BI DISTRICT: Tatum vs Mount Vernon

Eagle8

Tatum vs MV  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes it?

This poll is closed to new votes

44 minutes ago, Witb107 said:

I thought the same until I watched the game last night. They looked like a JV team. 

So the team that played Winnsboro looked alot better but still had the shades of the dumb mistakes which tipped the scales to Winnsboro... last night it wasn't 1 or 2 mistakes it was 10... given repeated chances Pottsboro made us pay just like they did to Winnsboro in the 2nd half.  The talent is there.  The schemes are there but for the last 4 weeks MV has progressively gotten worse.  So either they reset and win by 2 touchdowns or they stay on the same path and get beat by 2 touchdowns.  MV doesn't have the margin for error they are used to and it shows up against better teams.  At times last night the momentum was ready to swing to MV and then they do something dumb.  

24 minutes ago, MVFAN1 said:

You got me!🤷‍♂️

Both are on the return team and 14 hasn't had any issues all year... the wind wasn't helping him but to the same point both Mcgill and Horton have mishandled kicks this year.  The kid had a bad night and it has happened to anyone that has played the game long enough.  Short memory and focus on what we can do to grt better and not on what we did to get beat.  

1 hour ago, PantherNation2015 said:

I don’t think so MVFan.  After last night I just don’t see it.

You saw one game which I will admit was probably the worst game I have seen MV play in the last 4 years.  It happens from time to time.  Could MV get beat by 2 touchdowns? Yeah definitely.  Could they win by 2 touchdowns? Definitely... it will depend on which group of 15 to 18 yr old kids decides to show up and take the field.  

17 minutes ago, MVFan75457 said:

So the team that played Winnsboro looked alot better but still had the shades of the dumb mistakes which tipped the scales to Winnsboro... last night it wasn't 1 or 2 mistakes it was 10... given repeated chances Pottsboro made us pay just like they did to Winnsboro in the 2nd half.  The talent is there.  The schemes are there but for the last 4 weeks MV has progressively gotten worse.  So either they reset and win by 2 touchdowns or they stay on the same path and get beat by 2 touchdowns.  MV doesn't have the margin for error they are used to and it shows up against better teams.  At times last night the momentum was ready to swing to MV and then they do something dumb.  

Great post and right on the money...this was not the same team, especially on the defensive side, that played Winny. Offensively, they have the weapons to be dangerous but have not moved forward since losing their qb. Losing a key player is absolutely critical but when it happens early in the season and nothing is developed over the rest of the season is just inexcusable. They sure didn't look like a team that was playing for a district championship, that is for sure!! If they couldn't get up for that game I don't see them getting to excited about a playoff game. Definitely disappointing. Before last night I really thought our district had a shot at taking three wins...not now. I think we will split 2-2 now.

Tatum by 21...maybe worse if MV doesn't play any harder than they did last night.

18 minutes ago, MVFan75457 said:

You saw one game which I will admit was probably the worst game I have seen MV play in the last 4 years.  It happens from time to time.  Could MV get beat by 2 touchdowns? Yeah definitely.  Could they win by 2 touchdowns? Definitely... it will depend on which group of 15 to 18 yr old kids decides to show up and take the field.  

I saw 2 games this year.  I even picked MV to upset Potts.  I thought MV was supposed to get some guys back on defense last night that had been out hurt?  It didn’t look like it.

10 minutes ago, blesseddaily said:

Great post and right on the money...this was not the same team, especially on the defensive side, that played Winny. Offensively, they have the weapons to be dangerous but have not moved forward since losing their qb. Losing a key player is absolutely critical but when it happens early in the season and nothing is developed over the rest of the season is just inexcusable. They sure didn't look like a team that was playing for a district championship, that is for sure!! If they couldn't get up for that game I don't see them getting to excited about a playoff game. Definitely disappointing. Before last night I really thought our district had a shot at taking three wins...not now. I think we will split 2-2 now.

Tatum by 21...maybe worse if MV doesn't play any harder than they did last night.

Think back to the first 3 drives... Pottsboro Turnover forced, MV touchdown, Pottsboro Touchdown, then the mishandled kick Pottsboro Touchdown, another mishandled kick offense stalls due to a penalty.. Pottsboro Touchdown... as soon as the mistakes happened MV was chasing and the offense and defense are not built for that this year.  Several times in the 2nd half MV had pottsboro stopped and becasue they had rhe lead they were willing to go for becasue honestly there wasn't much risk a d thats when the big plays occured... take away the mental mistakes and MV is right there until the end.  We forced 2 interceptions but still gave the ball away on turnovers or stupid plays 6 times... you can't do that against good teams...

21 minutes ago, blesseddaily said:

It was embarrassing!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

I saw 2 games this year.  I even picked MV to upset Potts.  I thought MV was supposed to get some guys back on defense last night that had been out hurt?  It didn’t look like it.

Would if this week Tatum gets guys back that have been hurt? 

6 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Actually we did get two players back, and they are the two that got the two interceptions.

• Like 1

To the MV fans on here that look like rats on a sinking ship I'm a little ashamed.  The boys had a bad game.  It happens.  Confidence is a huge thing in sports and it's built by the player, the coaches, the team and the fans.  I am probably the most blunt person and won't hesitate to point out the weaknesses when I see them but I also understand that these are 15 to 18 yr old kids.  They are going to make mistakes and they are going to have bad games.  If they get beat in the 1st round I will still tell them great job because this game is not going to decide their future.  Instead of pointing out the bad things focus on the good things...

11 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

This thread has different energy than I was expecting. 

We basically gave away a district championship and we aren’t moping around. 

It isn’t the same MV team as the past lol 

The whole morale of Mount Vernon dropped after they lost multiple starters. Losing to Winnsboro definitely didn’t help and then getting dominated by Pottsboro didn’t help. 

The team seems to be heavily discouraged as well. Which is a bummer because if they just nailed an offensive scheme then they could be a really good team still. 

But as others have said. They just keep getting worse each week. Maybe their morale will be boosted coming into the playoffs 

6 minutes ago, Witb107 said:

It isn’t the same MV team as the past lol 

The whole morale of Mount Vernon dropped after they lost multiple starters. Losing to Winnsboro definitely didn’t help and then getting dominated by Pottsboro didn’t help. 

The team seems to be heavily discouraged as well. Which is a bummer because if they just nailed an offensive scheme then they could be a really good team still. 

But as others have said. They just keep getting worse each week. Maybe their morale will be boosted coming into the playoffs 

Well good news for them is that we have been a part of a few Super Bowls this season. Might as well be someone else’s. 

I believe the MV defense will matchup a little better against this style of offense. The only question is can they stop it cause the Eagles are so effective and efficient in it. #6 Doss was back last night but you could tell he was a little hesitant and not playing with his normal reckless abandon. I personally think that McGill will get his but how much more output can the Tigers get on the offensive side of the ball? Give me Tatum by 14