5A D1 R2 Bi-District: Longview vs Crosby

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (10-0) vs Crosby Cougars (6-4)  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Crosby in a close one
    • Crosby in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/12/2022 at 01:00 AM

1 hour ago, Mr. P said:

Co-sign. We have winless teams who come in acting like we're their Super Bowl (at least, for the first quarter). We've got programs in completely different classifications talking noise about us like we're archrivals even though a matchup is a virtual impossibility.

Longview always gets everyone's best game. There's nothing new about that. Lobos vs. Everybody. 

Cowbell will be ringing. #PoundTheRock #CodeRed #CCTakeover 

Crosby 24

Longview 17

• Like 3
  • LOL! 1
  • Confused 1
  • Grumpy 1

3 minutes ago, Cougar239 said:

Crosby 24

Longview 17

I like the enthusiasm. I know many of us have watched Crosby's games this year. Can you tell us who we should be watching for from Crosby? How you think you guys can pull this off? Have you watched any of Longview's games? (no sarcasm, just conversation)

Edited by kingwolf
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Goatboy said:

The fact that NFHS/TexanLive gets the rights to any playoff games that they want dates back to the 2014 agreement by the UIL to allow for streaming video of post season games. (WHEN NO GAMES WERE BEING LIVE STREAMED AT ALL)

That decision was made pre-Covid and before UIL opened the door for companies like Longview Gameday to live stream the games on Friday nights.  

Now that the state has allowed for live streaming of games, (and some companies  and/or schools are streaming their own games all season) the UIL no longer has any reason to hand off the rights to the playoff games to 3rd parties that have not been involved all season long. In effect NFHS and TexanLive are swooping in, using the home schools' video feed and charging fans to watch their team's games - when they watched them for free all season.

It looks like it's time for UIL to revisit that exclusive cherry-picking arrangement that they gave to NFHS and allow school districts that already have their own live streamed games to continue to air their own games. (WIth the exception of the state championship games - which Balley Sports owns the rights to)

Just my two cents worth.

thank-you-the-office.gif

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, WolverBean said:

Texanlive their payment plans r dumb lol $10.95 a month for unlimited games or day pass for $10 🤣 what 

Yea that doesn’t make much sense. On the brightside, 20 bucks will allow you to watch a ton of playoff games between now and the championship games. 

55 minutes ago, kingwolf said:

I like the enthusiasm. I know many of us have watched Crosby's games this year. Can you tell us who we should be watching for from Crosby? How you think you guys can pull this off? Have you watched any of Longview's games? (no sarcasm, just conversation)

I've watched all the games that were meaningful. In all honesty I think Longview wins. Their strength (running the ball) is Crosby's weakness (stopping the run). Plus in my opinion, LV has the better D of the two. Tatum is nice! LV quarterback isn't nothing special. And Hale everyone knows is top notch. I'm just stirring the pot. It's all fun in football. Good luck Friday.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Cougar239 said:

Crosby 24

Longview 17

Did you get confused with Longview Pine Tree or Longview Spring Hill? Outsiders get both of those mixed up on paper but never on the gridiron.

Edited by Mojo1000
  • LOL! 2

53 minutes ago, Cougar239 said:

I've watched all the games that were meaningful. In all honesty I think Longview wins. Their strength (running the ball) is Crosby's weakness (stopping the run). Plus in my opinion, LV has the better D of the two. Tatum is nice! LV quarterback isn't nothing special. And Hale everyone knows is top notch. I'm just stirring the pot. It's all fun in football. Good luck Friday.

Oh nm I saw you came to your senses.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cougar239 said:

Strike first, strike fast, no mercy. Tell em how they look terrible in green and those tall trees block the taco bell sign. Let em have it. 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 4

23 hours ago, RogerDorn said:

had a feeling it might happen kinda early with LV being ranked #1 throughout the year....hate that tbh , glad I can at least watch the game but not close to being the same as gameday imo

Has it been decided for sure that Texan Live has taken on the rights to stream this weeks game?

2 hours ago, AledoAlumni said:

Strike first, strike fast, no mercy. Tell em how they look terrible in green and those tall trees block the taco bell sign. Let em have it. 

More like it blocks Bubba's and Canes. 

Edited by LOBOFAN84
  • Like 1

Yes and FWIW...Slim Chickens is "still open" AND Chuy's is coming soon (supposedly opening in December) where the Red Robin Burger closed earlier this year !

There you have it...now back to the topic at hand !

Expect Longview to advance as they're simply loaded for bear and will be too much for the visitors from Crosby !

GoLobos !!

R.J.

• Like 3