5A DIVISION II BI-DISTRICT: Crandall (8-2) Vs. Marshall (6-4)

Mavchamp

Crandall Vs. Marshall  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

• Crandall in a close one
    • Marshall in a close one
    • Crandall in a blowout
    • Marshall in a blowout

This poll is closed to new votes

6 hours ago, collincountyfootball1 said:

I went back to watch the live feed on YouTube, couldn’t see the time or score on the scoreboard. I have a slight understanding of what happened late. But did the Marshall back not fumble the ball to end the game? 

No, they ran and got stopped and couldn’t get lined up quickly enough to snap the ball, ran out of time.

It was pitiful. 

None of us know here why Coach made decisions he did. Could have been many different reasons. Coulda have been a kicking person ell reason.

After all we are just fans.

One thing is for certain the marshmellow mental toughness in Marshall will begin changing soon.

Was told… when the Mav player was stopped short… Crandall (accidentally/purposely I don’t know) kicked the ball before it was set. 

So there was a delay in it being set.

Not an excuse to us losing.  We had our chances.  But if the ball had been set quickly…. we probably could have run another play. 

2 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Was told… when the Mav player was stopped short… Crandall (accidentally/purposely I don’t know) kicked the ball before it was set. 

So there was a delay in it being set.

Not an excuse to us losing.  We had our chances.  But if the ball had been set quickly…. we probably could have run another play. 

If Crandall did that the refs really should’ve thrown a flag so the game couldn’t end on a defensive penalty and given Marshall one more play.

Still, you don’t run the ball into the center of the defense without any time outs in that situation, never.

Throw a fade where it’s a TD or falls incomplete and stops the clock then kick the game winning FG.

13 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

If Crandall did that the refs really should’ve thrown a flag so the game couldn’t end on a defensive penalty and given Marshall one more play.

Still, you don’t run the ball into the center of the defense without any time outs in that situation, never.

Throw a fade where it’s a TD or falls incomplete and stops the clock then kick the game winning FG.

Oh. I’m not excusing the play call. It was terrible. 

just saying there was a delay in the ball being set. 

IMHO…. We should have kicked the damn field goal. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

That why I said I was told… not I saw.  I’m aware how some people are. 

———-

Still blown away at the halftime adjustments. Giving up 41 points in the first half and then to hold them to 7 in the second…. 

———

So many “little things” that added up to this….. the two missed PAT’s.  The muffed punt that gave them a cheap score.  We had another really short punt.   The short kickoffs….their starting LOS was wayyy too generous.  Poor tackling…. Which is not something we’ve really struggled with.  That 3rd and 26 that became a 4th and 10 that they converted to a first down late in the game was just killer.  Our next to last drive we got down to the Crandall 30…. Four straight runs up the gut abd failed to get a first.  We had so much success on the outside. Why 4 in a row?   We convert that first and we get that score…. We’re up 13 with 3 mins to go. 

Lots of missed opportunities.  Mistakes by the players. Mistakes by the coaches.  Deplorable conditions. 

just gotta top your hat to Crandall and say good game.  

• Like 1

Marshall doesn’t win 6 games without this staff. Marshall doesn’t host a playoff game without this staff. Marshall doesn’t come back to make this game close without this staff. The play call was bad, but we can’t discount the other great things these kids and coaches did with limited depth and a new system this year. 

Edited by Maverick2000
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

It was a bad call. But out time management on the last drive was horrendous. 

We were at the Crandall 20 with 1:04 left in the game.  That’s plenty of time to score. 

Either throw it or kick the FG   Esp after we were inside the 10  

Odd call.   Tough pill to swallow  

————-

Overcame a 14 point deficit several times tonight.  These guys never gave up. 

Really proud of these guys 

Defense looked excellent in the 2nd half.  Allowing Crandall to run wild in the 1st half killed the Mavs.  

I did find myself thinking that the first time either of these teams played a defense with a pulse, they would get blown out.