Lindale vs Vidor  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Bi-District Champion

This poll is closed to new votes

The Lindale Eagles will face the Vidor Pirates at Merrill Green Stadium in Bryan, TX next Friday night.

Lindale has rebounded after a rough stretch against Chapel Hill and Kilgore (2 favorites in the region) and looked pretty good against athletic Palestine and J'ville teams. Lindale finishes the regular season 6-4 and the 3 seed in district 9-4A.

Vidor plays Splendora tonight and should come out with a win. Vidor will be 6-4 and is the 2 seed for district 10-4A.

Who ya got and why?

3 hours ago, Jakeelee05 said:

Lindale should win this one. That being said I don’t think it will be easy against that dang slot t. Our offense will probably score at will but the defense has got to play good. 

Agree with this 100%. Lindale D has to step up and hold Vidor under 24-28 points. The slot T will limit the number of possessions Lindale gets and if they turn it over a couple times and Vidor stops Lindale a couple times, it could spell trouble for Lindale. Lindale will be favored, but they are capable of losing this game too. 

RETIREDFAN1
This post was recognized by RETIREDFAN1!

Hagar was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 15 points.

2 hours ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

@Hagar what are your thoughts? Really enjoyed hearing your perspective last time we played you guys.

Are yall healthy?

Overall Vidor’s similar to last time we met.  Not as good as last year when the team was healthy (prior to playing CHill).  Fairly solid but no size & no breakaway speed.  Our pass Defense is weak, thus we must play “Hide the Pigskin”, from the Eagles offense.  As always, we’ll be depending on 75 yard drives for TD’s that eat up nine minutes off the clock.  If that doesn’t happen we’re in serious trouble.

Not sure how bad but our Sr FB/LB hurt his ankle in the Splendora game.  Never know with ankles.  Could be back 100% or could be in a cast.  Guy that took his place lit up the scoreboard last Friday, so offense is okay, but big “miss ya” on Defense if he can’t return.  Other than that, fairly healthy.

After losing first 3 games, they brought up some Sophs.  One is a wing back that probably weighs a Buck 30 but the little fella has heart.  Seen him tote a couple of guys 2 or 3 yards.  Still rarely throw (City ordinance against the forward pass, lol).

How are the Eagles health wise?  The off week should’ve help some.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stankylegg said:

Vidor is like stepping back in time to watch a game. 

I know what you mean, lol.  Slot T is a love/hate offense.  Some hometown folks hate, some, like me, love it.  Maybe because I’m old, eyes aren’t so good, but half the time I’m following the wrong RB.  I’m watching the QB getting tackled at the line of scrimmage while the FB is running 20 yards up the middle with the football, lol..

• LOL! 1

23 hours ago, Hagar said:

Overall Vidor’s similar to last time we met.  Not as good as last year when the team was healthy (prior to playing CHill).  Fairly solid but no size & no breakaway speed.  Our pass Defense is weak, thus we must play “Hide the Pigskin”, from the Eagles offense.  As always, we’ll be depending on 75 yard drives for TD’s that eat up nine minutes off the clock.  If that doesn’t happen we’re in serious trouble.

Not sure how bad but our Sr FB/LB hurt his ankle in the Splendora game.  Never know with ankles.  Could be back 100% or could be in a cast.  Guy that took his place lit up the scoreboard last Friday, so offense is okay, but big “miss ya” on Defense if he can’t return.  Other than that, fairly healthy.

After losing first 3 games, they brought up some Sophs.  One is a wing back that probably weighs a Buck 30 but the little fella has heart.  Seen him tote a couple of guys 2 or 3 yards.  Still rarely throw (City ordinance against the forward pass, lol).

How are the Eagles health wise?  The off week should’ve help some.

Eagles are pretty healthy to my knowledge. Guys should be well rested after the bye week. Worked out nicely for Lindale with the bye week in week 10 and knowing who our playoff opponent would be. Hopefully we are ready to go this week! Looking forward to this matchup!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1