3A-D1 '22 Playoffs...

88YoePride

Guest Tiger03lb

There'll be a lot of good matchups each week. 

Region 1

Shallowater vs whitesboro

JN vs Bushland

Bushland vs Brock

Region 1 final

Shallowater vs Brock

Still think you gotta beat Brock to get out, so I'm going with Brock in Region 1

Region 2

Potts vs GV

West vs Koff

Region 2 final

Koff vs GV

Koff takes region 2

Region 3

Lorena vs Columbus 

Yoe vs Columbus 

Hitchcock vs Woodville 

Franklin vs Hitchcock 

Final 3 final

Columbus vs Franklin

This is a pick'em but if I had to choose Franklin

Note: I could see Hitchcock or Columbus taking down Franklin, imo

Region 4

Region 4 final

Llano vs Edna

I think Llano can win the region

Koff vs Franklin for the final, pick'em game. 

No, I'm not picking koff to make it cause I'm from Koff. I usually know by now how far we will go by now and this years team has a decent chance of making it if they play their game. 

Should be a fun year of games this post season. Good luck to everyone and safe travels to wherever you go. 

• Region 1
  • Shallowater vs Brock
    winner Brock in a close game

Region 2
    Malakoff vs Pottsboro
    Winner Malakoff

Region 3

Columbus vs Franklin

winner Franklin

Region 4 

Llano vs Edna

winner Edna

Malakoff vs Brock
    winner Malakoff

Edna vs Franklin
    winner Franklin

Malakoff vs Franklin
    pick'em but I hope its Malakoff

Edited by MHS77

On 11/7/2022 at 2:25 PM, Tiger03lb said:

There'll be a lot of good matchups each week. 

Region 1

Shallowater vs whitesboro

JN vs Bushland

Bushland vs Brock

Region 1 final

Shallowater vs Brock

Still think you gotta beat Brock to get out, so I'm going with Brock in Region 1

Region 2

Potts vs GV

West vs Koff

Region 2 final

Koff vs GV

Koff takes region 2

Region 3

Lorena vs Columbus 

Yoe vs Columbus 

Hitchcock vs Woodville 

Franklin vs Hitchcock 

Final 3 final

Columbus vs Franklin

This is a pick'em but if I had to choose Franklin

Note: I could see Hitchcock or Columbus taking down Franklin, imo

Region 4

Region 4 final

Llano vs Edna

I think Llano can win the region

Koff vs Franklin for the final, pick'em game. 

No, I'm not picking koff to make it cause I'm from Koff. I usually know by now how far we will go by now and this years team has a decent chance of making it if they play their game. 

Should be a fun year of games this post season. Good luck to everyone and safe travels to wherever you go. 

I would much rather play Hitchcock or Columbus then to play Lorena again if I had my pick

Guest Tiger03lb
    1 minute ago, lionpride08 said:

I would much rather play Hitchcock or Columbus then to play Lorena again if I had my pick

I could be wrong and lorena make it back to see you guys. Been wrong before.

I feel Columbus had a bad game vs Hitchcock. 

I throw in another team in Woodville too. 

I think the Columbus, Hitchcock, and Lorena games would be shootouts. 

Woodville low scoring. 

4 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

I could be wrong and lorena make it back to see you guys. Been wrong before.

I feel Columbus had a bad game vs Hitchcock. 

I throw in another team in Woodville too. 

I think the Columbus, Hitchcock, and Lorena games would be shootouts. 

Woodville low scoring. 

Woodville has a good team. What could hurt them against a team like Hitchcock is the passing attack which is something they don't see a lot of but if Woodville gets pressure in the trenches which is Hitchcock weakness then it could be a good game. Woodville and Diboll are sleepers

Guest Tiger03lb
    2 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

Woodville has a good team. What could hurt them against a team like Hitchcock is the passing attack which is something they don't see a lot of but if Woodville gets pressure in the trenches which is Hitchcock weakness then it could be a good game. Woodville and Diboll are sleepers

I'll agree on Woodville. Diboll not so much now. Seems like they have gone down hill a little bit and they'll see Columbus/Lorena. I don't see it being a close game. 

Don't know if Diboll had any injuries to factor in either. 

Just now, Tiger03lb said:

I'll agree on Woodville. Diboll not so much now. Seems like they have gone down hill a little bit and they'll see Columbus/Lorena. I don't see it being a close game. 

Don't know if Diboll had any injuries to factor in either. 

Diboll had some injures first couple games and got some players back but idk since them. But I won't count out anyone in the playoffs. If I had to pick one team as my sleeper in region 3 it would be Woodville

1 hour ago, lionpride08 said:

Sleepers for each region

Region 1 Paradise

Region 2 Tatum

Region 3 Woodville

Region 4 Goliad

Ehhh, if we get on a roll we might could make it interesting. We're awfully young. We did play probably our most complete game Friday night against Atlanta. Maybe we're peaking at the right time and give it a go.....who knows. 

43 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

Ehhh, if we get on a roll we might could make it interesting. We're awfully young. We did play probably our most complete game Friday night against Atlanta. Maybe we're peaking at the right time and give it a go.....who knows. 

I have said IF Tatum can get the offense rolling by playoff time they could make so noise. It's very hard to defend and game plan for when it's ran right. They seem to be peaking at the right time imo

7 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

I have said IF Tatum can get the offense rolling by playoff time they could make so noise. It's very hard to defend and game plan for when it's ran right. They seem to be peaking at the right time imo

Offense has been rolling all season. 

2 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

Diboll had some injures first couple games and got some players back but idk since them. But I won't count out anyone in the playoffs. If I had to pick one team as my sleeper in region 3 it would be Woodville

If Diboll can win vs Buna, then they’ll face either Lorena or Columbus in 2nd round. Will definitely be a tall task with either possible opponent.  Diboll has proven they can hang with the likes of Franklin.  Diboll had a chance to tie or go up in the final moments of the Franklin game as they had Lions at 4th and long before a long TD to the TE. But  That was early in the season so both teams have definitely improved since.  Diboll can be solid on both offense and defense.   Diboll QB has about 2200 passing yards with a solid receiving group.  Per max preps he seems to be top 5 in passing yardage in 3A with 27 TDS and 2 INTS.  Diboll is familiar with Lorena as they met in the regional final last season but both teams look a bit different this season. Will be fun post season!

Guest Tiger03lb
    9 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

I think they may hit a wall if they face West or koff. 

GW did hold them to 28 points. Given that they do well facing that type of offense. 

21 minutes ago, ballwatch said:

If Diboll can win vs Buna, then they’ll face either Lorena or Columbus in 2nd round. Will definitely be a tall task with either possible opponent.  Diboll has proven they can hang with the likes of Franklin.  Diboll had a chance to tie or go up in the final moments of the Franklin game as they had Lions at 4th and long before a long TD to the TE. But  That was early in the season so both teams have definitely improved since.  Diboll can be solid on both offense and defense.   Diboll QB has about 2200 passing yards with a solid receiving group.  Per max preps he seems to be top 5 in passing yardage in 3A with 27 TDS and 2 INTS.  Diboll is familiar with Lorena as they met in the regional final last season but both teams look a bit different this season. Will be fun post season!

But in your honest opinion has diboll took a step back from last year? The lost to Coldspring shocked me tbh

1 hour ago, Tiger03lb said:

I think they may hit a wall if they face West or koff. 

GW did hold them to 28 points. Given that they do well facing that type of offense. 

He said sleeper....not favorite. There's many possible walls for a sleeper. West is definitely tough. Malakoff could be solid but let's break down Malakoff's season just for grins. Yall have 3 wins against teams with a winning record. One of those is West Rusk....which we put 49 on and yall only put 28 on them....."given that they do well facing that type of offense i suppose". Just to throw out a little to counter your GW holding us to 28 comment.....WR held yall to 28. The other 2 were against Teague and Groesbeck. So the highlight of yalls "koff being a wall resume" is a couple wins over 6-4 teams, a win over D2 West Rusk.....a loss to the only stellar team yall have played.....an OT win against 3-7 Salado.

Now....with all that being said.....I do think Koff is probably a contender in this region.....but if ya break it down.....yall aren't near the scariest in the region. West's resume looks real solid. 

Edited by Eagle8

Just now, player73 said:

IMO, this region could be won by several teams. Lots of good match ups and only time will tell. I see a few upsets along the way. 

We just happy to be here. This was supposed to be a 2-8 type season.....staff and boys have completely stomped on all expectations. 

2 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

But in your honest opinion has diboll took a step back from last year? The lost to Coldspring shocked me tbh

I’ll say this, I feel like defensively, they are just as good as last season. Offensively, they are more balanced than last season.  QB play is much improved. Diboll was very run heavy last season but this season can be dangerous through the air.  Running back isn’t going to wow you but he’s been effective.  

yes the Coldspring game was a head scratcher for sure.  Might have been the wake up call the staff and players needed to make a run.  Sort of like Cameron Yoe getting demolished by Franklin.  Cameron Yoe is always dangerous 

Guest Tiger03lb
    33 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

He said sleeper....not favorite. There's many possible walls for a sleeper. West is definitely tough. Malakoff could be solid but let's break down Malakoff's season just for grins. Yall have 3 wins against teams with a winning record. One of those is West Rusk....which we put 49 on and yall only put 28 on them....."given that they do well facing that type of offense i suppose". Just to throw out a little to counter your GW holding us to 28 comment.....WR held yall to 28. The other 2 were against Teague and Groesbeck. So the highlight of yalls "koff being a wall resume" is a couple wins over 6-4 teams, a win over D2 West Rusk.....a loss to the only stellar team yall have played.....an OT win against 3-7 Salado.

Now....with all that being said.....I do think Koff is probably a contender in this region.....but if ya break it down.....yall aren't near the scariest in the region. West's resume looks real solid. 

Where did I say favorite first of all?  I didn't. 

Let's break it down. If you watch koff, which I'm assuming you have. You'd know that we'll eat up the clock against teams like WR, GV, or against teams really, that's been koff's way for years now and our MO. The first qtr alone in the WR game we had the ball for 8/9 minutes. Plus having a sophomore back field to boot with a sophomore starting his first game ever on varsity probably had something to do with that score too. Then to add to that game we held WR to 7 points with a few goal line stands including in the final seconds of the game. The comment was defense or that's what I was referring too, right? 7 points allowed to y'alls 39 allowed

The GV game, we had our worse game of the season because of us. Couldn't catch a ball until mid 3rd qtr, with some other factors in that game but GV won and that was that. Which we held GV scoreless for 3 qtrs, btw.

Look at the point total as they won scoring 21 points. West allowed 21 points in their game between them. Glen Rose allowed 22 points in that game. Plus that is a rivalry game now. 

Salado game, both our #1 and #2 rbs went out and had several tds called back. So us winning in OT with a sophomore qb, with our #3 rb, I'll take that, which I'm pretty sure you would too or I'd assume you would but you are from Tatum so stranger things can happen. 

Who said Koff was the scariest team in the region? I haven't said that. I have said that I like our chances this year, and I don't think I've even said that on here as of yet. I like our defense, which is playing very well, actuallyall season. Our offense has picked up a lot with games under our belt, with a lot of different targets to get the ball too. Right now we are a tough out and are clicking, imo. 

I've been saying that West was a team that everyone was sleeping on all season and is as good as koff and which both teams are very similar this year with both highlighting areas of their teams. Both with great defenses with West at 96 points allowed and koff with 102 points allowed. Get where I'm going with this? Points allowed.

Y'all get into your feelings when I make an opinion and comment about Tatum that is somewhat true. Take last season when I said tatum would only go as far as the coaching staff would take them. That came to light pretty quick in the first round to a team that didn't even score on us in the second round that y'all lost to in the first.

Guess what it's a new season that started this week and it's win or go home now. Good luck this week and the rest of the playoffs to you guys. Glad that you guys are doing well under the current staff now.