Eagle8

Tatum vs MV  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes it?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Eagle8 changed the title to Bi DISTRICT: Tatum vs Mount Vernon
  • Eagle8 changed the title to BI DISTRICT: Tatum vs Mount Vernon
4 minutes ago, MVFAN1 said:

Well I can't vote against MV, but if we don't get something figured out and get that fire back this will be it for us!  I'm hoping the thrashing Pottsboro gave us serves as an eye opener!!

Winnsboro should’ve been the first. 

That offense will never work against a good team and defense got dominated. One week to change things up or it’s over 

8 minutes ago, warhawk1432 said:

My pleasant???? Good grief can we get it any closer to MT Vernon??? That is a full hour and a half drive!!! Good grief!!! Someone get these coaches a map!!

I'ma go out on a limb and say MV won the toss and chose the location. Not all coaches play nice and try to find a midway point. Its an hour and a half.....its not all that bad lol. I drive an hour and a half to locations one way sometimes lol. 

15 minutes ago, Witb107 said:

Winnsboro should’ve been the first. 

That offense will never work against a good team and defense got dominated. One week to change things up or it’s over 

Yep! You are correct!!  The thing is, we've had since week three to change things up and have done not one thing. It's pretty much to late at this point.  We'll do the same thing I'm sure.

9 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

I'ma go out on a limb and say MV won the toss and chose the location. Not all coaches play nice and try to find a midway point. Its an hour and a half.....its not all that bad lol. I drive an hour and a half to locations one way sometimes lol. 

We need all the help we can get!!!🤣🤣

6 hours ago, warhawk1432 said:

My pleasant???? Good grief can we get it any closer to MT Vernon??? That is a full hour and a half drive!!! Good grief!!! Someone get these coaches a map!!

Stadium venue, due to several possibilities of who may have been playing who, was pre-determined and all agreed upon by all coaches involved in the possibilities to play at MP so they could secure a venue. Everything gets grabbed up quick round 1. Just so happened it's MV that we ended up with. Luck of the draw for them as far as logistics. 

• Like 1

Guest Tiger03lb

Have a feeling that this could be a shootout. This game my favor Tatum with how MV is running their offense. If Tatum can get a few stops and score they could win this game. 

MV is gonna have to mix it up if they want to win. Should be a fun game to watch.

Horton can actually throw relatively decent but he is not a QB so there were multiple times last night that he did not read correctly and pulled the ball when he shouldve handed off. He also looked a little hobbled cause he was not running the way he normally is. The bigger issue to me was how poorly the defense played. Also the kickoff return team was horrendous. Potts kicker is definitely a weapon but it was just bad bad from MV.

If MV truly wants it they will take it.  They will need to come together as a team and put hurt feelings, mistakes and bickering away and play solid football for 48 minutes. I truly believe MV is used to being so dynamic that they can get away with being sloppy in other areas but that will have to stop for them to have a chance.  Time to hit the reset button and get back to the fundamentals in every phase of the game.  

Just now, MVFan75457 said:

If MV truly wants it they will take it.  They will need to come together as a team and put hurt feelings, mistakes and bickering away and play solid football for 48 minutes. I truly believe MV is used to being so dynamic that they can get away with being sloppy in other areas but that will have to stop for them to have a chance.  Time to hit the reset button and get back to the fundamentals in every phase of the game.  

Why is McGill & Horton not returning KO’s?

1 minute ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Why is McGill & Horton not returning KO’s?

Last night was embarrassing for MV. Why would you not switch the kid out after he dropped two of them? Much less 5-6 times… 

They had an entire two weeks to prepare for Pottsboro and still looked like a JV team.

Pulling for MV but that is probably not going to happen.

32 minutes ago, Witb107 said:

Last night was embarrassing for MV. Why would you not switch the kid out after he dropped two of them? Much less 5-6 times… 

They had an entire two weeks to prepare for Pottsboro and still looked like a JV team.

Pulling for MV but that is probably not going to happen.

We had a kid do that against MV. Looked absolutely lost on kickoff returns so we pulled him. Put him back out there last night and guess what happens? He dropped one ball but luckily it went out of bounds and fumbled another. I don’t get it. We have other guys that were capable. 

37 minutes ago, chevyman said:

They’re both on there but farther up in the formation. Finally McGill went back there and the kicker dialed back and still kicked it to the other kid

Man I would put both back deep.  No one is going to kick to them, and MV gets it at the 35 or 40 almost every kick……that is if they can catch it.  😂

Well tbh it's not much to choose from between Tatum and Mt. Vernon. Maybe Marshall but that's about it. Venue wise you're handcuffed where to play. For the game, it will come down to the trenches. Mt. Vernon lost their QB and Tatum can't defend the deep ball so the game will be won between the Tackles. Who can control the ball and clock? That is what the game will come down to. 

11 minutes ago, TrumpisDump said:

Well tbh it's not much to choose from between Tatum and Mt. Vernon. Maybe Marshall but that's about it. Venue wise you're handcuffed where to play. For the game, it will come down to the trenches. Mt. Vernon lost their QB and Tatum can't defend the deep ball so the game will be won between the Tackles. Who can control the ball and clock? That is what the game will come down to. 

I thought Tatum already had SH reserved for next week?  We ain’t playing no more football so our schedule is wide open. 😂

• LOL! 1

2 hours ago, MVFan75457 said:

You got a week to hit the reset button while work on defending the triple option. Good luck. 

2 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

You got a week to hit the reset button while work on defending the triple option. Good luck. 

We've seen the triple option and versions of it multiple times this year already and honestly I feel confident in the ability to stop it.  The mental mistakes and flat out dumb mistakes have to be corrected.  Giving an opponent 3 to 6 extra possessions in the playoffs is not going to cut it.