BI-DISTRICT: Winnsboro vs. Atlanta 11/11

chevyman

Winnsboro vs. Atlanta   

60 members have voted

1. 1. Bi-District

This poll is closed to new votes

12 hours ago, Witb107 said:

You say that, but he would throw for 300 yards against Tatum. 

Go ahead and build me a list of all the other QBs in Texas with almost 4K passing/rushing yards, has over 50+ TDs, and is throwing a 73% completion rate. 

300 yards? Oh wow that’s impressive. 

1 hour ago, PantherNation2015 said:

ATL fans help me here.  I’ve watched the Tatum game & the LE game to get both perspectives (blowout loss and close loss).  ATL RG and RT are huge (like 6’4 300+ huge) and should move most anyone in front of them with ease.  But they don’t.  They are consistently beaten by the DT and DE in both games.  Why?

I have 0 clue how the big boys can’t make a hole. It almost looks like they are pass blocking sometimes or they hit and release. 

34 minutes ago, TheHaireBeatTheTortoise said:

I have 0 clue how the big boys can’t make a hole. It almost looks like they are pass blocking sometimes or they hit and release. 

I wasn’t trying to be ugly.  Outside of the Tatum Center, those two kids were the biggest kids on the field by far.  But they don’t play like it.  I think Winnsboro’s DL are going to be in the backfield often.  ATL QB will need to get rid of it fast or leave the pocket to have time to throw.

34 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

I wasn’t trying to be ugly.  Outside of the Tatum Center, those two kids were the biggest kids on the field by far.  But they don’t play like it.  I think Winnsboro’s DL are going to be in the backfield often.  ATL QB will need to get rid of it fast or leave the pocket to have time to throw.

Atlanta QB will just throw it down the field to his receivers.They are so fast they will just run the Ball down,may catch it may not.But you want be able to run with them.(Very fast) 

7 minutes ago, mightyeagle said:

Atlanta QB will just throw it down the field to his receivers.They are so fast they will just run the Ball down,may catch it may not.But you want be able to run with them.(Very fast) 

I firmly believe that ATL will score on some big plays.  Maybe a fade, punt return, KO return, Jett sweep, WR screen, etc.  No doubt they have the advantage in the speed category.  But outside of the big plays, they won’t have much sustained offensive production.  That will put their defense in a tough spot in the second half.

19 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

I firmly believe that ATL will score on some big plays.  Maybe a fade, punt return, KO return, Jett sweep, WR screen, etc.  No doubt they have the advantage in the speed category.  But outside of the big plays, they won’t have much sustained offensive production.  That will put their defense in a tough spot in the second half.

They lack consistency. Are they a young team? If so, they might be even better next year. 

Guest Tiger03lb
10 minutes ago, chevyman said:

I wouldnt expect anything different. Id think something was wrong if you guys werent giving fits

Definitely 😆

53 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

The special teams really is something im looking at strongly. Obviously with Darty, Dickerson, and co. back deep it will be very difficult to kick it deep so how we manage that is a key point in the game. I think the whole concept will be keeping them in front of you but undoubtedly when youre dealing with this kind of speed its bound to happen where they get over the top but i know we will have a good plan in the secondary.

16 hours ago, Witb107 said:

His exact stats are as followed:

3050 passing

40 touchdowns 

5 INT (3 of them against Potts) 

74% completion rate 

750 rushing in 91 carries

13 rushing TDs

Definitely not a kid to take lightly. Even if Atlanta wins it will be one of the best  QBs they see all season. 

That’s what heath hood was putting up in 2016 through 8 games till he got hurt. Ended the year with 9 games and all state honorable mention. 

34 minutes ago, chevyman said:

The special teams really is something im looking at strongly. Obviously with Darty, Dickerson, and co. back deep it will be very difficult to kick it deep so how we manage that is a key point in the game. I think the whole concept will be keeping them in front of you but undoubtedly when youre dealing with this kind of speed its bound to happen where they get over the top but i know we will have a good plan in the secondary.

I trust ATL is working the Hands team a few extra reps this week.  😁

18 hours ago, Witb107 said:

His exact stats are as followed:

3050 passing

40 touchdowns 

5 INT (3 of them against Potts) 

74% completion rate 

750 rushing in 91 carries

13 rushing TDs

Definitely not a kid to take lightly. Even if Atlanta wins it will be one of the best  QBs they see all season. 

He'll definitely be the best passing QB they've seen. Their non-district schedule wasn't that strong....didn't really see any good QBs. 

Screenshot_20221108-155516_Chrome.jpg

This game will be black and white.....no great area. If Winny can come tain Atlanta's speed and not give up too many homerun plays they win. That is harder said than done. Atlanta has speed everywhere. Way more than Winnsboro at pretty much every position. If Winny doesn't let the speed get em.....they win. Atlanta will by far be the fastest team they've seen. 

6 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

There is more holes than you would think. I run the tunnel crew so I sit in the end zone. I see things that people in the stands can’t see.  What happens is teams will run a 4 or 5 man front then let their linebackers clog holes. If you are comparing winnsboro front to Tatum front I’m just gonna quit watching football. Jefferson Tatum has been the best defenses we’ve seen. What worries me about this game the most is it turns into a shootout.  The biggest thing winnsboro has to worry about is Atlanta is playing with house money.  

2 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

Just out of curiosity.....what do the others stats look like? Obviously the receivers gotta catch it...but I'm talking about rushing. 

Most of their rushing yards comes from when they go 4 and 5 wide. Qb recognizes coverages very well then takes off. Winnsboro staff does a good job in giving him 3 reads to one side of the field. He doesn’t has the speed of y’all’s qb but he’s not slow either. 

2 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

He'll definitely be the best passing QB they've seen. Their non-district schedule wasn't that strong....didn't really see any good QBs. 

Screenshot_20221108-155516_Chrome.jpg

Nah Jeffy qb and y’all’s qb is on his level. His iq level makes him better than his talent level. They run a good scheme with a lot of height on the outside. Tackling will be big Friday night for Atlanta defense. 

Edited by Jasonwaldon

21 minutes ago, Jasonwaldon said:

Nah Jeffy qb and y’all’s qb is on his level. His iq level makes him better than his talent level. They run a good scheme with a lot of height on the outside. Tackling will be big Friday night for Atlanta defense. 

I know without a doubt Watson is up there and then some. But I was just letting them have their moment.