BI-DISTRICT: Timpson vs. Groveton

RETIREDFAN1

Timpson vs. Groveton   

46 members have voted

1. 1. Bi-District

This poll is closed to new votes

19 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

I don’t know that CC has ever played Beckville, but you played Joaquin a home and home in 2018-19 and went 0-2. That said, both games were very competitive and we would expect nothing less if we get the chance to meet up with you this season. Also, beating the Cowboys is probably less of an accomplishment than beating Joaquin, Timpson, Beckville or Centerville. Tru storie!

That is probably true 🤣 And not that I can recall I don't believe CC has ever played Beckville! And im pretty sure CC went to Joaquin in 18 I could be wrong! Im pretty sure both of those games only lasted about an hour that was back when CC run the wing t🤣 But yes CC v. either would be a battle although Beckville would prolly be a better matchup for CC due to style of play. CC gonna have to get a lot tougher against the power run to duke it out with you guys. I see you guys getting the best of Beckville this time around though...

6 minutes ago, GATA18 said:

That is probably true 🤣 And not that I can recall I don't believe CC has ever played Beckville! And im pretty sure CC went to Joaquin in 18 I could be wrong! Im pretty sure both of those games only lasted about an hour that was back when CC run the wing t🤣 But yes CC v. either would be a battle although Beckville would prolly be a better matchup for CC due to style of play. CC gonna have to get a lot tougher against the power run to duke it out with you guys. I see you guys getting the best of Beckville this time around though...

The 2019 game was at home for CC and it was the best game out of the two!  Joaquin won 16 to 14

Edited by corrigancamden09
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, GATA18 said:

My friend probably not to tell you the truth. If CC wins there will be excuses to downgrade it. Like "starters being out" Garrison is a 3 seed" "Centerville still blew yall out" Stuff like that. And if something happens and we manage to win AND beat Cooper in RD.2 Lord help us if CC winds up on the field with Joaquin or Beckville in the 3rd round, cause everybody and their third cousins in Shelby and Panola Counties will be screaming how trash we are and how much we don't deserve to be on the same field as them. But that's a lot of what ifs. CC needs to focus on this game and this game alone. CC could beat the Dallas Cowboys and still wouldn't get any credit🤣

No disrespect to you or cc but respect is earned not given. Cc hasn't earned it yet.

4 minutes ago, corrigancamden09 said:

And with all respect..  if we win Friday night we still won’t get it ..  that’s how it’s always been with CC

I understand.  I am not saying cc doesn't beat Garrison. It's the playoffs and anything can happen. 

18 minutes ago, WildBear said:

No disrespect to you or cc but respect is earned not given. Cc hasn't earned it yet.

@corrigancamden09 already told you but I definitely second that CC has never had any kind of respect. Even in years like 2013 where we went 13-1 and were a 2pt. conversion away from going to the semis, I remember the disrespect dished out to CC that year. That's just year in and year out for CC I don't understand it but I guess it is what it is. We will find out who's who come friday for sure

21 minutes ago, WildBear said:

As well as a 23 year consecutive playoff streak from 96-20. 2 state titles, tons of playoff wins, and still no respect for CC

2 minutes ago, WildBear said:

I understand.  I am not saying cc doesn't beat Garrison. It's the playoffs and anything can happen. 

No sir that’s not what I’m arguing..  I know it’s a good chance we lose this game..   and it’s a good chance we win..

im just saying if we do win that most people still won’t give us credit for the win ..  I’m just trying to see what team we’d have to beat for it to be considered a good win if that makes any sense

3 minutes ago, GATA18 said:

As well as a 23 year consecutive playoff streak from 96-20. 2 state titles, tons of playoff wins, and still no respect for CC

I am speaking of this year. CC hasn't beat a team with a winning record this season. 

Yall do have a good football program no Question about it. And your playoff streak and state titles are impressive. 

4 minutes ago, WildBear said:

I am speaking of this year. CC hasn't beat a team with a winning record this season. 

Yall do have a good football program no Question about it. And your playoff streak and state titles are impressive. 

It has a long ways to go before it’s the program it used to be..  we was better at the wing T in my opinion 

2 minutes ago, corrigancamden09 said:

It has a long ways to go before it’s the program it used to be..  we was better at the wing T in my opinion 

Use the negativity as bulletin board material 😉

I think y’all can beat Garrison…

Edited by Bear9T1

25 minutes ago, Lion1996 said:

Something changed for garrison after the alto game. The coaches must’ve done a really good job to flip them from a decent team to what looks like a really good one. 

Both teams better come into this game ready! The CC and garrison game that is

Edited by corrigancamden09

5 hours ago, WildBear said:

Oh I know what your saying man completely this is 2022 the only year that matters right now. Just saying that CC has always caught major hate from the majority of people for some reason. 

Edited by GATA18

3 hours ago, Lion1996 said:

Something changed for garrison after the alto game. The coaches must’ve done a really good job to flip them from a decent team to what looks like a really good one. 

Garrison is always a little weird man. They are good no doubt but it seems like every year they have several very impressive games but then will drop one or two to teams they shouldn't have like Warren this year for example. Nonetheless they are always talented. 

On 11/7/2022 at 9:20 PM, KrookedWolfe said:

Timpson has a really talented team capable of winning a State Championship.  Don't be so bold as to say another team will accomplish what they achieved by beating good teams. What is the schedule of this semifinal opponent? You have absolutely No Clue what you're talking about. 

It’s been pretty clear that Region 3 hasn’t sniffed the state championship in years.  Timpson is really capable of winning but as I have seen first hand with SA 3 years in a row it takes a tough defense to play Shiner or Refugio.  I was saying that either of those teams would still beat the teams that Timpson has beaten.  

On 11/7/2022 at 7:31 PM, corrigancamden09 said:

I have a serious question brother.. if something happens and we show up and beat garrison Friday night in Henderson..  will that finally count as a good win for CC..  or will everyone downgrade it because garrison is a 3rd seed…?  Like I said this is a serious question 

Garrison is a good team.  Not a great one.  Although they are better than the majority of the teams Corrigan has played.  

11 hours ago, GATA18 said:

I respect CC but they haven’t really done anything recently.  What’s the furthest they have been In the playoffs recently?  

1 hour ago, Wolfman said:

I respect CC but they haven’t really done anything recently.  What’s the furthest they have been In the playoffs recently?  

Went to round 3 in 18, round 3 in 15, round 4 in 13, as far as the last 10 years go. 12,16,17,19,21 one and done in the 1st round, and lost in the 2nd in 14. Lots of playoff appearances just not quite enough to get back to Jerry World. Most recent teams that were good enough to do it would be 13 (lost in 4th rd to Waskom) or 06 (lost in 4th rd. to Mart) Every time CC has made it past that round 4 they have won state, the quarterfinals have been our booger for sure. I could ramble all day about other seasons we had little runs, but that's just super recent there.

Edited by GATA18