⚾ WORLD Champion Astros Off-season Thread ⚾

RETIREDFAN1

16 hours ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Astros and Brantley reach a verbal agreement.....1 year $12 million......

I think this is a good signing the guy can hit, very good contact hitter. If his shoulder heals he can still play left field and sub at the DH position

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/5/2023 at 10:53 PM, RETIREDFAN1 said:

FB_IMG_1672980757228.jpg

I really believe that this year's team (2023) could be as good or better than any of the teams from the past.  The addition of Abreu is huge and I think the Astros rotation, with a little progress from Hunter Brown, could be better than last year!  I think Houston wins it again!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SAPACK1 said:

I really believe that this year's team (2023) could be as good or better than any of the teams from the past.  The addition of Abreu is huge and I think the Astros rotation, with a little progress from Hunter Brown, could be better than last year!  I think Houston wins it again!

And got Brantley back.......

• Like 1

On 11/30/2022 at 10:08 PM, RETIREDFAN1 said:

I do ......

Still think they are gonna demote Maldonado ?       I didn't think they would and I think it is a huge mistake.  Keeping him is one thing.  Making him the everyday catcher is gonna catch up with them.    I love the guy and glad he is on the team.  But if/when he goes down (Father Time always wins) we have nothing but prospects.  That is not what you want with a top 3-4 pitching staff.     

Edited by THSfanatic

• 3 weeks later...