Over half of Americans believe that both Democrats and Republicans do such a poor job that a third major party is needed

Monte1076

1 hour ago, BarryLaverty said:

I saw the daily slamming of him out there by 'conservatives' once the public turned on him for his decisions to do with Iraq and the economy. His final approval rating before leaving office was 22%. I didn't vote for the man, either time, obviously, but I think he was a good man poorly guided throughout his time in the White House, and he was woefully in over his head. 

I will despise the Three Stooges (Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld) until the day I die over their leading us into the unjust Iraq war.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

I'm seeing you getting about 23% of it right......

23%? Well...thats more credit than I expected to get from you lol. Im trying hard to educate you and Dave and Monte and DZ and Kirt...but it is a long hard fight with a short stick.

7 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

23%? Well...thats more credit than I expected to get from you lol. Im trying hard to educate you and Dave and Monte and DZ and Kirt...but it is a long hard fight with a short stick.

May as well give up on that...it's a fight you'll never win........Dave will overanalyze you til your point is lost in the analysis....you don't have a chance there......Monte is a moderate who believes there can be peace with libnuts if we just compromise a little......you may have a shot with him......DZ is a little conservative but still to the moderate compromiser side on some things......no chance with him.....kirt is a brainwashed Rothschild warmongering puppet.....you have no shot with him.....and I'm the most stubborn person you'll ever meet.....I don't compromise and don't really care to hear any side that's opposite mine because it's more than likely wrong so why bother listening.....you can give up trying with me.......😂🤣

• LOL! 1

3 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

May as well give up on that...it's a fight you'll never win........Dave will overanalyze you til your point is lost in the analysis....you don't have a chance there......Monte is a moderate who believes there can be peace with libnuts if we just compromise a little......you may have a shot with him......DZ is a little conservative but still to the moderate compromiser side on some things......no chance with him.....kirt is a brainwashed Rothschild warmongering puppet.....you have no shot with him.....and I'm the most stubborn person you'll ever meet.....I don't compromise and don't really care to hear any side that's opposite mine because it's more than likely wrong so why bother listening.....you can give up trying with me.......😂🤣

That is an excellent job of analyzing the SDC political section regulars 😂😂😂

On 11/3/2022 at 5:38 PM, DannyZuco said:

The problem with 3rd parties.....they get rolled over by our 2 party system.

They don't start at the bottom and work to take control of the legislative bodies first.

They only want to be president--which they cannot win, until the entire party has  proven that they can govern.

That's because their sole reason for existing is to help out one of the other 2 parties.

On 11/4/2022 at 8:43 AM, Monte1076 said:

I'll tell you why I think this is. It's multi-faceted.

First, a lot of people think that "3rd party" candidates are sometimes (oftentimes??) a little nutty. Especially members of the Libertarian party. Secondly, I think people are afraid to vote 3rd party, because if too many of them do, that means that the person in the party that they really don't like might win an election.

Let's give an example. Let's use the Texas gubernatorial race. If the candidates were Greg Abbott, Beto O'Rourke, and Joe Blow (as a 3rd party candidate), if you didn't want Beto to win, but felt he might if too many votes were split between Greg Abbott and Joe Blow, who do you vote for?

Third, you have these 3rd parties emerge that try to appeal to everyone, and I think the people who would actually vote for those candidates is a small percentage of people in general, because it's very, very likely that they will have positions that people will like and that people will not like, so in that case, what do you do?

Thats Kirtfalcon's logic not mine.  I vote for the most conservative candidate.  

• Like 1

Too many people fail to realize you have to be able to first of all get elected ... if a candidate doesn't have enough support for that, it's just a wasted vote and probably helps the liberal candidate ... even if a third party candidate could win, he/she would be a minority and couldn’t govern because they would have to deal with the agendas of the other two parties .... that's why I say it's not enough to get elected, you must have a governing majority to get anything accomplished ... that's why, like the great William F. Buckley said, I vote for the most conservative candidate that can get elected ....