BI-DISTRICT: DeKalb vs. Edgewood

Bearliever

Dekalb vs. Edgewood   

39 members have voted

1. 1. Bi-District

2 minutes ago, Cannon85 said:

Way not to give Dekalb the nod. They rocked edgewood for 3 qtrs...lol

Ha! Edgewood was up by 2 touchdowns before killing themselves right before half and giving up 3 touchdown in like 4 minutes off turnovers. Both teams are great it’s just frustrating as an Edgewood fan to see. Over the past 6-7 years we have had multiple football teams that could’ve made 3 rounds that were ruined in the 2nd round because of coaching errors and play calling. Same in basketball, knocked out in region finals because of our inability to get out of a zone and play man. Watching multiple classes not reach their highest potential is very frustrating.

• Crybaby 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

I’m an Edgewood fan. So let me first start of by saying congratulations to the De Kalb Bears on a hard fought win. You made plays when u had to-converted a 4th and 12 into a touchdown. Made a big stop defensively on a 4th down at midfield, that completely shifted the momentum of the game at that point. Capitalized on EW mistakes. 4 turnovers. One of which was a pick 6. So yes I completely give the nod to De Kalb. But let’s not act like De Kalb pounded EW. I’m pretty sure if u check the stats the yardage totals might surprise u. And as far as physicality, there was about an equal amount of players laying on the turf from both sides throughout the game. So how about show EW some respect as well. Our kids played hard and gave u a scare until the end. Two good teams. One made more plays. Credit to them. But to act like the other is trash shows your ignorance. Good luck in the next round, and the rest of the way. 

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

1 hour ago, crash3 said:

The pistol  was a formation created as a derivative of both the shotgun and single back offenses. Look it up. Maybe u can learn something too. 

I think Cannon was referring to the EW announcers commentary between beef jerky and real estate commercials on the radio broadcast.

Was there watching this game as a fan. Could not understand Edgewood's play calling after the 1st series. Swing pass was eating Dekalb up. You have to give it to Dekalb for making the play 4 and 1 at mid field. With the line EW had and 42 as running back. Why would you go wide. Was a heck of a game to watch.  Both teams had there chances. But Dekalb mad the plays that mattered. 

11 hours ago, RonChee said:

That didn’t trouble me as much as having to listen to them say “Dually”

Perhaps next time you can tune in to DekalbBearRadio.com since the play by play was so difficult for you to digest.

Great game, fun to call.  I’ll do my best to learn football before next year. 

Best of luck DeKalb. You have a heck of a football team. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 903Sports said:

Perhaps next time you can tune in to DekalbBearRadio.com since the play by play was so difficult for you to digest.

Great game, fun to call.  I’ll do my best to learn football before next year. 

Best of luck DeKalb. You have a heck of a football team. 

No, no. If DK had a radio station I am unsure that I could understand them. I enjoyed the EW announcers' excitement. I also thought it was neat that one them even had a son on the field. The commercials were very well done as well.

1 minute ago, RonChee said:

No, no. If DK had a radio station I am unsure that I could understand them. I enjoyed the EW announcers' excitement. I also thought it was neat that one them even had a son on the field. The commercials were very well done as well.

Thank you sir. It’s been a labor of love for sure. Games like last night make all the work worth it. 

BTW… People shouldn’t be too surprised when they hear biased announcers after typing “EdgewoodBulldogRadio” into their browser 😂.

Thanks again for the compliment. If DeKalb needs a radio crew next week. I know a crew that has the week off. 😀

• LOL! 1

13 hours ago, Cannon85 said:

Good job Dekalb!! Edgewood announcers please learn football in your 7th year!!

I’m sorry you didn’t enjoy the broadcast. We’ll study up and hopefully not let you down next time. Perhaps you could tag along and educate us next year if you’re willing.