Wing T or slot T

Destry

2 minutes ago, Destry said:

Want to watch someone who runs one of these offenses in the playoffs . I know Joaquin does but who else that you know of? I ‘be seen enough shotgun- spread stuff to do me for the next 100 years.

They all lost that's why teams switched to spread!  😆

It's a joke...don't be mad at me!

• Thanks 1
  • LOL! 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

18 minutes ago, Destry said:

Want to watch someone who runs one of these offenses in the playoffs . I know Joaquin does but who else that you know of? I ‘be seen enough shotgun- spread stuff to do me for the next 100 years.

I'd like to see some good ole splitback veer......

• Like 3

The split back veer went away when defenses figured out that if you hit the QB on his third step all you had was an unblocked sweep after he pitched it too quickly.  The crashing end also stymied the outside veer as it made the QB bounce around the dive back if the mesh point was a wreck.  The veer was a thing of beauty until defenses caught up with it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, neveragain said:

The split back veer went away when defenses figured out that if you hit the QB on his third step all you had was an unblocked sweep after he pitched it too quickly.  The crashing end also stymied the outside veer as it made the QB bounce around the dive back if the mesh point was a wreck.  The veer was a thing of beauty until defenses caught up with it.

Yeah....just wishful thinking.......lol

Franklin runs slot-T well, much of it attributable to immense talent.  Like Waskom in 2014 and 2015.

Bells runs it very well with good but not Franklin good athletes.   For wing T Holliday runs it very well.  Gunter ran it for years successfully, then ran the spread one year.  But no state championship until we went  to the triple option flexbone out of a short pistol formation.  7th and up are all running it.

The Wing T seems to allow for more balance though Holliday doesn't throw alot.  With that Slot T neither Franklin nor Bells throw it much either.  But when they do they have made big plays.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, neveragain said:

That's why you had the mid-line veer,negated the crashing end.and SMU always charged the end to force him to take qb and put corner on island with back 👀

1 hour ago, GTAlumnus said:

Franklin runs slot-T well, much of it attributable to immense talent.  Like Waskom in 2014 and 2015.

Bells runs it very well with good but not Franklin good athletes.   For wing T Holliday runs it very well.  Gunter ran it for years successfully, then ran the spread one year.  But no state championship until we went  to the triple option flexbone out of a short pistol formation.  7th and up are all running it.

The Wing T seems to allow for more balance though Holliday doesn't throw alot.  With that Slot T neither Franklin nor Bells throw it much either.  But when they do they have made big plays.

Franklin has the better athletes yes but I believe they have better line play as well. Multi teams we have played over the years have said that our line is the best they seen all year. Nothing happens with out the boys in the trenches

Centerville is as pure "wing T" as it gets... as far as slot T im not sure who really runs it anymore.............. kumrow did at pp forever........ and they were good at it.... same with hughes springs although theyhave opened it up recently................... when i was at redwater we were pure slot t............. ran a lot of midline and veer out of it which isnt super common from thos formations...... had a stud FB and QB and slots that could go........................