

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

If Melissa’s defense can step up they have a shot. They have to do a better job of covering the deep pass and honestly Nigel Smith has to turn it up full throttle on the dline this week and cause havoc. I believe both offenses are gonna score numerous times but it depends on the defenses. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigorange said:

If Melissa’s defense can step up they have a shot. They have to do a better job of covering the deep pass and honestly Nigel Smith has to turn it up full throttle on the dline this week and cause havoc. I believe both offenses are gonna score numerous times but it depends on the defenses. 

I agree that Melissa’s D has step up to give them a chance and some of their dudes disappear at times.  LJ’s receivers (all power 5, D-1 recruits)  have an enormous advantage over the Melissa secondary.  Melissa is trying another kid, #7, at safety to give them a little size.  If #2 from Melissa can get home on a consistent basis it will help tremendously but I suspect they double him most of the night if he is getting pressure.  

Edited by CrankyOldMan

Melissa was definitely the better team.    Very sloppy game by both teams and the refs.  Melissa D was pretty strong with a unconventional 3 safety/umbrella look which LJ never solved.  LJ has a QB issue that was exposed.  Melissa offense was good enough even after all the turnovers.  LJ just let #9 of Melissa run free all night and never changed their D on him it appeared and it cost them.  #9 for Melissa was best player on the field and it wasn’t even close.  Without him they lose by 2 TD’s.  Kid is a beast.  LJ was out-coached and outplayed and the right team won.   

• Roll Eyes 1