Bi-District: Center vs. Liberty-Eylau

Funcoach34

Center vs. LE  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Bi-District

This poll is closed to new votes

On 11/6/2022 at 10:21 PM, SiriusDogon7 said:

LE is not a team that anyone should be looking past or underestimating.  If you haters want to rag on the Leopards, go ahead.  They might just be your trap team.  Ask the old school Gilmer Buckeyes what happened to them in 2006 when one of their best teams ever got shocked and LE went on to win state.  This years edition of the Leopards is not the '06 team but they have got a lot of talent.  If I were a coach, the coach of a highly ranked team, LE might be the last team that I would want to see in the first round.

🙄, as I was saying....Center by 40. 

1 hour ago, HawkNation12 said:

Center won’t win by 40, if they win at all. 

LE is 1-2 against teams with a winning record. One of those teams is 3A Atlanta, which LE beat 16-14...we scored 63 on Atlanta, Center beat us by 2 in OT. LE's other wins are against 1-9 Henderson, 1-9 Spring Hill, 2-8 MP, 2-8 Pittsburg, 3-7 North Lamar. What on paper screams LE plays with Center to you?

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

LE is 1-2 against teams with a winning record. One of those teams is 3A Atlanta, which LE beat 16-14...we scored 63 on Atlanta, Center beat us by 2 in OT. LE's other wins are against 1-9 Henderson, 1-9 Spring Hill, 2-8 MP, 2-8 Pittsburg, 3-7 North Lamar. What on paper screams LE plays with Center to you?

You have done some homework.   Also, don’t forget LE was down to a 2-8 Pitt 21-0 before the 2nd half meltdown by Pitt.  

3 minutes ago, BlackShirtD said:

You have done some homework.   Also, don’t forget LE was down to a 2-8 Pitt 21-0 before the 2nd half meltdown by Pitt.  

A lot of down time on a frac location. I'm on nights.....I be reading up on some stuff. 

17 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

If LE had a coach, they may never lose another game. Athletes everywhere.

2 minutes ago, RonChee said:

If LE had a coach, they may never lose another game. Athletes everywhere.

I mean, with Gilmer, Carthage, and PG walking around the division in the area....that statement is whack. But I will say they have never ever had a shortage of athletes. 

13 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

I mean, with Gilmer, Carthage, and PG walking around the division in the area....that statement is whack. But I will say they have never ever had a shortage of athletes. 

Somewhat facetious but Briles almost got that job.

18 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

They need a little more than coaching in my opinion… they need a culture change, discipline, and a strength and conditioning program.  
Culture change- fill the stands when you play your rival. More people parking cars than watching the game. Discipline- walked out the 2nd half vs PG, you could tell they were done. They did seem to keep competing against Pitt but that may have had more to do w Pitt than LE. Strength and Cond- Seems the baseball team is in better shape than the football team. They do have the athletes to compete and change the program. 

If Center allows them to hang around, they may be in for a dogfight in 4th quarter. 

22 minutes ago, Hawkeye55 said:

They need a little more than coaching in my opinion… they need a culture change, discipline, and a strength and conditioning program.  
Culture change- fill the stands when you play your rival. More people parking cars than watching the game. Discipline- walked out the 2nd half vs PG, you could tell they were done. They did seem to keep competing against Pitt but that may have had more to do w Pitt than LE. Strength and Cond- Seems the baseball team is in better shape than the football team. They do have the athletes to compete and change the program. 

If Center allows them to hang around, they may be in for a dogfight in 4th quarter. 

LE admin dealing with a different set of issues compared to PG. The culture change starts at home and unfortunately the LE coaches and admin can only do so much. Even Chop was complaining to Tony Kirk on the morning show about some LE fans and their actions during the PG game. I will add there are some folks that are doing some great things with the LEYA program to re-build that foundation.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, BearKat said:

If Briles would have gone to LE the entire district  would be different today. Many more wins and many more of the home grown athletes would have stayed where they belong.  LE would be a better place!

Could of, should of, would of… unfortunately a few more may be looking to make a move.