Chapel Hill vs Livingston

Stankylegg

Chapel Hill vs Livingston  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Round #1 - Bi-District Champion

This poll is closed to new votes

6 minutes ago, Stankylegg said:

The time it takes to move the ball down the field does not equate to the cost of the score.  That cost is more accurately associated with who screwed up/got beat/gave the most effort.   CH hustles down field, the WRs always get after the secondary blocking for their teammates.

In the business world it’s called return on investment, and just because the return is realized quicker for CH’s style offense than Liv’s doesn’t mean it’s cheap.  

On the fake punt that was intercepted.   IF we are calling that a cheap TD, then if Livingston would have converted would that have been cheap?

Point is, it was a dumb call, imo.  Sure, if it worked - oh, great play - genius call.  If you’re not familiar with “cheap TD’s”, I’ll attempt to explain it.  If you call the play, it’s your intention.  Planned.  Practiced.  A great defensive play, interception for a TD, was certainly not planned, but it happened, ergo, “cheap TD”.  Btw, will take a cheap TD anytime, anywhere, lol.

5 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Point is, it was a dumb call, imo.  Sure, if it worked - oh, great play - genius call.  If you’re not familiar with “cheap TD’s”, I’ll attempt to explain it.  If you call the play, it’s your intention.  Planned.  Practiced.  A great defensive play, interception for a TD, was certainly not planned, but it happened, ergo, “cheap TD”.  Btw, will take a cheap TD anytime, anywhere, lol.

Even still, that was one, so where are the other cheap TDs?

3 minutes ago, Stankylegg said:

After halftime, when the CH starters were playing on defense, Livingston was virtually shut down.  When the CH starters were playing on offense they only had 2 scoreless drives (1 punt & 1 TO in the red zone).  CH had a blowout, 4 score lead and chose to pull a bunch of players out of the game.

Don’t blame the CHill Coaches.  I was simply referring to basing judgements on scores of other games.  When folks outside D9 & 10 see that score, wow.  You & I know it doesn’t matter, but others will be quick to say, “District of Doom”?  Their champ only beat lowly Livingston by 9.

3 minutes ago, Stankylegg said:

Even still, that was one, so where are the other cheap TDs?

I posted them.  A punt from deep in their on territory that may have been for minus yardage - gift.  And CHill started the game with an onside kick.  Bam, CH did it again and recovered.  Not sure if it turned into a TD.  Got mad and cut it off.

• LOL! 1

7 hours ago, Hagar said:

Don’t blame the CHill Coaches.  I was simply referring to basing judgements on scores of other games.  When folks outside D9 & 10 see that score, wow.  You & I know it doesn’t matter, but others will be quick to say, “District of Doom”?  Their champ only beat lowly Livingston by 9.

false since of security:BS:

• LOL! 1

HS football is all about how the two teams matchup with each other. Did CH pull their starters to quick maybe so but I'm not the coach for CH just my opinion I think they pulled them a little too quick. But hey the CH coach would rather have his under classman getting experience playing a playoff game rather than worrying about winning by 3 or 4 TD's. His decision may pay off in the long run with getting those younger kids live snaps

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Hagar said:

And that’s perfectly fine for them the think whatever they please. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Hagar said:

I posted them.  A punt from deep in their on territory that may have been for minus yardage - gift.  And CHill started the game with an onside kick.  Bam, CH did it again and recovered.  Not sure if it turned into a TD.  Got mad and cut it off.

All of those go both ways.  The CH defense held the 3 & out that cause that punt.  CH doesn’t need a short field to score.  The onside kick that wasn’t recovered result in Livingston having a short field to their first score, so was that a cheap score?   Or the fumble by the backup CH QB that allowed Liv to gain possession in the red zone?   Was that a cheap score?

I’m not mad about any of this.  I’m just saying that it’s all part of the game and it goes both ways usually. 

Edited by Stankylegg

1 hour ago, WhoamI97539 said:

HS football is all about how the two teams matchup with each other. Did CH pull their starters to quick maybe so but I'm not the coach for CH just my opinion I think they pulled them a little too quick. But hey the CH coach would rather have his under classman getting experience playing a playoff game rather than worrying about winning by 3 or 4 TD's. His decision may pay off in the long run with getting those younger kids live snaps

Yeah, I think you’re right. as stanky said earlier, the goal is play 16 games for CHill. That changes your approach as far as minutes and resting your personnel. I know when we went 16 2 years ago, by game 16 jordan Jenkins was DONE. We had beat that poor kid into submission. He had to be helped off the field after the state semis against LBJ. He was done. Didn’t have much left. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Stankylegg said:

All of those go both ways.  The CH defense held the 3 & out that cause that punt.  CH doesn’t need a short field to score.  The onside kick that wasn’t recovered result in Livingston having a short field to their first score, so was that a cheap score?   Or the fumble by the backup CH QB that allowed Liv to gain possession in the red zone?   Was that a cheap score?

I’m not mad about any of this.  I’m just saying that it’s all part of the game and it goes both ways usually. 

Difference is, CHill could afford mistakes and still win.  Livingston would’ve had to play to perfection to keep it close.