Region 3 district 11 vs district 12... best first round match ups in the state *UPDATED*

lionpride08

3 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

Franklin vs Halletsville @ Waller isd 7:30 Thursday

Hitchcock vs L-R Academy @ Waller isd 7:30 Friday

Cameron vs Yoakum Friday @ Bastrop Memorial stadium 7:30

Columbus vs Lorena TBA

Could there be an upset somewhere among this line up of games?

Just now, lionpride08 said:

I don't believe any team would be an upset because of how good each district is but if I had to pick it would be Little River over Hitchcock as the upset

I don't believe Hitchcock will lose imo just that is the only game that could be an upset. 

1 hour ago, lionpride08 said:

I don't believe Hitchcock will lose imo just that is the only game that could be an upset. 

The LRA/Hitchcock game is the interesting one in my opinion. 
LRA is suppose to be getting their running back, that was hurt earlier in the season back.  If LRA is healthy they’ll give Hitchcock all they’ll want. 
Biles will have Lorena well prepared for Columbus coming off of a bi-week.  
Franklin will handle Halletsville with that duo of D1 backs. 
Yoe/Yoakum part 2 maybe a more competitive game.  The first meeting was a pretty dominating performance by the Yoemen.  

1 hour ago, yoenation79 said:

The LRA/Hitchcock game is the interesting one in my opinion. 
LRA is suppose to be getting their running back, that was hurt earlier in the season back.  If LRA is healthy they’ll give Hitchcock all they’ll want. 
Biles will have Lorena well prepared for Columbus coming off of a bi-week.  
Franklin will handle Halletsville with that duo of D1 backs. 
Yoe/Yoakum part 2 maybe a more competitive game.  The first meeting was a pretty dominating performance by the Yoemen.  

Yes I was wondering with the Yoe vs Yoakum game... I was told Yoakum had 6-7 starters out the first meeting. Could be a good game. The first round in region 3 for the most part has really good games. Even Woodville vs East Chambers will be a good game they have a little rivalry.

• lionpride08 changed the title to Region 3 district 11 vs district 12... best first round match ups in the state *UPDATED*
1 hour ago, Dotot said:

Cameron vs Yoakum was rather close as weather played a major role. Throwing the ball in 20mph wind sucks when you rely on the passing game. 😬

I figured it played a role in the Lorena vs Columbus game and Hitchcock vs L-R Academy game as well... both Lorena and Hitchcock like to pass more then run

Guest Tiger03lb
2 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

I figured it played a role in the Lorena vs Columbus game and Hitchcock vs L-R Academy game as well... both Lorena and Hitchcock like to pass more then run

That wind was terrible. At one point the ref had to hold on to the ball so it wasn't blowing away on the field 😆. It was like mother nature said wait hold my beer, and bam went from 10/15 mph to 20/25 mph winds it seemed like in a blink of an eye. 

13 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

That wind was terrible. At one point the ref had to hold on to the ball so it wasn't blowing away on the field 😆. It was like mother nature said wait hold my beer, and bam went from 10/15 mph to 20/25 mph winds it seemed like in a blink of an eye. 

Did you watch the game on NFHS?

Guest Tiger03lb
20 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

Did you watch the game on NFHS?

No. Haven't gotten a chance to watch the game yet.

I was talking about our game in Corsicana. The way they designed the field you get the full force of the north wind. Nothing is blocking it. Lol

7 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

No. Haven't gotten a chance to watch the game yet.

I was talking about our game in Corsicana. The way they designed the field you get the full force of the north wind. Nothing is blocking it. Lol

That is how it was in Pflugerville last night for Lorena vs Columbus.

Guest Tiger03lb
4 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

That is how it was in Pflugerville last night for Lorena vs Columbus.

We had to kick into the wind in the 2nd qtr. We stopped doing after the 2nd time. Ball went up and striaght down around madison's 35/40 and we got a good kicker with a leg. Lol.