Games moving to Thursday 11-3-22

ttowngrad

1 hour ago, Mr. P said:

Y'all too sawfffft. We gotta lose all these helmets, pads, and landscaping. Back in my day we played "Kill the man with the ball." We didn't have any of this protective equipment, or clear grass fields. We played in vacant lots or cow pastures. You'd either get staph infection from the rebar and broken glass, or you'd be urinating down your leg to take care of the bull-nettle you'd run through every ten yards. We didn't need any refereeeeees or scoreboards or any sense of restraint. Flobble-de-flee! We'd knock the holy #### out each other, get broken bones and concussions that led to brain damage, then years later we'd act like morons on message boards! That's the way it was and WE LIKED IT! 

🤣 Mann I hear ya. Personally, I think the older generations complain more than anybody. It’s always a “back in my day” or “we used to do it like this” or some BS. I get it. You had to carry the bus to school not the other way around 🙄.

Personally, I’m glad this is happening. Back in 2015 Lufkin folks got stranded, parents, fans, and the busses full of players, cheerleaders, band, etc. over trying to drive to Ennis on a Friday night to play in what was dang near a hurricane. All to end up flipping a dang coin to see who wins a DISTRICT GAME. That’s absurd. But hey, that’s the older generation of geniuses for ya. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mr. P said:

Y'all too sawfffft. We gotta lose all these helmets, pads, and landscaping. Back in my day we played "Kill the man with the ball." We didn't have any of this protective equipment, or clear grass fields. We played in vacant lots or cow pastures. You'd either get staph infection from the rebar and broken glass, or you'd be urinating down your leg to take care of the bull-nettle you'd run through every ten yards. We didn't need any refereeeeees or scoreboards or any sense of restraint. Flobble-de-flee! We'd knock the holy #### out each other, get broken bones and concussions that led to brain damage, then years later we'd act like morons on message boards! That's the way it was and WE LIKED IT! 

I’ve two G’sons playing Rugby.  It makes football seem powder-puff.  Scares me to death.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Ya know, it is what it is. If 2 coaches are cool with moving it, who cares? It’s dumb for us to argue about. No point in it. We all love this sport and we all care about our kids and their safety. It’s whatever. Keep everyone safe. I love rain games and always enjoyed playing in the rain. Don’t want anyone to get hurt in lightning. Not worth it. 

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, LufkinPack said:

🤣 Mann I hear ya. Personally, I think the older generations complain more than anybody. It’s always a “back in my day” or “we used to do it like this” or some BS. I get it. You had to carry the bus to school not the other way around 🙄.

Personally, I’m glad this is happening. Back in 2015 Lufkin folks got stranded, parents, fans, and the busses full of players, cheerleaders, band, etc. over trying to drive to Ennis on a Friday night to play in what was dang near a hurricane. All to end up flipping a dang coin to see who wins a DISTRICT GAME. That’s absurd. But hey, that’s the older generation of geniuses for ya. 

Cry me a river ... 😢l

From Colmesneil Athletics Facebook Page:

Due to incoming weather on Friday, we have two schedule changes. The Junior High Football game will now be played on Wednesday @ 5pm. The Varsity game will now be played on Thursday @ 7:30pm. The sites of the games are unchanged. Junior High will be at Sabine Pass and High School will be in Colmesneil. 
#TEAMoverME

5 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

A lot of these games were scheduled for Friday with a 50%, or less chance of rain/storms .... what if thunderstorms pop up Thursday night?  .... what if the rain chances deminish? ...  what if the weatherman was wrong? .... what are the chances your worse case scenerio happens? .... how many games actually get cancelled due to thunderstorms? .... the weather for the Garrison area shows 48% chance of rain/storms after 10pm Friday night  .... I think  it’s overreacting to reschedule the game to Thursday .... the chances the "storm" would come early and the game have to be cancelled are minimal ....

Stay home and quit whining 

• LOL! 1

9 hours ago, SilkyJohnson said:

So coaches shouldn't try and put their programs in the best possible chance to be successful, both in current and future weeks, because old men on smoaky think that it makes them look soft, entitled, and weak? 

It is easy for us all to say what should and shouldn't happen from behind a keyboard. But the outcomes of the games do not effect us. They do affect them. They are the ones who have to answer questions about wins, losses, personnel, etc. They are the ones whose job security is determined by on the field success. They want their programs to have success. They aren't moving games because of the kids. THEY ARE MOVING GAMES FOR YOUR KIDS (grandkids, etc). They want them to be as successful as possible. 

Also it is kind of weird that you want them to run around in dresses. 

👆🏻👆🏻👆🏻

7 hours ago, SilkyJohnson said:

Imagine thinking the kids and adults supporting a tough game could be EVEN TOUGHER by playing in the rain!

I SAY FOOTBALL SHOULD EXCLUSIVELY BE PLAYED IN THUNDERSTORMS AND RAIN! There, now I am the toughest guy! 

👆🏼This guy!!….. lol…. Right on!

6 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

A lot of these games were scheduled for Friday with a 50%, or less chance of rain/storms .... what if thunderstorms pop up Thursday night?  .... what if the rain chances deminish? ...  what if the weatherman was wrong? .... what are the chances your worse case scenerio happens? .... how many games actually get cancelled due to thunderstorms? .... the weather for the Garrison area shows 48% chance of rain/storms after 10pm Friday night  .... I think  it’s overreacting to reschedule the game to Thursday .... the chances the "storm" would come early and the game have to be cancelled are minimal ....

I think you’re just upset that you thought the rain was gonna slow down those Bears and give those Dawgs a chance …. js 

• LOL! 1