BI DISTRICT: Tatum vs Mount Vernon

Eagle8

Tatum vs MV  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes it?

This poll is closed to new votes

20 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

Yeah they rolled right through Jefferson 👀

One of the Eagles said they ran for almost 300 on Jeffy.  I went back and watched that whole game. No way they ran for over 200 yards. Half their runs were for losses. He said they just didn't play good that game. Hell I'm glad they didn't lol. By the way, I think Tatum gets the win by playing keep away and keeps MV's offense standing on the sidelines 

Edited by Jeffersondawgs96

1 hour ago, Jeffersondawgs96 said:

One of the Eagles said they ran for almost 300 on Jeffy.  I went back and watched that whole game. No way they ran for over 200 yards. Half their runs were for losses. He said they just didn't play good that game. Hell I'm glad they didn't lol. By the way, I think Tatum gets the win by playing keep away and keeps MV's offense standing on the sidelines 

We didn't say over 300 rushing, we said 363 total. 63 carries for 293 rushing yards. #5 Mimbs went for 121, #8 Watson went for 82, #35 Norris went for 48, the rest was spread over 3 others. The pitchmen didn't get their usual. They all 3 combined for just 42 yards on 16 carries....they had most of the runs that didnt gain. I can assure you....those stats are accurate. And no, we didn't play well against yall, doesn't change the fact that yall were able to get the win over us in OT, congrats on the win sir. We did play much better against Atlanta. 

Edited by Eagle8

37 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

We didn't say over 300 rushing, we said 363 total. 63 carries for 293 rushing yards. #5 Mimbs went for 121, #8 Watson went for 82, #35 Norris went for 48, the rest was spread over 3 others. The pitchmen didn't get their usual. They all 3 combined for just 42 yards on 16 carries....they had most of the runs that didnt gain. I can assure you....those stats are accurate. And no, we didn't play well against yall, doesn't change the fact that yall were able to get the win over us in OT, congrats on the win sir. We did play much better against Atlanta. 

Preciate you posting those stats. I went and watched that whole game again and I just couldn't see 293 yards rushing. Not going to say I was counting yards lol. Besides the homerun hitter by Watson, it just wasn't any chunk plays. But I'm glad we didn't see the Tatum team  that poor Atlanta had to endure. Hopefully that Tatum team shows up again Friday 

Just now, Jeffersondawgs96 said:

So what's the best rushing team MV has faced this year? 

Pewitt. Mineola had Pendergrass. Potts has McBride. Winny with Finney. Closes two to our style of offense would be Pewitt and Quinlan Ford. They beat Pewitt 42-38, and beat Quinlan Ford 42-28. Both quite early in the season. 

9 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

Pewitt. Mineola had Pendergrass. Potts has McBride. Winny with Finney. Closes two to our style of offense would be Pewitt and Quinlan Ford. They beat Pewitt 42-38, and beat Quinlan Ford 42-28. Both quite early in the season. 

I think at the time GW came out in a slot or wing t of sorts

5 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

It is safe to say that they did not...umm....."have it down", they abandoned it after week 2. 

Haha, it definitely wasn’t a typical representation of what we’re use to seeing out of GW football.  I think that game set our boys into a “high” that resulted in the next week’s performance that knocked us in the mouth. 

6 minutes ago, mvtiger99 said:

Haha, it definitely wasn’t a typical representation of what we’re use to seeing out of GW football.  I think that game set our boys into a “high” that resulted in the next week’s performance that knocked us in the mouth. 

They were definitely not in top shape in that offense. Of course....their first 2 opponents weren't easy ones to learn a new system on. I think had they stuck with it, they would have eventually been tough in that system. They always have the personnel for it. 

Edited by Eagle8
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jeffersondawgs96 said:

I was a little shocked by that PP score. They seem to be down a bit this year

Yeah I’d say it was a combination of things that game.  We had probably 4-5 guys come off the field that game with injuries…

PP has played alot of close games this year, but I would’ve thought they win more games after ours.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mvtiger99 said:

Mv record against teams with winning records is 0-2.  Maybe we change that Friday night. 👀

We're only 6-4. Though, two are OT losses. One was a 13 point loss to DF that exposed our deep ball issues on defense to the max. And one was to a top 5 4A D1 team by 6. One thing I can say about this team. They don't know what "quit" means. They fight, scratch, and claw til the final whistle. Haven't seen that in quite some time. 

• Like 2