5A D1 R2 Bi-District: Longview vs Crosby

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (10-0) vs Crosby Cougars (6-4)  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Crosby in a close one
    • Crosby in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/12/2022 at 01:00 AM

Our regular season agreements with ISD we do a revenue share, Crosby ISD is one of the districts we contract with, this is why TexanLive is doing Crosby-Longview

Playoffs is different, there's a pecking order on rights that starts with Bally, then NFHS, then Texan Live. Those agreements obviously differ from the regular season, UIL gets the sublicensing fee then the rest of the income (if there is any after you've paid your overhead is the providers to keep). 

Don't expect the UIL to EVER give up rights to playoffs games. NCAA won't give up the rights to March Madness so the UIL won't give it up, a lot of the football money generated by the UIL basically funds a lot of the activities that dont turn a profit. (One-act play, UIL academics, sports that dont draw well, band etc)

Edited by MattStepp
  • Like 8

12 hours ago, MattStepp said:

Our regular season agreements with ISD we do a revenue share, Crosby ISD is one of the districts we contract with, this is why TexanLive is doing Crosby-Longview

Playoffs is different, there's a pecking order on rights that starts with Bally, then NFHS, then Texan Live. Those agreements obviously differ from the regular season, UIL gets the sublicensing fee then the rest of the income (if there is any after you've paid your overhead is the providers to keep). 

Don't expect the UIL to EVER give up rights to playoffs games. NCAA won't give up the rights to March Madness so the UIL won't give it up, a lot of the football money generated by the UIL basically funds a lot of the activities that dont turn a profit. (One-act play, UIL academics, sports that dont draw well, band etc)

It is my understanding that UIL doesn't fund any of those other activities until they compete at the State level.  Everything else all the way from District to Region is funded by the participating school districts.  Longview for instance pays $3500 into the pool with the other schools in their non-football district to pay for the District Academic UIL competition. 

Either way, those events existed before 2014 and UIL didn't have the revenue from the streaming video rights of football games to be able to fund them - except for State Championship week through FS1.

I assume that the price of overhead for TexanLive to do the Crosby game will include payment to LISD for using their video feed - after all the fans of Longview football have to plunk down $10.99 to watch the game this week.  

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Goatboy said:

It is my understanding that UIL doesn't fund any of those other activities until they compete at the State level.  Everything else all the way from District to Region is funded by the participating school districts.  Longview for instance pays $3500 into the pool with the other schools in their non-football district to pay for the District Academic UIL competition. 

Either way, those events existed before 2014 and UIL didn't have the revenue from the streaming video rights of football games to be able to fund them - except for State Championship week through FS1.

I assume that the price of overhead for TexanLive to do the Crosby game will include payment to LISD for using their video feed - after all the fans of Longview football have to plunk down $10.99 to watch the game this week.  

I guarantee the broadcasters will be a step down from Chuck Zach w/ Longview Gameday. But TexanLive is a step up from NFHS. There should be a minimum standard for obtaining a contract.

Crush Crosby.

Edited by bordertown
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Goatboy said:

Correct it funds events at the state level....UIL has to release a yearly financial audit and you can see which events lose money overall and which ones make money. The surplus (almost of which is football) covers the losses in the other activities

If Longview ISD asks for payment for the feed obviously they'd need to be paid for it, or a seperate camera guy would need to be sent...in this case they are sending a camera operator to Longview...so I would assume TL won't bet plugging into the LISD feed....

Edited by MattStepp
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, bordertown said:

I guarantee the broadcasters will be a step down from Chuck Zach w/ Longview Gameday. But TexanLive is a step up from NFHS. There should be a minimum standard for obtaining a contract.

Crush Crosby.

I'll say this Chase Snyder is a dang good young play by play guy...he's already doing stuff for ESPN + he obviously won't know Longview as well as the Longview guys but I've worked with Chase on games...he prepares well and will do a good job

1 minute ago, MattStepp said:

I'll say this Chase Snyder is a dang good young play by play guy...he's already doing stuff for ESPN + he obviously won't know Longview as well as the Longview guys but I've worked with Chase on games...he prepares well and will do a good job

I’ve never heard Chase obviously, but I’ve heard good things about him just from viewing Twitter.

I am so glad it’s not the guy that usually does Crosby/8-5A games cause man alive…that guy has not a clue to what is going on.

Shared from the 6A board: 

Only someone who's been watching late, late 2000s John King thinks the weather is a problem for Longview. I'm of the mind that it plays right into his hands. King loves to go power on power with inside runs and methodical drives that wear out the d-line. Oh sure, he's embraced the modern Spread concepts out of necessity, but it's not his happy place. King wants to beat you up in the trenches, on both sides of the ball. If both teams' perimeter speed is hampered by wet surfaces, he's got you right where he wants you. I think Longview wins by a clear margin, but it won't be gaudy. The clock will run. Something like 33-16.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

If it stays like this weather wise, it’ll be a win. 

The heavy rain probability will be further South (after 5pm) heading forward into the night !

Now that doesn't necessarily mean that Longview, Texas will be all in the clear for the precipitation to totally come to an end BUT it should be mostly cloudy with a cool evening and a cool North wind as "Game time" approaches !

With THAT being said... GoLobos !!

R.J.