BI-DISTRICT: Winnsboro vs. Atlanta 11/11

chevyman

Winnsboro vs. Atlanta   

60 members have voted

1. 1. Bi-District

This poll is closed to new votes

5 hours ago, mvtiger99 said:

Y’all did just squeak by mineola also.  So you’re real close to being 8-2.  And about 5 plays from being 8-3.  This district has been weird how all the games have played out.  Mineola has played wb/mv close but almost lost to commerce.  Wb blew commerce out, played close to pboro and well, got the win against mv.  Pboro struggled early against merce and handled mv at most aspects of the game.  Mv had issues with merce, through mistakes they still won by 20.  Either district 5 is stout across the top 5 or is an unpredictable roller coaster of teams determined by how they match up. 

Same could be said for D6. We beat GW by 6. Atlanta rolls GW 42-21. We roll Atlanta 63-27. Jeffy beats Atlanta by 8. Jeffy beats us by 2 in OT. Jeffy has to come back from down 21 to beat GW by 7. It's all about match ups. Everybody thinks D5 is way better than D6....but we got some interesting match ups round 1 for sure. 

The 1s vs 4s are pretty clear cut but the 2s vs 3s are gonna get interesting. 

• Like 5

This will be a fun game to watch! Winnsboro has some really good wr and qb puts it on the money. They will be up against the fastest secondary in 3a. If we play with some intensity I can see us causing some havoc. If our Oline can hold up I like our chances. If they block like they did against Tatum we will be in a bind. Just love seeing the turn around we have had this year. Now we have something to build on.

On 11/6/2022 at 8:47 AM, TheHaireBeatTheTortoise said:

This will be a fun game to watch! Winnsboro has some really good wr and qb puts it on the money. They will be up against the fastest secondary in 3a. If we play with some intensity I can see us causing some havoc. If our Oline can hold up I like our chances. If they block like they did against Tatum we will be in a bind. Just love seeing the turn around we have had this year. Now we have something to build on.

ATL “fastest secondary in 3A” doesn’t mean much if their eyes are bad.  I’m not sure ATL can stop Winnsboro consistently on the ground or through the air.  ATL’s best defense will be long sustained drives on offense, but that’s not their identity.  ATL will score on some quick hitting big plays.  Winnsboro has given those up all year, no reason to think it will be different Fri.  But ATL’s defense is going to be on the field a ton and they are going to get gassed at the end of Q3, and Winnsboro will pull away in Q4.

38 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

ATL “fastest secondary in 3A” doesn’t mean much if their eyes are bad.  I’m not sure ATL can stop Winnsboro consistently on the ground or through the air.  ATL’s best defense will be long sustained drives on offense, but that’s not their identity.  ATL will score on some quick hitting big plays.  Winnsboro has given those up all year, no reason to think it will be different Fri.  But ATL’s defense is going to be on the field a ton and they are going to get gassed at the end of Q3, and Winnsboro will pull away in Q4.

I think that will be the question, can ATL sustain drives and score points or will their big plays be enough? Ultimately it appeared that in the Tatum game, there were multiple big plays early with two bombs for tds, a kickoff return for td, and a bomb that set up a short td run. Other than that, it was alot of short lived possessions. Can the Raiders weather the big plays and/or limit them and also capitalize on the opportunities that they have. As always turnovers and special teams will be a big point of emphasis in determining the outcome of this game.

2 minutes ago, chevyman said:

I think that will be the question, can ATL sustain drives and score points or will their big plays be enough? Ultimately it appeared that in the Tatum game, there were multiple big plays early with two bombs for tds, a kickoff return for td, and a bomb that set up a short td run. Other than that, it was alot of short lived possessions. Can the Raiders weather the big plays and/or limit them and also capitalize on the opportunities that they have. As always turnovers and special teams will be a big point of emphasis in determining the outcome of this game.

ATL defense was on the field 3/4 of the game.  Tatum run game took over in Q3 and Q4 and ATL could not stop them.  I see this game going in that direction with Winnsboro pulling away in Q4.  It won’t be another 63-27 type game unless ATL has lots of mistakes.

1 hour ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Spot on. Atlanta will score on multiple “big” plays, but I don’t think they have the consistency to do it all night long. 

We have seen the versatility with Winnsboro. They can score in 3 plays or 30 plays depending on what they want to do with the clock. 

I think the game will be close at halftime, but Atlanta will be gassed by 3rd quarter and Winny pulls away.

32 minutes ago, Witb107 said:

Spot on. Atlanta will score on multiple “big” plays, but I don’t think they have the consistency to do it all night long. 

We have seen the versatility with Winnsboro. They can score in 3 plays or 30 plays depending on what they want to do with the clock. 

I think the game will be close at halftime, but Atlanta will be gassed by 3rd quarter and Winny pulls away.

So does that mean if they are not gassed Winny will get there tails handed to them.

On 11/4/2022 at 4:54 PM, Jasonwaldon said:

they lost to commerce in 2000 at thigh. Couldn’t stop the fb dive. That guy played rb mlb and was the kicker lol. Birmingham had only 16 carries for 180 yards. Should have had 25-30 carries. 

I was at that game (Commerce/ Atlanta) at Texas High. That big ole kid from Commerce was unstoppable 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Our CB are pretty solid about being in a good spot. We have a former Atlanta CB that went to college to play. He helped our DB play a lot! Your right though if our offense isn’t producing our defense will be gassed. I think a lot of ppl are basing this game off of the Tatum game. We can definitely play better then what we did that game.

5 minutes ago, TheHaireBeatTheTortoise said:

Our CB are pretty solid about being in a good spot. We have a former Atlanta CB that went to college to play. He helped our DB play a lot! Your right though if our offense isn’t producing our defense will be gassed. I think a lot of ppl are basing this game off of the Tatum game. We can definitely play better then what we did that game.

Well and thats the key, can Winny do things that will lead Atlanta to play below their ability? That remains to be seen. Id say the tone should/could be set very early in the game. If the Rabbits get off to a good start and have big plays and get that momentum, can the Raiders absorb it and fight through it? If the Raiders get off to a good start and get a lead, etc. will the Rabbs self destruct or fight through it? All interesting questions

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, chevyman said:

Well and thats the key, can Winny do things that will lead Atlanta to play below their ability? That remains to be seen. Id say the tone should/could be set very early in the game. If the Rabbits get off to a good start and have big plays and get that momentum, can the Raiders absorb it and fight through it? If the Raiders get off to a good start and get a lead, etc. will the Rabbs self destruct or fight through it? All interesting questions

How’s y’all’s Oline and Dline? I haven’t seen much on Winnsboro

1 minute ago, TheHaireBeatTheTortoise said:

How’s y’all’s Oline and Dline? I haven’t seen much on Winnsboro

Both solid and have been fortunate enough to be very healthy minus the starting left tackle who went out a few weeks ago. His replacement has done great. Other than that it has been the same group on both sides all year. Slightly undersized but they really get after it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chevyman said:

Tatum is better up front than winnsboro but I agree with u.