Tyler high vs Forney

cujoforlife

14 hours ago, 3rdcoastent said:

Wow this season was just bad from the first game got to do better next year 

It’s not going to be better. You have had all season and your lineman still can’t block your QB is over throwing the ball and you can’t run the ball and your defense can’t stop the run. Do I need to go on?

Edited by cujoforlife
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, cujoforlife said:

It’s not going to be better. You have had all season and your lineman still can’t block your QB is over throwing the ball and you can run the ball and your defense can’t stop the run. Do I need to go on?

Yea it’s not looking good It look like this team no even out there trying to win at times 

18 hours ago, cujoforlife said:

We need to find a way to get the largest part of the student population to come out for football.

I agree but thats not really the problem. The football numbers were decent this yr. They had 2 freshman teams for the first time in several yrs and good numbers on jv and varsity. 

Extremely disappointing season.

Edited by JTFAN99

Tyler just isn’t any good, neither school. Private schools, families moving to Lindale, Whitehouse, Chapel Hill, Bullard so they can get out of TISD.  Just don’t think the two schools will ever match the talent of big 5 and 6a’s in the metroplex.

I'm really shocked how this season went for Tyler.

I didn't think they were going to be as good as some were hyping them to be on here....but I thought they were a solid 3/4 team.

I thought the talk of hanging with Longview and Lancaster was a bit wild given last season....but I thought competing with Lufkin and McNorth for a playoff was more than reasonable.

Tyler has athletes all over the field..... but they are just a mess offensively.  No identity at all.

That's the downside of having an alum leading the show..... it may entrench him there longer than need be...... but it may also give him a chance to right the ship.  Depends on what direction you think the program is headed.

Best of luck....and we'll see ya'll at the Rose next August!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ace1122 said:

Tyler just isn’t any good, neither school. Private schools, families moving to Lindale, Whitehouse, Chapel Hill, Bullard so they can get out of TISD.  Just don’t think the two schools will ever match the talent of big 5 and 6a’s in the metroplex.

JT ain't losing kids to Lindale, Whitehouse, Bullard or Chapel Hill. If anything, JT is losing kids to the Metroplex

Lee is probably losing students to those schools, but Lee should be able to be decent because Tyler has had alot of growth in their zone. 

Regardless, talent isn't the issue at JT. They had a roster this yr, with at least 5 kids with div.1 offers.  They went 6-4 last yr and returned 97 percent of the starters this yr.  We know what the problem is. Hopefully it gets resolved. 

6 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

I'm really shocked how this season went for Tyler.

I didn't think they were going to be as good as some were hyping them to be on here....but I thought they were a solid 3/4 team.

I thought the talk of hanging with Longview and Lancaster was a bit wild given last season....but I thought competing with Lufkin and McNorth for a playoff was more than reasonable.

Tyler has athletes all over the field..... but they are just a mess offensively.  No identity at all.

That's the downside of having an alum leading the show..... it may entrench him there longer than need be...... but it may also give him a chance to right the ship.  Depends on what direction you think the program is headed.

Best of luck....and we'll see ya'll at the Rose next August!

They are a mess on the def side too.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ace1122 said:

So families are not moving to Tyler. Matter of fact more people are coming back to Tisd. 

• Like 1