Hemphill vs Waskom bi-district Waskom 10 Hemphill 8 Final

optimistic

Waskom/Hemphill  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this game

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, SAPACK1 said:

So you think Waskom will score 18 points more against Hemphill than Newton did?  If so, Waskoms offense must be really good.

I'll take a 5-4 Waskom team over a 9-1 Hemphill team. Hemphill hasn't escaped Rd.1 in over 15 years I don't see them breaking it against Waskom. They've been a booger for Hemphill the last couple meetings in the playoffs. Still wont be a blowout by any means, gonna be a pretty close game.

1 hour ago, corrigancamden09 said:

Yes sir definitely!   It was kinda muggy for us at our game this past week 

I'm just really glad our game was played Thursday night. On Friday night we had a Tornado come through and demolished communities in our area causing great trauma for many families. 

• Prayers 1

8 minutes ago, KrookedWolfe said:

Yes a Tornado cc09. Lives and homes were lost. Outside communities attached to Daingerfield(&DHS) were affected.  Hughes Springs 5 miles East of Dfield got hit too. 

Man I really hate that..  I knew the weather had got bad up that way but l knew nothing about the tornado..  I’ll be praying for everyone up that way!

• Thanks 1

If the Waskom offense can score that many points (48) they should win.  However, their defense has been suspect the last few weeks.  Surprised their tackling has not been solid as is expected.  Hope they bring up the intensity for a playoff game and make their DC proud😊.  

Ringside I guess you are from Waskom? Did the Amie kid get inducted to the hall of fame? I thought I read that somewhere. Where is he now ? He was the best highschool player I’ve ever seen play!!!! I saw him live for 4 years and they were some bad years in Jacket land 

55 minutes ago, Ijustwatch said:

Ringside I guess you are from Waskom? Did the Amie kid get inducted to the hall of fame? I thought I read that somewhere. Where is he now ? He was the best highschool player I’ve ever seen play!!!! I saw him live for 4 years and they were some bad years in Jacket land 

Mike Reason & Chan Amie both got inducted. I heard Amie drives a truck

2 hours ago, Ringside said:

If the Waskom offense can score that many points (48) they should win.  However, their defense has been suspect the last few weeks.  Surprised their tackling has not been solid as is expected.  Hope they bring up the intensity for a playoff game and make their DC proud😊.  

They will have to show something they didn't show against Harmony, I think both teams are similar.

57 minutes ago, Ijustwatch said:

Actually I am not from Waskom.  I am connected in spirit only😌.  Yes, pound for pound he was the best player in the state.  At 165 pounds he could play like he was 210 or bigger.  As Wild ( Waskom through and through) said both Reason and Amie were inducted.  Hoping the intangibles the championship teams had can be brought back.

Well I’m not sure about the reason kid. I don’t remember which one he was. But I’m afraid those bloodlines are gone. Just like the EF kids. Big drop off. I will give credit where credit is due. Waskom sustained winning a lot better than EF. I blame that on ford for not beating Keeling multiple times when we had a chance. 

5 hours ago, Ijustwatch said:

In saying that Waskom Jv was really talented. If they grow and develop some lineman they could be decent again. I’m just not so sure about EF. Not much talent to work with 

JV in Waskom has some tough kids coming.  I am not aware of any juniors playing on that group as opposed to last year where most of Waskom’s current varsity line was playing.  
Big tough linemen are usually in short supply in Waskom.  Last year was more the exception.

EF is in a talent drought but that will turn around one day.  Who knows, one day we may see Waskom EF consolidated.  
 I can only say such blasphemy as an outsider 😁

• Wild74 changed the title to Hemphill vs Waskom bi-district Waskom 10 Hemphill 8 Final