Lindale vs Vidor  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Bi-District Champion

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

Eagles are pretty healthy to my knowledge. Guys should be well rested after the bye week. Worked out nicely for Lindale with the bye week in week 10 and knowing who our playoff opponent would be. Hopefully we are ready to go this week! Looking forward to this matchup!

Me too.  We’re just happy to be invited to the dance.  Whichever wins will be in a great position in second round.  Not a cinch but winnable.  If we can just get passed those Eagles/Pirates (pick one, lol).  Still trying to get info on our FB/LB.  He broke a TD for 91 yards for Vidor’s second offensive play.   Hope he’s 100%.  Lost a Senior RB (Ricky Gall) forth game of season against Ltown - compound fracture of arm.  Next game QB wore #4 in tribute.  He was suited up Friday (Senior Night).  We got ball - went into victory - snap ball & gave it to him to take a knee.  Great moment.  Speaking of, when he got hurt, Pirates took a knee & started praying.  Whole Ltown team came on field & took knee also.  Few weeks later Ltown Coach came to VHS and he gave him a big pic of both teams praying for him.  How do you spell class?  That’s it.

D1E45D0A-C86C-41D5-B8AD-B7E03B3C4019.jpeg

Edited by Hagar
  • Like 4

I’m relying on Mo helping the Pirates.  After first 3 losses, they’ve turned in a 6-1 record  I still see Lindale as the favorite, but it could turn into a close contest.  All depends on Vidor’s offense.  Long time consuming, defense tiring, drives for TD’s is our best defense.  Those happen, we got ourselves a slugfest.  Those don’t happen - turn out the lights, the party’s over.  Maybe Lindale has a couple of turnovers.  That’d be a nice gesture, lol.  
☠️☠️☠️😂😂😂☠️☠️☠️

After the abysmal start by the Pirates, the only loss was 47-21 to Lumberton.  Lumberton ranks evenly with CHill & Kilgore.  CHill beat Lindale 79-45 (how they score 79?  Good grief), and Kilgore beat them 49-35.  Based on those scores it’s possible Vidor makes a game of it.  I certainly hope so.

57 minutes ago, Hagar said:

I’m relying on Mo helping the Pirates.  After first 3 losses, they’ve turned in a 6-1 record  I still see Lindale as the favorite, but it could turn into a close contest.  All depends on Vidor’s offense.  Long time consuming, defense tiring, drives for TD’s is our best defense.  Those happen, we got ourselves a slugfest.  Those don’t happen - turn out the lights, the party’s over.  Maybe Lindale has a couple of turnovers.  That’d be a nice gesture, lol.  
☠️☠️☠️😂😂😂☠️☠️☠️

After the abysmal start by the Pirates, the only loss was 47-21 to Lumberton.  Lumberton ranks evenly with CHill & Kilgore.  CHill beat Lindale 79-45 (how they score 79?  Good grief), and Kilgore beat them 49-35.  Based on those scores it’s possible Vidor makes a game of it.  I certainly hope so.

Just to be honest I don’t see Lumberton being on the same level as CH. I could see them matching up good with Kilgore but not CH. CH scored 79 points because Lindale’s defense just flat out couldn’t keep up with their speed. I truly believe CH could take the whole thing this year. Lindale did lose to Kilgore but that was mainly because Lindale came out flat in the first half and played catch up in the second half. Just didn’t have enough clock to completely come back 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jakeelee05 said:

Just to be honest I don’t see Lumberton being on the same level as CH. I could see them matching up good with Kilgore but not CH. CH scored 79 points because Lindale’s defense just flat out couldn’t keep up with their speed. I truly believe CH could take the whole thing this year. Lindale did lose to Kilgore but that was mainly because Lindale came out flat in the first half and played catch up in the second half. Just didn’t have enough clock to completely come back 

Your comment on CHill’s speed reminds me of something I heard an announcer say a couple of years ago.

“You can’t outrun speed”.  Lmto (Laugh My Tail Off).  Thought that was profound.  
☠️☠️☠️😂😂😂☠️☠️☠️

Edited by Hagar

IMHO this game is closer than people may think. I can see this  being a 31-27, 35-31 game. Maybe 28-24. Something like that. It will come down to mistakes. Who will make a couple turnovers OR get a few stops. And I think Lindale will be favored but by maybe 3 or 6. Possessions will be absolutely precious. 1 or 2 stops could decide this game. I bet lindale gets 6-7 possessions maximum. The thing that worries me is our defense can be run on and the slot-T is SO deceptive. Before you know it, a guy who you didn’t even know had the ball is 20 yards downfield. It’s just very hard to defend for a defense that is not particularly big or fast and has at times demonstrated a propensity to not wrap up and tackle hard. I’m sorry Eagle brothers, but this offense worries me when comparing it to our defense. It just does. As crazy as it sounds, it’s almost easier to game plan for El Crapo and Ruben sandwich because you know what they’re going to do. Give it to him and he’ll get whatever he can get and get out of bounds so he doesn’t have to take a hit. That’s at least straight forward. I’v got the eagles winning but this is a nail biter. It’s close all the way. Just MHO. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, LetsGoEagles said:

IMHO this game is closer than people may think. I can see this  being a 31-27, 35-31 game. Maybe 28-24. Something like that. It will come down to mistakes. Who will make a couple turnovers OR get a few stops. And I think Lindale will be favored but by maybe 3 or 6. Possessions will be absolutely precious. 1 or 2 stops could decide this game. I bet lindale gets 6-7 possessions maximum. The thing that worries me is our defense can be run on and the slot-T is SO deceptive. Before you know it, a guy who you didn’t even know had the ball is 20 yards downfield. It’s just very hard to defend for a defense that is not particularly big or fast and has at times demonstrated a propensity to not wrap up and tackle hard. I’m sorry Eagle brothers, but this offense worries me when comparing it to our defense. It just does. As crazy as it sounds, it’s almost easier to game plan for El Crapo and Ruben sandwich because you know what they’re going to do. Give it to him and he’ll get whatever he can get and get out of bounds so he doesn’t have to take a hit. That’s at least straight forward. I’v got the eagles winning but this is a nail biter. It’s close all the way. Just MHO. 

Great post.  I think Vidor has little chance of stopping the Eagles offense, thus back to the “hide the football” with the long time consuming drives.  It’s very possible this could be, as you suggested, a nail biter.  At least in that scenario the fans will get their money’s worth.  Both teams coming off two wins, so Mo may not be a factor.  Lindale in good health, Vidor in relatively good shape (again, depending on our FB/LB, which no one will report on).  May be some light rain.  That doesn’t help either team imo.  Can hurt Lindale’s passing and Vidor’s ball handling.  So Eagles, don’t drop the passes and Pirates don’t fumble the handoffs (fumbles were a big reason Vidor started 0-3.  You’d thought our RB’s were getting paid to throw the games, lol).

Must admit, I’m getting excited.  Man, football season goes by in the twinkling of the eye.  And again, whichever team wins, I’ll be pulling for them next week - Eagle blue & white or Pirate black & gold.  And I’ve sure enjoyed our posting.  Hope we continue the camaraderie until Friday evening.  
☠️☠️☠️🥇🥇🥇☠️☠️☠️

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Great post.  I think Vidor has little chance of stopping the Eagles offense, thus back to the “hide the football” with the long time consuming drives.  It’s very possible this could be, as you suggested, a nail biter.  At least in that scenario the fans will get their money’s worth.  Both teams coming off two wins, so Mo may not be a factor.  Lindale in good health, Vidor in relatively good shape (again, depending on our FB/LB, which no one will report on).  May be some light rain.  That doesn’t help either team imo.  Can hurt Lindale’s passing and Vidor’s ball handling.  So Eagles, don’t drop the passes and Pirates don’t fumble the handoffs (fumbles were a big reason Vidor started 0-3.  You’d thought our RB’s were getting paid to throw the games, lol).

Must admit, I’m getting excited.  Man, football season goes by in the twinkling of the eye.  And again, whichever team wins, I’ll be pulling for them next week - Eagle blue & white or Pirate black & gold.  And I’ve sure enjoyed our posting.  Hope we continue the camaraderie until Friday evening.  
☠️☠️☠️🥇🥇🥇☠️☠️☠️

Absolutely!! 

Hey Hagar I was looking on the SETX Sports website and saw you were talking about the affects of rain. I tried to login on that sight but it won’t let me for some reason but anyway I agree rain will affect the passing game but Lindale is much more run heavy. Don’t get me wrong we can definitely pass but Lindale lives by the run game. We have several great running backs but honestly our best runner is our qb. He is really good. 

Edited by Jakeelee05

11 hours ago, LetsGoEagles said:

I disagree. I think if Lindale can get a few stops...this could be a 3 score ballgame...or more. I'm not sure Vidor can stop our offense. I do think our defense can get a few stops.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jakeelee05 said:

Hey Hagar I was looking on the SETX Sports website and saw you were talking about the affects of rain. I tried to login on that sight but it won’t let me for some reason but anyway I agree rain will affect the passing game but Lindale is much more run heavy. Don’t get me wrong we can definitely pass but Lindale lives by the run game. We have several great running backs but honestly our best runner is our qb. He is really good. 

I didn't make it to the game in Jacksonville a few weeks ago...but I think it was pouring down the entire game. Our QB was named East Texas Player of the Week by CBS19 (i think) for that game. I don't think the rain would affect us too much.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

I disagree. I think if Lindale can get a few stops...this could be a 3 score ballgame...or more. I'm not sure Vidor can stop our offense. I do think our defense can get a few stops.

I think they CAN, just concerned about will they. The slot-T is a devil of an offense. We struggled with it in 2020 as well early on. Didn’t pull away until 3rd quarter. Good news is we gonna find out in a little over 72 hours. Go eagles! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

I didn't make it to the game in Jacksonville a few weeks ago...but I think it was pouring down the entire game. Our QB was named East Texas Player of the Week by CBS19 (i think) for that game. I don't think the rain would affect us too much.

That was week before against Palestine. 

Just now, GoodOleBoy73 said:

I think it may have been back to back weeks.

Wow, I missed that. I think that was maybe 2 different entities that awarded him in consecutive weeks. But either way, that kid is balling out. Almost 500 yards rushing in 2 games. Outstanding! As weird as it may sound, the thing I was most proud of in that Jax game was NO TURNOVERS. NO FUMBLES. That shows me they were absolutely dialed in. Lock in!!! They were focused on protecting the ball. Great job men! It was absolutely POURING at times there. Rained pretty much the entire game. 

11 minutes ago, LetsGoEagles said:

Wow, I missed that. I think that was maybe 2 different entities that awarded him in consecutive weeks. But either way, that kid is balling out. Almost 500 yards rushing in 2 games. Outstanding! As weird as it may sound, the thing I was most proud of in that Jax game was NO TURNOVERS. NO FUMBLES. That shows me they were absolutely dialed in. Lock in!!! They were focused on protecting the ball. Great job men! It was absolutely POURING at times there. Rained pretty much the entire game. 

I thought so. On Jacksonville's live stream it looked like it was coming down. Couldn't make it in the rain with my wife and her mother in law. Ended up staying at the house.

I will be in Bryan on Friday though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

Does neither school broadcast their games?

I know we don’t, which really surprises me. We broadcast 2 games a year. Don’t know why only 2. May be some sort of agreement we have with on the call (radio broadcast).  Don’t know. But it’s silly.