• Hallsville
    • Melissa

This poll is closed to new votes

31 minutes ago, OnTheClock said:

Hallsville vs Melissa @ Melissa HS

November 11, 2022

Tickets will be limited due to capacity of only 3176

Kickoff time: 7:30 p.m.

WTH???? Stadium total it just visitor’s side?

There are 3A stadiums bigger than that. 

• Like 1

Due to the tiny size of Melissa High Stadium if i'm doing the math right I'm thinking in the neighborhood of at least $30k + in lost ticket sales minimum. Yes, I understand that Melissa is building a larger stadium currently but should this really be the site for a 5A playoff game? This to me should be a major financial decision that schools should address. Maybe another venue would be more appropriate for this game to help pay for that 35 million dollar monstrosity under construction and other school needs etc.. Just a thought!

Melissa has always had talent now it seems the coaching is finally not losing games that otherwise should have been won.  They schemed LJ masterfully especially on defensive side so much that LJ’s offense was pretty ineffective.  If they can continue scheming at a high level Melissa can go very far because talent has never been an issue over last 4-5 years.  

I don’t know what the growth rate at Melissa is…. But that seems excessive for a single 5A school town. 

ISDs that build stadiums like that normally have 3-4 6A schools.  Are they anticipating that much growth? 

That place is going to be an over half empty echo chamber until they grow into it. 

• Like 1

Just curious & all jokes aside has anyone on this forum watched both teams in person? If so, I would like to hear your opinion on how the match ups in this game will be one sided. This season no team has fielded their second group on the Bobcats so this game should be very interesting shall that be the outcome. Anyways, Bobcats first group hasn't played 4 qtrs. since Oct 21st.. I'm looking forward to a great game!

6 minutes ago, TrumpisDump said:

When is the new stadium suppose to be built?

It’s under construction now. The press box tower is up & seating supports going in now. ETA on completion is April. The current stadium is at Melissa Middle School and the new stadium will be at Melissa High School which also has a current ongoing massive classroom expansion.

Edited by Texski

13 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

I don’t know what the growth rate at Melissa is…. But that seems excessive for a single 5A school town. 

ISDs that build stadiums like that normally have 3-4 6A schools.  Are they anticipating that much growth? 

That place is going to be an over half empty echo chamber until they grow into it. 

Melissa will end up a 6A within 6-10 years. May as well make it big. 

12 minutes ago, LetsGoEagles said:

Melissa will end up a 6A within 6-10 years. May as well make it big. 

I agree. If they are anticipating that much growth… more power to them. 

But most facilities that large are for districts with multiple 6A schools… McKinney, Denton, Cypress, etc 

Good on them though.  Nothing like that in Etx.