Chapel Hill vs Livingston

Stankylegg

Chapel Hill vs Livingston  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Round #1 - Bi-District Champion

This poll is closed to new votes

CH did an okay job defending the midline.

I would have the ends fully commit to crashing in and taking away that dive instead of trying to play both directions, the Liv offense won’t be able to move the ball anymore as long as the play side LB comes hard on the QB. And the backside stays aware of the disguised misdirection, option, sneaky junk.

I would not punt the ball again.   Ahead by multiple scores against a team that wants to eat the clock and play 4yds at a time.  Even if you don’t convert, they eat up clock trying to score, so they hang themselves. 

The offense needs to get in a rhythm.  The first step in doing that would be to cinch up the right edge.  There is a defender shooting around that edge with ears pinned back almost every play.  A couple of times the right-tackle just got beat, other times he was running the rusher down field, but Brisbon was backing right into his path.  If Brisbon steps up, he can take off and have tons of space between the right-guard and right-tackle.  I would run a couple QB draws right into that space the defender is vacating.  RB out of the backfield is wide open on pass plays.  The secondary is zoned in on the WRs and nobody…. NOBODY is accounting for Stewart.    If he could chip that weak side edge rusher on his way out of the backfield and run a little swing or wheel route where he can catch the ball in stride it would be a TD.  

Livingston is committed to penetration on the outside and sending help outside quickly.  A  I’ve counter play might do well against that over pursuit.

CH will make some adjustments and should be able to score 3-4 more TDs.  I will be disappointed if CH 1st team gives up any more scores.