BI District GW vs Pottsboro

mightyeagle

Gladewater vs. Pottsboro  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Bi-District

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest Tiger03lb
Just now, blesseddaily said:

I was just talking to someone that watched the Whitney/Tig game and said Whitney was fast paced wide open offense so it should be a wild high scoring game!!!

It was. I watched it till halftime and left to watch west game. 

Teague didn't help themselves at all. Turnsovers killed them. They started to settle down mid 2nd qtr but youth was showing. 

Whitney has a decent d tackle and middle backer. 

Their qb can throw it around too. Should be a fun game to watch. 

If GW had come out in the I form last night and ran the ball I feel like this would have been a different game.  By the time they realized that we could run it right at them there was already a 13 point deficit. We also continually gave them a short field by not punting. I will say our execution on punts has been awful this year and it is possible it wouldn’t have made much difference in field position. Good game to Potts. Good luck to all the teams playing tonight. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

If GW had come out in the I form last night and ran the ball I feel like this would have been a different game.  By the time they realized that we could run it right at them there was already a 13 point deficit. We also continually gave them a short field by not punting. I will say our execution on punts has been awful this year and it is possible it wouldn’t have made much difference in field position. Good game to Potts. Good luck to all the teams playing tonight. 

The short field and mistakes didn’t help us at all against potts either. 

47 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

Exactly, plus turnovers hurt us when we were driving the ball. Those also gave Potts a short field. Also the unsuccessful onside kicks. 

I don't think we played bad last night. We had several plays and drives that could have easily gone our way but didn't. That's not an excuse. I'm just saying I saw some good things on both offense and defense that I believe would have made the game closer than the score indicated. 

Congrats to the Cardinals on advancing and good luck to the rest of our district tonight. 

1 hour ago, GWBears01 said:

It's my personal opinion that Gladewater's punt formation is the worst I've ever seen. It makes punting a huge liability for them. I'm not sure what the punter situation, but I've never seen a pooch punt really from the standard shotgun formation. Move him back and bit, and let him get some time to kick the ball. I just knew when y'all punted against us we were going to take one to the house. 

I do hate to see y'all gone man. Seems like football season just started, and it's already coming to a close. I'm just hoping we find a way to play another week. 

28 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

It's my personal opinion that Gladewater's punt formation is the worst I've ever seen. It makes punting a huge liability for them. I'm not sure what the punter situation, but I've never seen a pooch punt really from the standard shotgun formation. Move him back and bit, and let him get some time to kick the ball. I just knew when y'all punted against us we were going to take one to the house. 

I do hate to see y'all gone man. Seems like football season just started, and it's already coming to a close. I'm just hoping we find a way to play another week. 

We’ve never used that punt formation before so I’m wondering if it had anything to do with not having a good deep snapper. Either way it wasn’t executed well at all this season. Every season can’t end in the 3rd or 4th round (unless you are Carthage or Gilmer) so years like this will happen. Not sure what next year brings but within the next 2-3 I expect we will be once again making some noise. 

9 hours ago, GWBears01 said:

We’ve never used that punt formation before so I’m wondering if it had anything to do with not having a good deep snapper. Either way it wasn’t executed well at all this season. Every season can’t end in the 3rd or 4th round (unless you are Carthage or Gilmer) so years like this will happen. Not sure what next year brings but within the next 2-3 I expect we will be once again making some noise. 

Besides using Lewis part of this season, it has been a couple of seasons since GW has had a tailback that could take it to the house.  I guess the last one was Elijah (forgot his last name) What grade is the next prototypical GW tailback in?

2 hours ago, Sportsjunkiee said:

Besides using Lewis part of this season, it has been a couple of seasons since GW has had a tailback that could take it to the house.  I guess the last one was Elijah (forgot his last name) What grade is the next prototypical GW tailback in?

8th. I think he will be a really good one. 

5 hours ago, Sportsjunkiee said:

Carter was the best RB GW had according to their records. The next best one was in 2010 with 1700 yards. I’d almost argue that the success GW had from 2018-2021 was due to a certain group of kids. Eli Carter, Allen and others. I’d almost say they’re back down to earth and may have to start rebuilding again. 

5 hours ago, Racer55 said:

Carter was the best RB GW had according to their records. The next best one was in 2010 with 1700 yards. I’d almost argue that the success GW had from 2018-2021 was due to a certain group of kids. Eli Carter, Allen and others. I’d almost say they’re back down to earth and may have to start rebuilding again. 

You do realize we went 4 rounds deep in 2013, we were a foot away from possibly winning state in 2014, 2016 team was very good. He’s Carter and Allen made GW successful the last few years but the OL play and some really good defensive players contributed as well. I would say right now that we are down but I don’t expect this will be the norm for long.