What Number One Seed will Fall to a Number 4?

blesseddaily

23 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Out of the 4 1 vs 4 games in AA D1 Region 3, I do not see a matchup where I think it is remotely likely. All of the 4 seeds in this region lend credibility to the whole “4 teams is too many” argument. Here are the matchups: 

Cooper (10-0) vs Hawkins (4-6)

Beckville (9-1) vs Rivercrest (4-6)

Timpson (10-0) vs West Hardin (3-7)

Centerville (8-2) vs Shelbyville (6-4)

I will go ahead and predict a running clock in the 4th quarter of all of these games. 

It will be Groveton playing Timpson. Groveton beat WH last night 43-0. Still a no contest game just letting you know!

29 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Out of the 4 1 vs 4 games in AA D1 Region 3, I do not see a matchup where I think it is remotely likely. All of the 4 seeds in this region lend credibility to the whole “4 teams is too many” argument. Here are the matchups: 

Cooper (10-0) vs Hawkins (4-6)

Beckville (9-1) vs Rivercrest (4-6)

Timpson (10-0) vs West Hardin (3-7)

Centerville (8-2) vs Shelbyville (6-4)

I will go ahead and predict a running clock in the 4th quarter of all of these games. 

Just for fun:

cooper by 45

beckville by 55

timpson by 70

centerville by 50

3 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

You are correct sir. Thank you. 

Yes sir your welcome. Honestly I believe i had Groveton figured wrong going into district. I predicted them to finish 5th and miss the playoffs, but to me They are a better team even than the 3 seed Leon, Leon just edged em out. If they are young then I believe they have more to build off of going into next season than Normangee,Leon or WH. The Indians had a few little speedsters! Still wont save them from the 70 point blowout Bussey and Co. are gonna dish out🤣

5 minutes ago, GATA18 said:

Yes sir your welcome. Honestly I believe i had Groveton figured wrong going into district. I predicted them to finish 5th and miss the playoffs, but to me They are a better team even than the 3 seed Leon, Leon just edged em out. If they are young then I believe they have more to build off of going into next season than Normangee,Leon or WH. The Indians had a few little speedsters! Still wont save them from the 70 point blowout Bussey and Co. are gonna dish out🤣

It took you long enough to figure that out 😂

• LOL! 1

12 minutes ago, Lion1996 said:

It took you long enough to figure that out 😂

Hey man if anything Leon shouldve been out, WH had em on the ropes! Just let it get away. Oh well tho that's how it goes! How are your Lions gonna fare in the playoffs my friend?

23 minutes ago, GATA18 said:

Hey man if anything Leon shouldve been out, WH had em on the ropes! Just let it get away. Oh well tho that's how it goes! How are your Lions gonna fare in the playoffs my friend?

I think we have a decent shot we are in y’all’s boat not playing anyone and not having to play a full game we will find out soon 

In 2A I say the best bets are these two in order

1. Riesel or Bosqueville (Tonight's game) beats Cayuga .  District 8 was just that tough.

2. Hico over Simms Bowie.  That district wiped out the Northeast Texas district last year.    Mart, Wortham , and Dawson easy victories .  Hico vs Simms Bowie goes either way.  

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Lion1996 said:

I think we have a decent shot we are in y’all’s boat not playing anyone and not having to play a full game we will find out soon 

Deweyville gonna put up any fight tonight? And I heard that. Us and Garrison gonna be one of the best 2v3 games I do believe. At least in region 3 

5 hours ago, BlahBlah said:

In 2A I say the best bets are these two in order

1. Riesel or Bosqueville (Tonight's game) beats Cayuga .  District 8 was just that tough.

2. Hico over Simms Bowie.  That district wiped out the Northeast Texas district last year.    Mart, Wortham , and Dawson easy victories .  Hico vs Simms Bowie goes either way.  

I don't see Cayuga or Simms Losing, but if Simms plays they way they did was Clarksville, Hico could win.

The easy one to say is Galveston Ball in 5A D1.

10-0 (assuming they won their last game), dominating Houston ISD but ridiculous score lines. But they’re about to go up against a a very strong district. Whomever it is, whether it’s Fulshear, Foster, etc, I’ll be shocked if they don’t get beat

1 minute ago, LoboFan07 said:

The easy one to say is Galveston Ball in 5A D1.

10-0 (assuming they won their last game), dominating Houston ISD but ridiculous score lines. But they’re about to go up against a a very strong district. Whomever it is, whether it’s Fulshear, Foster, etc, I’ll be shocked if they don’t get beat

They play Houston Wisdom tomorrow..... they'll be 10-0.....

• Like 1

2A-2 District 8

1. Collinsville

2. Santo

3. Muenster

4. Celeste

District 8 could go 4-0. District 7 ended in a three way tie for 1st. Seeding is

1. Windthorst

2. Archer City

3. Seymour

4. Haskell

4 seed Celeste only lost by 4 and 3 respectively, to Top 10 teams Collinsville and Santo. In Non-district District 8 5 seed Lindsay lost 29-20 to Seymour and Muenster beat Windthorst 31-13. Celeste won a playoff game in 2A-1 last year before dropping to D2 this year.

• Like 1

2AD1, R4; D14 4th place Ganado (7-3) from the Shiner/Refugio district has a decent chance of taking out D15 La Villa (8-2).  

Doesn't matter too much as neither of those teams are going to make any noise, but always good to win a playoff game as a 4th place team.

Edited by Everide2016