A real question for the CHill guys and anyone else who wants to weigh in since we all love HS football

LetsGoEagles

A comment stankyleg made got me to thinking, could chapel hill beat Tyler and legacy this year? Chapel hill is unquestionably a contender for the 4A crown, that can’t be argued. Could they beat both the 5A and the 6A? I think they could, and would have to play an almost mistake free game, but wondered what you guys thought. Just curious. 

8 minutes ago, LetsGoEagles said:

A comment stankyleg made got me to thinking, could chapel hill beat Tyler and legacy this year? Chapel hill is unquestionably a contender for the 4A crown, that can’t be argued. Could they beat both the 5A and the 6A? I think they could, and would have to play an almost mistake free game, but wondered what you guys thought. Just curious. 

At the beginning of the season you said Franklin couldn't move up and play 4ad1 schools like C Hill but it wouldn't be a fair match up... but now you are saying C hill could move up and play a 6a?

5 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

At the beginning of the season you said Franklin couldn't move up and play 4ad1 schools like C Hill but it wouldn't be a fair match up... but now you are saying C hill could move up and play a 6a?

Yes, and I was wrong about that. Franklin would be competitive in 4A. No doubt. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LindalePride2002 said:

Thats what every team says when they get on a hot streak! and then surratt proves them wrong lol

I totally get it, I have tremendous respect for SS and what he can do, but Chill's talent, especially on the offensive side, is pretty impressive. I'm just saying I think it would be a great game to see how they would stack up, but we'll never know. It's all just hypothetical fun anyway. 

This year I think Chapel Hill can beat JT and Lee. Both programs are atrocious at the moment. And that's me being nice on smoaky.com. If all teams were good at the same time. The answer would be hell no.

For the person who bought up Carthage. Can they beat them. Yeah they can. Chapel Hill has beaten them in the Surratt era. They also had some close games with them. The difference between the two is one has SS and just as equally important, stability. Chapel Hill doesn't have neither of the two. Carthage is also not competing for players like Chapel Hill and the rest of Tyler, TX. 

19 minutes ago, Chill5000 said:

This years Legacy and JT teams, CH could probably beat them. On most years in general, I would say CH lose 7/10

depth would be way lopsided, especially against REL

Hey playa. Ain't no way Chapel Hill is beating Lee or JT if they are all good at the same time. It would be 10/10 every time. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mojo1000 said:

Could Carthage beat Geo/Long/Phil… never mind….

The answer is no.  Carthage is 4AD2 and lucky to be here.  We can't compete at the higher level.  We have only been lucky that other schools have to play within their classification.  If Liberty Hill, China Spring, and El Campo hadn't moved up, we'd have fired Surratt by now.  We are actively disenrolling kids to try to get to 3AD1.

• LOL! 3
  • Roll Eyes 1

On 11/4/2022 at 12:23 PM, LindalePride2002 said:

Thats what every team says when they get on a hot streak! and then surratt proves them wrong lol

And CH just the school that ended their overall win streak and their home win streak in back to back years.  Carthage would be the favorite and has the edge, but CH has a better shot that Pittsburg does at beating them. 

• Like 2

On 11/4/2022 at 12:33 PM, LetsGoEagles said:

I totally get it, I have tremendous respect for SS and what he can do, but Chill's talent, especially on the offensive side, is pretty impressive. I'm just saying I think it would be a great game to see how they would stack up, but we'll never know. It's all just hypothetical fun anyway. 

Schedule them in the pre district.