BI-DISTRICT: Timpson vs. Groveton

RETIREDFAN1

Timpson vs. Groveton   

46 members have voted

1. 1. Bi-District

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, Bears8T9 said:

No worries Falcon….. not bashing you….. I talked with Bussey after the game and he seemed fine but I’m not his coach or a doctor….. my point was this 

3A Jefferson, Waskom, Dangerfield…. Joaquin and Garrison…. Every week I read a thread about how physical these teams are and were when they played the Bears……. 5-0 against those physical teams that’s got to say something right?

This has nothing to do with who is, was, or isn’t physical or even who anyone has played or who has beaten anybody ....  I was just concerned about him because of what I was told this morning from some people who seemed to know what they were talking about ... if you say he's fine, that’s great ...

3 hours ago, Bears8T9 said:

No worries Falcon….. not bashing you….. I talked with Bussey after the game and he seemed fine but I’m not his coach or a doctor….. my point was this 

3A Jefferson, Waskom, Dangerfield…. Joaquin and Garrison…. Every week I read a thread about how physical these teams are and were when they played the Bears……. 5-0 against those physical teams that’s got to say something right?

I get what you are saying but the team you will play in the semi final would beat them as well. 

10 hours ago, Wolfman said:

I get what you are saying but the team you will play in the semi final would beat them as well. 

Don't sleep on Cville like ive done. I knew they were good, but after the mudhole stomping they gave us last week im telling you that team right there has a very good chance of going to Jerry World in december. They are legit. Gonna be a barn burner Rd.3 matchup between them and Timpson!

3 hours ago, GATA18 said:

Don't sleep on Cville like ive done. I knew they were good, but after the mudhole stomping they gave us last week im telling you that team right there has a very good chance of going to Jerry World in december. They are legit. Gonna be a barn burner Rd.3 matchup between them and Timpson!

Yeah they were legit last year when we manhandled them 48-14 

Two different teams I know but down discount those Bears because of a couple close games 

1 minute ago, Bears8T9 said:

Yeah they were legit last year when we manhandled them 48-14 

Two different teams I know but down discount those Bears because of a couple close games 

Definitely two different teams man CC beat that Centerville team from last season and look what they done to us last week.. A year of getting better and offseason training does wonders in that program they'll be coming wide open at ya I promise. Im not saying they gonna blow yall out or nothing don't get me wrong but they have improved even from their squad last season. And i wouldnt dare down the bears yall are legit!

8 hours ago, GATA18 said:

Sorry man but them beating Corrigan like that doesn’t make them great.  Corrigan had an easy schedule.  I don’t think corrigan is as good as you think they are.  

26 minutes ago, Wolfman said:

Sorry man but them beating Corrigan like that doesn’t make them great.  Corrigan had an easy schedule.  I don’t think corrigan is as good as you think they are.  

If that's your opinion I respect it, but you will remember what I said come Rd.3👀

27 minutes ago, Wolfman said:

I also got jumped comparing CC's pre district to Cville's. Everybody was talking about how great they were because of who they played and they go and blow out CC and now they aren't that great? SMH lol yall will see...

4 hours ago, Wolfman said:

I have a serious question brother.. if something happens and we show up and beat garrison Friday night in Henderson..  will that finally count as a good win for CC..  or will everyone downgrade it because garrison is a 3rd seed…?  Like I said this is a serious question 

Edited by corrigancamden09
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

We played Groveton 4 years in a row and I haven’t seen anything that resembled dirty play from them. 

On thing I'd say bad about them is some loud mouth in the stands screaming for kids to get up when they where down with injuries. Other than that they've always been very classy.

On 11/6/2022 at 8:25 PM, Wolfman said:

Timpson has a really talented team capable of winning a State Championship.  Don't be so bold as to say another team will accomplish what they achieved by beating good teams. What is the schedule of this semifinal opponent? You have absolutely No Clue what you're talking about. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, corrigancamden09 said:

I have a serious question brother.. if something happens and we show up and beat garrison Friday night in Henderson..  will that finally count as a good win for CC..  or will everyone downgrade it because garrison is a 3rd seed…?  Like I said this is a serious question 

My friend probably not to tell you the truth. If CC wins there will be excuses to downgrade it. Like "starters being out" Garrison is a 3 seed" "Centerville still blew yall out" Stuff like that. And if something happens and we manage to win AND beat Cooper in RD.2 Lord help us if CC winds up on the field with Joaquin or Beckville in the 3rd round, cause everybody and their third cousins in Shelby and Panola Counties will be screaming how trash we are and how much we don't deserve to be on the same field as them. But that's a lot of what ifs. CC needs to focus on this game and this game alone. CC could beat the Dallas Cowboys and still wouldn't get any credit🤣

Edited by GATA18

11 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

We played Groveton 4 years in a row and I haven’t seen anything that resembled dirty play from them. 

Maybe a change of style as of late. CC hasn't played them before this season since 15 so it's possible! But purposely rolling ankles,cheap low shots, eye gouging etc. is a lil dirty in my book🤣

• Thumbs Down 1

4 hours ago, GATA18 said:

My friend probably not to tell you the truth. If CC wins there will be excuses to downgrade it. Like "starters being out" Garrison is a 3 seed" "Centerville still blew yall out" Stuff like that. And if something happens and we manage to win AND beat Cooper in RD.2 Lord help us if CC winds up on the field with Joaquin or Beckville in the 3rd round, cause everybody and their third cousins in Shelby and Panola Counties will be screaming how trash we are and how much we don't deserve to be on the same field as them. But that's a lot of what ifs. CC needs to focus on this game and this game alone. CC could beat the Dallas Cowboys and still wouldn't get any credit🤣

I don’t know that CC has ever played Beckville, but you played Joaquin a home and home in 2018-19 and went 0-2. That said, both games were very competitive and we would expect nothing less if we get the chance to meet up with you this season. Also, beating the Cowboys is probably less of an accomplishment than beating Joaquin, Timpson, Beckville or Centerville. Tru storie!

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1