Playoff scenarios…

Eagleborn

2 hours ago, NETsnLive said:

I think district 9 wins 3 out of 4. Palestine is an interesting team & could upset Lumberton if the game stays close.

That's a tall order, but it could happen. Lumberton is good this year. I think they're deserving of that ranking, but anybody is beatable in this crazy year. Alvarado proved that Friday. 

• Like 1

On 11/1/2022 at 7:03 PM, Tiger03lb said:

For some reason I was thinking that Fairfield had beat Mexia. Thanks, and yes a lot of moving parts. Lol. 

Still think you guys can beat Fairfield. Good luck. You guys still playing on Friday? 

Tiger, you were right. If Teague wins they are second. That would leave FF, Groesbeck ( provided they lose to Malakoff) and Mexia all tied at 3-3. In the point system : FF would be 3rd and Mexia 4th.

FF and Teague have 2nd and 3rd spots locked up. Whew 

Look at this crazy scenario in 8-5A Div II.

The 4 teams that will be in the play-offs has been decided: Texas High, Whitehouse, Hallsville and Marshall.

The current standings look like this.

Texas High             4-1

Whitehouse            4-1

Hallsville                 3-2

Marshall                  3-2

This week's schedule has  Texas High vs. Pine Tree,  Whitehouse vs. Marshall  and Hallsville vs. Mt. Pleasant.

If Hallsville, Marshall and Pine Tree all win then the top 4 all finish at 4-2!!!  I guess seeding will be determined by some kind of point spread?!?

Now, Hallsville and Marshall both could and should win but PT bearing Texas High is very unlikely. But if they do, wow!! Quadruple District Champs!!

Guest Tiger03lb
38 minutes ago, player73 said:

Tiger, you were right. If Teague wins they are second. That would leave FF, Groesbeck ( provided they lose to Malakoff) and Mexia all tied at 3-3. In the point system : FF would be 3rd and Mexia 4th.

FF and Teague have 2nd and 3rd spots locked up. Whew 

Glad to see y'all coming back up

1 hour ago, hoopscoach17 said:

Look at this crazy scenario in 8-5A Div II.

The 4 teams that will be in the play-offs has been decided: Texas High, Whitehouse, Hallsville and Marshall.

The current standings look like this.

Texas High             4-1

Whitehouse            4-1

Hallsville                 3-2

Marshall                  3-2

This week's schedule has  Texas High vs. Pine Tree,  Whitehouse vs. Marshall  and Hallsville vs. Mt. Pleasant.

If Hallsville, Marshall and Pine Tree all win then the top 4 all finish at 4-2!!!  I guess seeding will be determined by some kind of point spread?!?

Now, Hallsville and Marshall both could and should win but PT bearing Texas High is very unlikely. But if they do, wow!! Quadruple District Champs!!

Or if Whitehouse wins they’re district champs!

• Like 1