💰 The Official NIL thread 💰

1 minute ago, DannyZuco said:

I can't believe that Miami is ranked in Top 10--that blows my mind considering how they have been beaten this year.....But I guess scantily dressed people on a beach all year long does have its appeal.....

Cristobal is really good recruiter and there is a lot of talent in their backyard. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Cristobal is really good recruiter and there is a lot of talent in their backyard. 

But still, you need to be better than 6-6 every year to get a Top 10 recruiting class, unless of course you are A&M  (tongue in cheek).....:rofl:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

NIL was taxable income previously. I suspect most of the NIL monies are between a third party and the student athlete. I had never heard of the National College Players Association. It seems to be an advocacy group versus a union. Never heard of a student athlete paying “dues” to this group. One of the items on their website was to “increase scholarships from $3000 to $5000 per annum”. If they don’t watch out they are going to cause scholarships to become taxable. Interesting concept to have three concurrent employers. I wonder if the three institutions will litigate the ruling.

Maybe I will form the National College Fan Association to lower ticket and beer prices, eliminate 11am games, and require cushioned chair back seats.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, bordertown said:

NIL was taxable income previously. I suspect most of the NIL monies are between a third party and the student athlete. I had never heard of the National College Players Association. It seems to be an advocacy group versus a union. Never heard of a student athlete paying “dues” to this group. One of the items on their website was to “increase scholarships from $3000 to $5000 per annum”. If they don’t watch out they are going to cause scholarships to become taxable. Interesting concept to have three concurrent employers. I wonder if the three institutions will litigate the ruling.

Maybe I will form the National College Fan Association to lower ticket and beer prices, eliminate 11am games, and require cushioned chair back seats.

Where do I send my dues?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Wait til the value of that scholarship gets racked onto their w-2

They have to wait 3 more years before hitting scholarships as income.....My youngest is on a full ride, I don't want to have to pay taxes on that......Repeal the 16th Amendment and we and they won't have to deal with this.....:rofl:

• 2 weeks later...

You're a college recruiter and your staff puts three prospects in front of you. You haven't had a chance to watch their film yet, so this is all you have to go on...  who do you like? 

QB "A"
passing=3500yds 45td 5int 
rushing=900yds, 20tds
Team went 10-0

QB "B"
passing=3000yds 35tds 3int
rushing=200yds 2tds
Team went 8-2

QB "C"
passing=2000yds 25tds 2ints
rushing=200yds 2tds
Team went 8-2

Just on paper, who do you like? 

• Sportsfanatic1 changed the title to Another proof NIL is out of hand..