BI DISTRICT: Tatum vs Mount Vernon

Eagle8

Tatum vs MV  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes it?

This poll is closed to new votes

3 minutes ago, MVFan75457 said:

I'm sticking to my guns.  MV by 10.  I know the kids are more than capable and will support them until the very end.  Its a Great day to be a Tiger.

You’re being generous. But I’ll take losing to a talented great team by 10

13 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Don’t mind us, we just rebuilding. 

Yup. Out of our 4600 plus total yards, seniors are responsible for right at 500 of it, skill player wise. Underclassmen are responsible for 90% of our scores as well. 

I'll admit, I'm being bitter and disgruntled. Not at the kids, but I guess regardless they get the brunt of it.  They are used to being on top and now they are trying to just hang on as long as they can.  I'm disappointed at the coaching staff.  I'm not a coach. I realize that and I know my opinion is as useless as the teets on a bore hog, but it just seems like to me we could have figured out a little more on offense to change things up a little....maybe this is the best we can do and I'm being too critical, I don't know.   I just keep thinking each week we will see something different, but it just the same. I can't tell that we have a game plan at all.  But for what it's worth, I've said my peace and will refrain from the negativity from here on out.

We have a group of great kids out there that by heart are not quitters and give it their all.  I've not seen them give up and quit in 4 years!!  This year has been hard on them and yet they are still playing post season.  To the kids, I apologize for the negativity that I've shown, it's not toward you.  Buckle your chin straps up and get out there and show everyone what MV Tigers are made of!!

20 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

I had something really good to say but won’t follow up the pitty party with it. I’ll wait a few hours. 

Ohh come on now if you don't rib then it ain't no fun lol... I just think that sometimes as adults we think kids should be flawless.  I know if I was held to that standard at work I would be unemployed even at McDonalds.  At the end of the day I support these kids 110%and won't turn my back just becasue of a bad game, season or decade like some of the other teams in the area lol... 

5 minutes ago, MVFan75457 said:

Ohh come on now if you don't rib then it ain't no fun lol... I just think that sometimes as adults we think kids should be flawless.  I know if I was held to that standard at work I would be unemployed even at McDonalds.  At the end of the day I support these kids 110%and won't turn my back just becasue of a bad game, season or decade like some of the other teams in the area lol... 

Gladewater?

Just now, MVFan75457 said:

From what I heard that's alot lol... do you think there is a record for the number of offensive system run in 1 season?

Woulda been us with OB Jones at QB with Nate Lynch at OC. But it all worked lol. Wing-T, slot-T, 5 wide, 4 wide, diamond pistol, I, split back pro set, pistol H back, wishbone, heavy bull(2 TE 2FB), Maryland I, wildcat...a couple more. But we'd run most of them in one game. 

Think it was against Gladewater, first play of the game we came out in the wing-T, shifted to 5 wide. They called a time out. We came back out 5 wide, shifted into wing-T. They called a time out lol. 

14 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

Woulda been us with OB Jones at QB with Nate Lynch at OC. But it all worked lol. Wing-T, slot-T, 5 wide, 4 wide, diamond pistol, I, split back pro set, pistol H back, wishbone, heavy bull(2 TE 2FB), Maryland I, wildcat...a couple more. But we'd run most of them in one game. 

Think it was against Gladewater, first play of the game we came out in the wing-T, shifted to 5 wide. They called a time out. We came back out 5 wide, shifted into wing-T. They called a time out lol. 

Nope. That was against West Rusk. They burned 2 timeouts before our first snap. 😂😂

Several weeks ago I’d say MV by whatever they wanted, but the last few games haven’t shown me improvement.  Maybe the bi week got the best of us against a really good pboro team.  Once again I’ll say that Mv needs to play a more disciplined game with fewer mistakes to get the win.  Nothing is given, it must be earned.