A real question for the CHill guys and anyone else who wants to weigh in since we all love HS football

LetsGoEagles

I think on any given night, teams can play up and win (in some scenarios). Canadian beat Randall earlier this year with on enrollment difference of close to 1000 students. The kicker is, could a team play up and make it through a season of it, no way. Not enough depth. 

Example: Carthage plays up and plays a 5a schedule. Do they win some, yes. Do they win them all, absolutely not. Depth is a huge issue.

I got to watch Allen play my Alma mater when Allen was still loaded. Our starters could play with theirs across the board. The problem was when they started subbing in guys that were just as good as their starters. We subbed and there was a huge difference. It’s hard to compete with depth, and doing it over multiple games would be brutal.

5 hours ago, Stankylegg said:

And CH just the school that ended their overall win streak and their home win streak in back to back years.  Carthage would be the favorite and has the edge, but CH has a better shot that Pittsburg does at beating them. 

Did CH lose to Van?

On 11/4/2022 at 1:00 PM, VonG said:

This year I think Chapel Hill can beat JT and Lee. Both programs are atrocious at the moment. And that's me being nice on smoaky.com. If all teams were good at the same time. The answer would be hell no.

For the person who bought up Carthage. Can they beat them. Yeah they can. Chapel Hill has beaten them in the Surratt era. They also had some close games with them. The difference between the two is one has SS and just as equally important, stability. Chapel Hill doesn't have neither of the two. Carthage is also not competing for players like Chapel Hill and the rest of Tyler, TX. 

I agree..CH would beat both Tyler schools this yr.  But they not beating Carthage. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

I agree..CH would beat both Tyler schools this yr.  But they not beating Carthage. 

I'm not saying  C-hill can beat Carthage this year. I was just saying in general C-hill can beat them. They've done it before. 

8 hours ago, Stankylegg said:

CH tried to schedule JT (now Tyler) several years ago.  JT coach said it was a no win situation for his team.  If the win, they should have won, but if they lose, they got beat by a school that shouldn’t have had a chance. 

I've heard different. I heard Chapel Hill didn't want to play them.

Good football is good football at any level. If you are really good in 1A you can beat alot of 2A and even some 3A schools. Just go up the ladder. Who ever is in top 10 of 4A (CH) can play with mediocre 5A and 6A schools. There is a valid point about having the depth of larger schools and having to play that schedule. That is tough.

Remember when SLC moved from 4A , after winning state, to 5A and won the state championship? Remember when Celina won the 2A state championship and then won the 3A the next year?  

Why don't more interclassification games occur? Why would Henderson schedule Franklin? Why would Tyler legacy schedule CH? Too much respect to lose and very little to gain. You also have sub varsity games to match up. When a smaller school doesn't have "B" teams or freshmen a and b or soph team or a jv team, that creates problems.

1 hour ago, coachingforfreeclothes said:

Good football is good football at any level. If you are really good in 1A you can beat alot of 2A and even some 3A schools. Just go up the ladder. Who ever is in top 10 of 4A (CH) can play with mediocre 5A and 6A schools. There is a valid point about having the depth of larger schools and having to play that schedule. That is tough.

Remember when SLC moved from 4A , after winning state, to 5A and won the state championship? Remember when Celina won the 2A state championship and then won the 3A the next year?  

Why don't more interclassification games occur? Why would Henderson schedule Franklin? Why would Tyler legacy schedule CH? Too much respect to lose and very little to gain. You also have sub varsity games to match up. When a smaller school doesn't have "B" teams or freshmen a and b or soph team or a jv team, that creates problems.

👆 

1 hour ago, coachingforfreeclothes said:

Would love to see the the Van team that nearly lost to Bullard play CH now. Some teams get better through the season, some get get worse.

In all fairness it would be a better gauge if the Van team that beat CH by 6 played CH again, instead of the team that played Bullard. Van was shredded with injuries this season.