BI-DISTRICT: Winnsboro vs. Atlanta 11/11

chevyman

Winnsboro vs. Atlanta   

60 members have voted

1. 1. Bi-District

This poll is closed to new votes

10 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

I feel y'all are more made for a team like Winny..... Both sides of the ball last night kinda surprised me. While the 472 yards of offense we put up I was more impressed with the 273 yards we gave up.... With about 180 of them being on back to back pass plays... he fast lol

Y’all had a solid game plan. Y’all’s defensive line was working our Oline out all day. No room to run. I have y’all winning 1st round and hopefully we can squeak by. I will say no team has broken as many tackles as Tatum did against ATL all year. That says a lot about y’all’s kids and the effort they put in.

Finney teams are always tough and his son is a good athlete. Beside watson and bowman, he is probably the most compete dual threat QB we have faced. (Watson is a dog may I add). We will have to forget about last night and focus on next week. Our defense is made for spread teams but winny is a disciplined team that will not make many mistakes. We will have to bring it if we are going to beat them.

Edited by frozeng03

2 hours ago, chevyman said:

Yes sir. He was incredible. I just remember you guys had hardly given up any points all season, something like 50 or less and we won 42-14. 

2 hours ago, chevyman said:

@frozeng03 @H3llR4z0r @Jasonwaldon you guys remember when we played yall in 2001 up at Texas High? That game is still talked about around here to this day.

That’s been a minute ago. My favorite stadium!!

6 minutes ago, Jasonwaldon said:

I don’t think Birmingham played that game either. He broke his hand the week before. If I remember right. 

I know he was playing in 99 when we played you guys over in Mt Pleasant. Not sure he was still there in 01. He was incredible

5 minutes ago, chevyman said:

I know he was playing in 99 when we played you guys over in Mt Pleasant. Not sure he was still there in 01. He was incredible

they lost to commerce in 2000 at thigh. Couldn’t stop the fb dive. That guy played rb mlb and was the kicker lol. Birmingham had only 16 carries for 180 yards. Should have had 25-30 carries. 

Edited by Jasonwaldon

30 minutes ago, frozeng03 said:

Finney teams are always tough and his son is a good athlete. Beside watson and bowman, he is the probably the most compete dual threat QB we have faced. (Watson is a dog may I add). We will have to forget about last night and focus on next week. Our defense is made for the spear team but winny is a disciplined team that will not make many mistakes. We will have to bring it if we are going to beat them.

Ive been so impressed in the film that I’ve seen of you guys. 4,9,20 are dudes. I do know we will probably not kick it deep either. Ultimately its all going to hinge on our ability to keep the ball in front of us

19 minutes ago, chevyman said:

Ive been so impressed in the film that I’ve seen of you guys. 4,9,20 are dudes. I do know we will probably not kick it deep either. Ultimately its all going to hinge on our ability to keep the ball in front of us

Pretty big turn around from a year ago. 

1 minute ago, H3llR4z0r said:

180 lol. To think, they said there was a talent slump. Slump there may have been, but there wasn't a 0-10 slump. 

There were personnel issues last year. Wrong QB was tossing it. And it killed any possible chance of production. 

I love all this Winnsboro by 2,3,4 touchdowns. Nobody really wants to speak the truth though. Winnsboro is ultimately the 3rd place team in that district. If mt Vernon qb doesn’t go out and  mop everyone else in that district. Not saying Winnsboro won’t win, but gonna be a lot better game than what people are expecting.  Tatum will be playing Malakoff in the 3rd round in our block, if Tatum shows up to play. 

1 minute ago, Jasonwaldon said:

I love all this Winnsboro by 2,3,4 touchdowns. Nobody really wants to speak the truth though. Winnsboro is ultimately the 3rd place team in that district. If mt Vernon qb doesn’t go out and  mop everyone else in that district. Not saying Winnsboro won’t win, but gonna be a lot better game than what people are expecting.  Tatum will be playing Malakoff in the 3rd round in our block, if Tatum shows up to play. 

Whoa buddy, as the resident rational Winny fan i will not make those kinds of predictions. We all know MVs situation but at the end of the day it is what it is. We are 1 point away from being 10-0 and getting ready for GW but again, it is what it is. We are getting ready for a very, very good Rabbs team that it will take our best to beat and anyone saying otherwise is just not being truthful.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jasonwaldon said:

they lost to commerce in 2000 at thigh. Couldn’t stop the fb dive. That guy played rb mlb and was the kicker lol. Birmingham had only 16 carries for 180 yards. Should have had 25-30 carries. 

He was a beast! I was at that game

52 minutes ago, Jasonwaldon said:

Winnsboro is ultimately the first place team if they didn’t make mistakes against Pottsboro. They had an 18 point lead at half and we’re supposed to get the ball back, but too many mistakes killed them. 

Even if MV had their QB it would have been a dog fight. They are not the same team even with their QB. That is completely besides the point.

Winny has 4 receivers that are 6’2 + and they all have 500-1100 yards. A quarterback that is top 3 in Texas for passing yards. 3200 passing and 800 rushing. Not to mention the running backs with an additional 200-400 yards each. 

Im not a defensive guy so don’t know their stats, but they are far from being horrible. Lots of interceptions/fumbles. 

Atlanta is extremely talented, but they are young and trying to get the program nailed down. I expect them to give Winny a run for their money, but they will make more crucial mistakes before that clock runs out and Winny takes the win. 

Guest Tiger03lb
1 hour ago, Jasonwaldon said:

You crazy man. West is gonna be a tough out. Go ahead and sleep on West. Whomever will find out. West Dline is the best in region 2. 

12 hours ago, chevyman said:

Whoa buddy, as the resident rational Winny fan i will not make those kinds of predictions. We all know MVs situation but at the end of the day it is what it is. We are 1 point away from being 10-0 and getting ready for GW but again, it is what it is. We are getting ready for a very, very good Rabbs team that it will take our best to beat and anyone saying otherwise is just not being truthful.

Y’all did just squeak by mineola also.  So you’re real close to being 8-2.  And about 5 plays from being 8-3.  This district has been weird how all the games have played out.  Mineola has played wb/mv close but almost lost to commerce.  Wb blew commerce out, played close to pboro and well, got the win against mv.  Pboro struggled early against merce and handled mv at most aspects of the game.  Mv had issues with merce, through mistakes they still won by 20.  Either district 5 is stout across the top 5 or is an unpredictable roller coaster of teams determined by how they match up.