5A DIVISION II BI-DISTRICT: Crandall (8-2) Vs. Marshall (6-4)

Mavchamp

Crandall Vs. Marshall  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

• Crandall in a close one
    • Marshall in a close one
    • Crandall in a blowout
    • Marshall in a blowout

This poll is closed to new votes

It was a bad call. But out time management on the last drive was horrendous. 

We were at the Crandall 20 with 1:04 left in the game.  That’s plenty of time to score. 

Either throw it or kick the FG   Esp after we were inside the 10  

Odd call.   Tough pill to swallow  

————-

Overcame a 14 point deficit several times tonight.  These guys never gave up. 

Really proud of these guys 

Watched online. What a game! Both teams just refused to go down. Man, Crandall had to get a scoop and score to beat us (JAX) in Week 3, 43-37 at Tomato Bowl. Their QB has really improved since our game. #7 is is still a beast, OU commit. Congratulations to Crandall, gritty win. Marshall will be a force under Alvarez. Good season Mavs. 

You either throw a fade to 6'4" Jacory Smith then kick the fg or just go ahead and kick it. Our kicker hadnt missed an extra point all night and that was what it was basically. My brother had another good point, after the first down to get it down there we should have spiked it with the clocked stopped and saved that time out. The players deserved to win that game and the coaches stole it from them 

13 minutes ago, The Real Mavfan said:

You either throw a fade to 6'4" Jacory Smith then kick the fg or just go ahead and kick it. Our kicker hadnt missed an extra point all night and that was what it was basically. My brother had another good point, after the first down to get it down there we should have spiked it with the clocked stopped and saved that time out. The players deserved to win that game and the coaches stole it from them 

Agree 100%.

2nd time in 5 years Marshall loses a playoff game by 1 point because a coach won’t kick a FG/PAT. 

2018 region semis and tonight.

—————

What really cost us this game?  

Bad tackling. All. Night. Long. 

Letting them off the hook of a 2nd and 26 in the final mins is just….. no.

Defense was 10000 times better in the second half.  But the first half was just….. terrible. 

6 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

2nd time in 5 years Marshall loses a playoff game by 1 point because a coach won’t kick a FG/PAT. 

2018 region semis and tonight.

—————

What really cost us this game?  

Bad tackling. All. Night. Long. 

Letting them off the hook of a 2nd and 26 in the final mins is just….. no.

Defense was 10000 times better in the second half.  But the first half was just….. terrible. 

Man Mav. I thought y’all were gonna get this one. It was incredibly hard to watch that last play. Gut wrenching. I know all too well. 

1 minute ago, LufkinPack said:

Man Mav. I thought y’all were gonna get this one. It was incredibly hard to watch that last play. Gut wrenching. I know all too well. 

I’m sick. 
But on the bright side…. I’m thrilled with where we’re headed. 

I think we’re building something special. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

I’m sick. 
But on the bright side…. I’m thrilled with where we’re headed. 

I think we’re building something special. 

Yeah, gotta find the positives. I definitely think Marshall is headed in the right direction. Good to see the relevancy there again. How many starters return for ‘23?  

• Like 1