Jefferson v Mineola @ Spring Hill

FlowJack

Jefferson v Mineola  

29 members have voted

1. 1. #1 v #4...who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/11/2022 at 08:49 PM

13 minutes ago, Jeffersondawgs96 said:

I'm sick to my stomach watching this game in this cold rain. Offense was pathetic.  Not one big play and fumble after fumble. Defense was left on field the whole game. Mineola just slowly marched the ball down field. Mineola ran 3 times the plays we did. 

Offense looked terrible. Defense did all they could do. Reminded me of Malakoff a few years back minus the speed they had. I don’t see too many positives in this one smdh

• Like 1

Offense fumbles 7 times! They did nothing to help the defense.  Pendergrass had 36 carries for 214 yards.  I'll take that defensively with that big ole kid running.  Hell Minny never punted. They went for it on 4th down everytime. Game changer....Dawgs hold Minny inside the 10 yard line. It's 17-13 with 5 mins left in the 3rd. 1st snap we fumble (shocker) and they recover it at the 5. Takes 2 snaps and it's 24-13 and ball game

Edited by Jeffersondawgs96

I know it was windy, cold, and rainy on both teams tonight, but one relies on a ground and pound style and one throws the ball around a lot...it is obvious who was hurt the most.  But, the fumbles were mostly self-inflicted and happened before contact several times so tonight the better team won.  I'm surprised anyone completed a pass in these conditions.  Congrats to both teams on excellent seasons.

• Like 1

I think everyone I talked to thought Jefferson was just going to run away with this. The way Jefferson played last night it surprises me were the #1. In fact, the entire 5-3A division took out 6-3A division last night. Mineola had a game play and Jefferson had no answers. It was like Jefferson came in thinking they had it already won and were shell shocked.

Edited by TXRegulators

Guest Tiger03lb
1 hour ago, TXRegulators said:

I think everyone I talked to thought Jefferson was just going to run away with this. The way Jefferson played last night it surprises me were the #1. In fact, the entire 5-3A division took out 6-3A division last night. Mineola had a game play and Jefferson had no answers. It was like Jefferson came in thinking they had it already won and were shell shocked.

They were going to state. Said so in an interview. 😆

2 hours ago, TXRegulators said:

what interview was that

That moron is talking about a kid that was being interviewed. I mean really, what kid is going to say after a big win “well this is probably the last win we’ll get this season and we’ve accomplished all that we set out to do so let’s get ready for basketball” lol. Just foolish 🙄

22 hours ago, gamewatcher63 said:

Well now that my fingers have thawed…tough night for the Dogs with the fumbles but that how it goes with that constant drizzle and wet ball…Jackets did what they had to do to win and on to next week…Go Jackets!!!

They took it to us with the pound and ground.  I was also impressed with the other big kid #23

Guest Tiger03lb
1 hour ago, Tabasco said:

That moron is talking about a kid that was being interviewed. I mean really, what kid is going to say after a big win “well this is probably the last win we’ll get this season and we’ve accomplished all that we set out to do so let’s get ready for basketball” lol. Just foolish 🙄

1 minute ago, Jeffersondawgs96 said:

That was just kid talking. I'm sure several have said that

It was a joke. I got more of a laugh from it, honestly. Lol. Y'all d6 folk need to chill. 

6 hours ago, TXRegulators said:

Why do you think the Jefferson team came in thinking they had already won? There's not 1 thing written or said by the Jefferson football team that had them "thinking" they had already won the game. That sounds like your opinion. I could understand if you said some of the fans were thinking that. Fans can think or say what they want, won't effect the game. 

Jefferson won a district title and had a good season. Weather definitely impacted things and playoff football is tough, you lose and your done. In addition, you’re relying on 14-17 year old kids to play consistent football each week. 

I think if these two teams were to play each other 10 times on a dry field, Jefferson would win more times than not. But, that’s not how it ended up and there is a lot of great life lessons in that.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ATM007 said:

Jefferson won a district title and had a good season. Weather definitely impacted things and playoff football is tough, you lose and your done. In addition, you’re relying on 14-17 year old kids to play consistent football each week. 

I think if these two teams were to play each other 10 times on a dry field, Jefferson would win more times than not. But, that’s not how it ended up and there is a lot of great life lessons in that.

Mineola was fortunate the field was dry when they had the ball. 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 3

On 11/11/2022 at 9:26 PM, Jeffersondawgs96 said:

Offense fumbles 7 times! They did nothing to help the defense.  Pendergrass had 36 carries for 214 yards.  I'll take that defensively with that big ole kid running.  Hell Minny never punted. They went for it on 4th down everytime. Game changer....Dawgs hold Minny inside the 10 yard line. It's 17-13 with 5 mins left in the 3rd. 1st snap we fumble (shocker) and they recover it at the 5. Takes 2 snaps and it's 24-13 and ball game

That's Mineola's game. Run! They can throw the occasional pass or two but if they are averaging 7-8 yds a carry then why pass it. 

• Like 2