Bi-District Joaquin Rams (7-2) vs Jewett-Leon Cougars Friday, 11/11 7:00 pm Tomato Bowl in Jacksonville

trueblue82

Who gets to Round 2?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Cougars or Rams?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/12/2022 at 01:00 AM

1 minute ago, upullinmychain said:

Well blue,here comes the boom,yall ready for it this time ol son?..hope so cause I'd like to see a rematch of yall and timp 👀

Who is this Timpson that you speak of? We are focused on some feral cats from northern Panola county. 

• LOL! 1

8 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Ol’ TRUEBLUE’s thoughts: the Tomato Bowl is a great place to take in a football game. I love how the restrooms and concession stand are right at the top of the home stands. Just a great overall experience. As far as the game itself, it was difficult to watch. The Rams stayed very close to our base offense, at least with the 1st unit on the field. Our first TD drive was literally a FB dive and a FB trap. Then we scored on our next three offensive snaps, with a scoop and score on defense thrown in for good measure. Our offensive stats probably won’t match the points, because we had some very short drives. We literally started two possessions inside their ten yard line. We started two more on their side of the fifty. Total domination on both sides of the ball. I think they finished the game with 4 first downs, and two of those were via penalty. It was a good night, and I’m pretty sure we got out of it healthy. I’ll post details on the area game with Beckville as soon as I get them. 

Congrats Joaquin on your Bi-District win. I can't wait for the game next week. It's always a good game when Beckville and Joaquin square up. We won by only 1 point earlier this year. Both teams have only got better as the season went on. Should be a intense game and fun to watch. 

27 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Who is this Timpson that you speak of? We are focused on some feral cats from northern Panola county. 

Is beckville still healthy?haven't heard of any body hurt over there other than the ordinary dings and bruises this time of the year..both at full strength would be nice at this stage of the season...something Joe knows nothing about in the past..lol 😂 

8 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Is beckville still healthy?haven't heard of any body hurt over there other than the ordinary dings and bruises this time of the year..both at full strength would be nice at this stage of the season...something Joe knows nothing about in the past..lol 😂 

I’ve put in a call to the folks at Rivercrest, but they ain’t answering their phone. 

27 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Beckville is healthy and looking good. We're only missing one player due to a broken leg at the Timpson game. 

11 hours ago, Destry said:

There is something called respect or professional courtesy in the coaching profession, ever heard of it?

Too many teams in the playoffs.  If uil allows them in, run the score up.  You’re in the playoffs, that should mean you can put up the fight.  This is on the uil

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

Too many teams in the playoffs.  If uil allows them in, run the score up.  You’re in the playoffs, that should mean you can put up the fight.  This is on the uil

For the record, there was no effort to run the score up last night. From my vantage point, one team really wants to have a deep playoff run and the other didn’t even want to be there. Joaquin started subbing in JV kids midway through the 2nd quarter and slowing the game down tremendously. 1st defense played about half the third quarter and the younger kids took it from there. I’m not a proponent of the “4 is too many” train of thought. You can look around the state this weekend and see several 1 seeds airing up the round balls. Round 1 is where the cream rises. There will be some really good games this next week. 

1 hour ago, trueblue82 said:

For the record, there was no effort to run the score up last night. From my vantage point, one team really wants to have a deep playoff run and the other didn’t even want to be there. Joaquin started subbing in JV kids midway through the 2nd quarter and slowing the game down tremendously. 1st defense played about half the third quarter and the younger kids took it from there. I’m not a proponent of the “4 is too many” train of thought. You can look around the state this weekend and see several 1 seeds airing up the round balls. Round 1 is where the cream rises. There will be some really good games this next week. 

Quite a few..both ways..winners and losers I mean,you know how it goes during dist people are hurt that return for bi dist and change the dynamic 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, trueblue82 said:

Didn’t want to be there…..uil has created a problem for what?  Money.  I wouldn’t have felt bad if Joaquin popped 100 on them.  This is on nobody but UIL. A coach shouldn’t have to try to not score in the playoffs.  

Edited by DB2point0

7 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Didn’t want to be there…..uil has created a problem for what?  Money.  I wouldn’t have felt bad if Joaquin popped 100 on them.  This is on nobody but UIL. A coach shouldn’t have to try to not score in the playoffs.  

This I completely agree with.

• Like 1

On 11/12/2022 at 12:14 PM, DB2point0 said:

Remember in ‘08 when Tatum fans whined so hard, because SS got one more score on them in the first half to go into the locker room with 63 points?

Carthage scored 0 points in the second half in order to get tons of guys playing time and not run the score up yet Tatum fans whined for 8 years after that. 

6 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Remember in ‘08 when Tatum fans whined so hard, because SS got one more score on them in the first half to go into the locker room with 63 points?

Carthage scored 0 points in the second half in order to get tons of guys playing time and not run the score up yet Tatum fans whined for 8 years after that. 

How many teams went playoffs then?  3 I think.  And the one with largest enrollment went div1.