Bi-District Joaquin Rams (7-2) vs Jewett-Leon Cougars Friday, 11/11 7:00 pm Tomato Bowl in Jacksonville

trueblue82

Who gets to Round 2?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Cougars or Rams?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/12/2022 at 01:00 AM

RETIREDFAN1
This post was recognized by RETIREDFAN1!

trueblue82 was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 20 points.

The Joaquin rams will take on the Leon Cougars Friday night at the famous Tomato Bowl in Jacksonville, TX. The Rams will represent District 11 AA Division 1 as the #2 seed, while the Cougars will represent District 12 as the #3 seed. This is the first ever meeting between these teams, and to my knowledge, Joaquin’s first visit to the Tomato Bowl. The Rams definitely have the more impressive resume’, with their only two losses being to District 10 champion Beckville (9-1) (42-41) and District 11 champion #1 ranked Timpson (10-0) (25-22). The Cougars three wins came over Normangee (0-9), Groveton (2-8) and West Hardin (2-8). The Cougars run a variation of the spread offense and seem to make an effort to spread the ball around and reach some semblance of balance. They will need their best effort of the season to move the ball against a Ram defense that is only giving up 20 PPG through 9 games. The Ram defense is led by senior DE Maddox Hutchins and sophomore LB Dallon Jordan. On defense, the Cougars will definitely have their hands full dealing with the brutal Slot-T rushing attack of the Rams. The Rams are averaging over 400 yards rushing and 47 PPG, led by senior RBs Malik Stotts and Andre Brown and junior QB Gauge Jordan. Running behind an all senior front 7 led by Ethan Davis (6’1” 290#) and Colton Whitten (6’0” 260) the Rams will look to impose their will on the Cougar defense. On the rare occasion that they do pass, Jordan will be looking for Stotts as well as seniors Cole Bragg, Khoen Baker and junior Caleb Brooks. Can the Rams break their two-year streak of first round exits? Can the Cougars pull off one of the biggest upsets in round 1? 

• Like 2

Covered Timpson and Shiner at the Tomato Bowl. It's 100% improved and one of the sweetest venues I've been too. Plus there's a Burger King right across the street! That's important for a vegetarian. Try the Ultimate Whopper Trueblue82.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

39 minutes ago, Ramfanforever said:

Because you hate Joaquin or at least don't like them

Not true by a long shot!  Historically, when I pick against the Rams they win and win big!!  I have several friends in Joaquin.  One of my closest/life long friends works at the school.